ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire passes at 74

Prayers to Maurice and his family. Founder of Earth, Wind and Fire. Great music. Hard to believe another star from my youth is gone. Peace.
I hear you LC-88, they are all mid 60's and above! How old is Bruce!?
RIP Sir White...

So sorry to hear about Maurice's passing. He had been suffering from Parkinson's for many years. I have seen Earth, Wind and Fire probably 30 times(about 15 times with Maurice) and have always enjoyed their concerts and shows. I also had the privilege of talking to Maurice for about a half hour at the old Golden Nugget in Atlantic City where they had performed an outdoor concert around 1986. He was a true gentleman and great performer.

Also, back in the late 70's when I was bartending at the Playpen in Wildwood during the summers while going to RU, there was a house band called Egdon Heath that was phenomenal. They played many songs of Earth, Wind & Fire and were absolutely great doing them.

Lastly, the only ringtone I have ever had is Earth, Wind and Fire's "Fantasy" and whenever my phone rings and I'm near someone that doesn't know me, every person always responds what a great ringtone and song that is!

Best of Luck,
Groz

Wow, this is beat. I shared a flight with about half the band from Denver to Newark in Feb 2001. They were coming to New York to get inducted to the Rock 'n Roll HOF. Great guys, really down to earth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT