ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Master's Week

Obviously he is not out of it at +1. I do point out that the last 12 winners were inside the top 10 after day 1. Tiger is T29.
Love the stats. Now were all the top 10 inside of 7 strokes?

You can have it now. Non factor.
Whatever. He is no longer the dominant player in the world but his game is as good as anyone. He can win any week. He beat JT and DJ today. Like all the other top players he has to be hot to win. He wasn’t hot today but fought through.

Spieth owns Augusta National. It just suits his eye in every facet of his game. May not win this week, or he may likely, but he's going to win four or five green jackets,

Spieth owns Augusta National. It just suits his eye in every facet of his game. May not win this week, or he may likely, but he's going to win four or five green jackets,
Agree. There is something about Augusta that just makes sense to him, more than anyone else. He steps on these grounds and knows exactly what he's doing, while most others are trying to figure it out.

Here’s a Phil story for you guys. He pops up and plays Plainfield every so often when he’s in the area. Buddy of mine usually caddies for him when he gives his steady looper the day off.

Always peels off 6 Ben Franklins to pay him at the end of the round.

Agree. There is something about Augusta that just makes sense to him, more than anyone else. He steps on these grounds and knows exactly what he's doing, while most others are trying to figure it out.

Started off today with a double on #1 after a wayward drive. On in 4 and 2 putts,

Spieth -4 (1)
Kuchar -4 (3)
Phil -3 (3)
Rory -3
Stenson -3
Reed -3

Freddie E (7)

From the little I've seen #s 1 and 4 are giving the players problems.

Last edited:
I will throw Cali and Whitebus a bone. Since our bet is most likely a 10+ year bet due to the format, I will throw in the "earlier of Rutgers winning a B1G championship or Tiger's plays on the senior tour".

Reactions: WhiteBus
He'll be fine. Tough day. Only Fowler and Weisberger under par on the leaderboard. Wish they'd show him instead of this amateur making bogeys. What are they thinking at Augusta national with this stupid coverage?

Some big scores by some big names. Spieth doubled #1 and bogeyed #2. Phil tripled #9 as did Freddie on #11.

Last edited:
Woods dropping even further. T34. Playing as well as he can, as we’ve been told here by looking at analytics of swing speed and whatever else you guys were using, and he’s still mediocre.

He’s just another guy now. The only thing he has they don’t is a hype machine/

The course is angry today! It's been a long time under nice conditions that this course has terrorized the players like this. Buckle up everyone.

Reactions: MoobyCow
Unreal leaderboard. Bubba Watson, JT, Rose, DJ, Spieth, Rory, Stenson, Fowler, all under par and within a few shots of the lead.

No facet of Woods game was ready to contend. His best stretch of golf, by far, was on the range Thursday morning. Should have played in Houston last week.

Doesn’t have it anymore. It’s the next generations game now. And what a great one they are. Golden age of golf.

Tiger in the drink. Looks like his chance to play on the weekend is all wet.

My picks...

T1: Justin Thomas
T2: Tiger Woods
T3: Patrick Reed
T4: Thomas Pieters

Tie Breaker (total winning score): 277

Pieters petered out. But I'm good. 3 of my guys made the cut, which is required in this pickem contest. Oscar Mike....

Should have listened to me about Freddy! Reed was a great pick though. Can't believe he was tier 3.

Reed is a strong player. Have seen him play in Tampa the past few years and believe that he is an elite player on the Tour.

Will be interesting to see how he plays with the lead tomorrow. If he shoots 2 Under he can eliminate guys going into Sunday. As long as he doesn’t implode on Sunday. Spotlight on Patrick Reed tomorrow.

He played at Augusta Natl as the home course on his college team. He knows the course.

Reed is a strong player. Have seen him play in Tampa the past few years and believe that he is an elite player on the Tour.

Will be interesting to see how he plays with the lead tomorrow. If he shoots 2 Under he can eliminate guys going into Sunday. As long as he doesn’t implode on Sunday. Spotlight on Patrick Reed tomorrow.

He played at Augusta Natl as the home course on his college team. He knows the course.
Reed is probably my favorite player right now. Love the aggressiveness but it’s also his weakness. It’ Be a grind over the weekend with the expected forecast. I think that is not going to be his game.

My grinders are Speith, JT, and Shrek.

Today's weather is going to make moving day very interesting. Supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Early tee times could make up ground.

Phil looked like me in the woods. He should’ve pretended like it was practice swing. That’s what I would do. LOL.

His driver off the deck had much better results.

Last edited:
Lots of moving on moving day. Weather seems to have past through earlier. Low scores are out there today.

Long drives give you very little advantage at the Masters. It is all about placement of the second shot. If you can't do that, the course can make you look like an amateur.

Think they need a weather thread. Forecast was a bust. No wind and the rain is making greens easier. Reed is not catchable.

Jeff Knox was the only player to make a birdie on the 11th on Saturday. And he was a non-competing player to accompany the first player.

Why is he not on the tour?

A Reed-McIlroy final group tomorrow will be interesting.

Great chance for Rory to win, but Reed is very strong and has played under pressure in Ryder Cup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT