ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Master's Week

Help me pick a winning combo. No $. Just pride and honor. Need one player in each of the following three "tiers." While there is a fourth tier, it's pretty much everyone else. So if you have a dark horse/sleeper who's not listed (and playing), name 'em.

Tier 1

(1) Dustin Johnson

(2) Justin Thomas

(3) Jon Rahm

(4) Jordan Spieth

(5) Justin Rose

(6) Hideki Matsuyama

(7) Rory McIlroy

(8) Rickie Fowler

(9) Sergio Garcia

(11) Jason Day

Tier 2

(103) Tiger Woods

(12) Tommy Fleetwood

(13) Paul Casey

(14) Henrik Stenson

(15) Alex Noren

(16) Marc Leishman

(17) Tyrrell Hatton

(18) Phil Mickelson

(19) Bubba Watson

(20) Matt Kuchar

Tier 3

(21) Pat Perez

(22) Rafa Cabrera Bello

(23) Brian Harman

(24) Patrick Reed

(25) Kevin Kisner

(26) Xander Schauffele

(27) Francesco Molinari

(28) Charley Hoffman

(29) Ian Poulter

(30) Kiradech Aphibarnrat

(31) Louis Oosthuizen

(32) Gary Woodland

(33) Branden Grace

(34) Tony Finau

(35) Patrick Cantlay

(36) Ross Fisher

(37) Daniel Berger

(38) Matthew Fitzpatrick

(39) Kevin Chappell

(40) Brendan Steele

Jon Rahm.

CBS Sports Network will be providing week long coverage during the day with Masters on the Range. As always Golf Channel is there too.

A must listen/watch is the Dan Patrick Show Thurday and Friday for their annual Jim Nantz sound alike contest. Always funny. And surprising Jim Nantz has never won! Hello friends.

Help me pick a winning combo. No $. Just pride and honor. Need one player in each of the following three "tiers." While there is a fourth tier, it's pretty much everyone else. So if you have a dark horse/sleeper who's not listed (and playing), name 'em.

Tier 1

(1) Dustin Johnson

(2) Justin Thomas

(3) Jon Rahm

(4) Jordan Spieth

(5) Justin Rose

(6) Hideki Matsuyama

(7) Rory McIlroy

(8) Rickie Fowler

(9) Sergio Garcia

(11) Jason Day

Tier 2

(103) Tiger Woods

(12) Tommy Fleetwood

(13) Paul Casey

(14) Henrik Stenson

(15) Alex Noren

(16) Marc Leishman

(17) Tyrrell Hatton

(18) Phil Mickelson

(19) Bubba Watson

(20) Matt Kuchar

Tier 3

(21) Pat Perez

(22) Rafa Cabrera Bello

(23) Brian Harman

(24) Patrick Reed

(25) Kevin Kisner

(26) Xander Schauffele

(27) Francesco Molinari

(28) Charley Hoffman

(29) Ian Poulter

(31) Louis Oosthuizen

(32) Gary Woodland

(33) Branden Grace

(34) Tony Finau

(35) Patrick Cantlay

(36) Ross Fisher

(37) Daniel Berger

(38) Matthew Fitzpatrick

(39) Kevin Chappell

(40) Brendan Steele
It's fair to have Tiger in tier 2, but he may be in the mix and it would be nice to see. Love him or hate him, the Masters and golf are better with him in the mix on Sundays.

Tough to leave Bubba out of tier one for Rickie.
Speaking of Fowler, he’s 29...realistically he’s got 6 years to win a major before he should have to hear about it every day.
The expectations are enormous on him even at 29, especially with Thomas and Speith both being younger.
Ricki is feeling the pressure and refuses to talk about it, he’s all about positivity, but one day he’s gotta be special on Sunday in a major or it’s going to get in his head.
Yes the TPC is the 5th major, and I love him in the Ryder Cup, but they ain’t majors on Sunday.

Reactions: the sky is blue
Speaking of Fowler, he’s 29...realistically he’s got 6 years to win a major before he should have to hear about it every day.
The expectations are enormous on him even at 29, especially with Thomas and Speith both being younger.
Ricki is feeling the pressure and refuses to talk about it, he’s all about positivity, but one day he’s gotta be special on Sunday in a major or it’s going to get in his head.
Yes the TPC is the 5th major, and I love him in the Ryder Cup, but they ain’t majors on Sunday.
I hope Rickie isn't the next Sergio. I started to give up on Sergio and gave him even more credit when he did win one. Rickie will get his.

Rooting for DJ to win. I think Rahm will be in the mix. I think I read a stat that the Masters is typically won by a top 30 golfer. This is my favorite tournament and hoping it's a great one.

Tier 1

(1) Dustin Johnson

(2) Justin Thomas

(3) Jon Rahm

(4) Jordan Spieth

(5) Justin Rose

(6) Hideki Matsuyama

(7) Rory McIlroy

(8) Rickie Fowler

(9) Sergio Garcia

(11) Jason Day

Tier 2

(103) Tiger Woods

(12) Tommy Fleetwood

(13) Paul Casey

(14) Henrik Stenson

(15) Alex Noren

(16) Marc Leishman

(17) Tyrrell Hatton

(18) Phil Mickelson

(19) Bubba Watson

(20) Matt Kuchar

Tier 3

(21) Pat Perez

(22) Rafa Cabrera Bello

(23) Brian Harman

(24) Patrick Reed

(25) Kevin Kisner

(26) Xander Schauffele

(27) Francesco Molinari

(28) Charley Hoffman

(29) Ian Poulter

(31) Louis Oosthuizen

(32) Gary Woodland

(33) Branden Grace

(34) Tony Finau

(35) Patrick Cantlay

(36) Ross Fisher

(37) Daniel Berger

(38) Matthew Fitzpatrick

(39) Kevin Chappell

(40) Brendan Steele
Boom Boom, Freddy Couples. Slam dunk pick for those not listed.

Ricki F was my pick last year. Kid just cannot get it done. So... yeah. He'll win it this year, going away.

Ricki F was my pick last year. Kid just cannot get it done. So... yeah. He'll win it this year, going away.
Augusta usually wins.....very few have tamed it (ask Greg Norman). Everybody else just hangs on. O'Meara in 1998, *Has it really been 20 years? Tiger. Jack. Watson. Player. Snead. Faldo.
Maybe it's Rory's turn.

Fred has an amazing knack for scoring well for a Couple of rounds.

Practice round 4-some tomorrow. Freddy, Tiger, Phil and the above mentioned Thomas Pieters. That's going to be a very large crowd following that group for a Tuesday.
Tiger and Freddy played 9 today.

I'll be there Wednesday for the Par 3. I've been once before, to a practice round, looking forward to it. Hope the weather holds out.

I’ll be there as well, leaving from Wilmington, NC. Never been and really looking to seeing the course, just hoping no T storms.

When he was in Vegas, I had a friend put a futures bet on the Masters for me. Went with Paul Casey at 30-1.

I won a no $ Masters pool last year with Sergio. Being this one would mean cash in my pocket I'm not expecting 2 years in a row.

When he was in Vegas, I had a friend put a futures bet on the Masters for me. Went with Paul Casey at 30-1.

I won a no $ Masters pool last year with Sergio. Being this one would mean cash in my pocket I'm not expecting 2 years in a row.
If you have the winner no matter who you pick you are going to make some good $. Odds are high this year with no clear cut favorite. Yesterday odds were 10-1 on the 3 favorites.

Mickelson & Fowler are my horses.....TW does not make the cut for me

Number one pick is Spieth. He's got the game for that course providing he putts. My bet is being back there wakes the putter up.

McIlroy looked positively dominant down the stretch at Bay Hill. Like him a lot, too.

Bubba also has the game for that course. Hard not to like him.

JT seems to be in every tournament he enters. Hard not to like him.

Would love to see TW or Phil win the horse race home on Sunday. Anything is possible on that course.

Has to be the most interesting Masters since Ive been watching. Who wins? Who knows?

Number one pick is Spieth. He's got the game for that course providing he putts. My bet is being back there wakes the putter up.

McIlroy looked positively dominant down the stretch at Bay Hill. Like him a lot, too.

Bubba also has the game for that course. Hard not to like him.

JT seems to be in every tournament he enters. Hard not to like him.

Would love to see TW or Phil win the horse race home on Sunday. Anything is possible on that course.

Has to be the most interesting Masters since Ive been watching. Who wins? Who knows?
With all the possibilities this is going to be ratings gold

Agree with lots of the posts, there are many possibilities. In addition to the many mentioned I’ve been impressed with Noren and Fleetwood. I wouldn’t categorize them as favorites but wouldn’t be shocked if one or both were up among the top few on the leader board. Gonna be fun to watch!

Reactions: the sky is blue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT