ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mike Rice

You might want to actually watch the Cooper video, linked in the article you linked, because 101.5's "headline" in that article is inaccurate and totally out of context. She and the host were talking about what should the solution be to addressing white supremacy and her full answer was, "The thing I want to say to you is we got to take these mother******s out,” though she quickly added, "I don't believe in a project of violence...I really don't, because I think our souls suffer from that."

And if you don't think that black people, who have suffered more than a little bit over centuries at the hands of a white supremacist society - and what else can you say our society was when the white power structure enslaved people and destroyed the indigenous populations in this country and treated any non-white people as inferior (and some on the far right still believe these things) - don't occasionally think about taking current white supremacist mfers out and aren't justified in thinking that, then I don't know what to tell you.

And while Cooper is a bit heavy handed in her approach, IMO, I can understand why and no, I don't think she should be fired from RU. I also don't think that CRT is the problem that some think it is. I have zero issue with teaching all kids about our shared history, warts and all and that systemic racism is still present (despite the great progress made in our society, which CRT does not overlook) and at it's heart that's all it really is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory
COOPER IS A FLAT OUT RACIST WHO SHOULD BE FIRED...ONLY HER COLOR PROTECTS HER

EDUCATE YOURSELF ON HER FULL HISTORY...BUT NO SURPRISE A LEFTIST NUT WHO MADE A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME WOULD SEE NO ISSUE WITH BRITTANY COOPER AND HER RACIST AND VIOLENT STATEMENTS

Reactions: Caliknight
Well, maybe I misunderstood you. Maybe if you said his behavior at the time was misogynistic and homophobic. But a tyrant, IDK. Even the misogynistic and homophobic part- remember, these incidents occurred 12 years ago. It was not uncommon for men's coaches and players to sling slurs at each other that are off limits today. Standards have changed since 2012.

And @bac2therac can speak for himself, but a quick review of the situation by the Rutgers attorneys and higher ups was that Rice did not create "a hostile work environment for his assistants." It was not until the videos surfaced in the national media (ESPN) that everyone near the top bucked up and decided they had to fire Rice. This by no means condones what he said or did, but IMO, what he did/said was not as unacceptable as it is in today's cancel culture. Times change and people change. And as the FIJI poster said, redemption is a good thing when people learn from their mistakes. Peace.
Thank you for alerting me to his personal attack post he made here

Now watch him try to say it wasnt him who started it

EDUCATE YOURSELF ON HER FULL HISTORY...BUT NO SURPRISE A LEFTIST NUT WHO MADE A PERSONAL ATTACK ON ME WOULD SEE NO ISSUE WITH BRITTANY COOPER AND HER RACIST AND VIOLENT STATEMENTS
Wow, you must be correct about her, because you wrote it in all caps. I guarantee you I know more about Ms. Cooper's history than you and while she's controversial, it's not racist to point out the history of racism that was foundational to this country and still persists in a not small number of white supremacists today, almost all of whom support your POTUS candidate - I wonder why that is.

DISGRACEFUL PERSONAL ATTACK POST BY LEFTIST NUTJOB
lol, should I share some of the attacks you and your ilk have made against me on the CE board? You guys can't stop pinging and attacking me over there - it's comical and sad and the volume of those attacks easily overwhelms my one tiny zing at you in this thread. Also, are you saying you don't support an abusive, misogynist, homophobic tyrant currently?

Reactions: NotInRHouse

Two posts in a row in all caps... is your keyboard stuck?

Rice didn't punch anyone. He yelled at them, and used naughty language, and threw basketballs at their legs (as part of drill designed to get a player to focus with chaos going on around them). There is nothing that takes place in that video that wasn't, at the time, taking place daily at 50% of high school and college football practices across the country.

ESPN needed a story, manufactured one, and that's all that anyone needs to know.
Not going to disagree (or agree) with most of your post, but "naughty" in "naughty language" is doing some heavy lifting here. More like hateful, bigoted language. Now, I think we all agree that, as a society, we've grown past language like this in 2024 as compared to when this happened. But -- to suggest this wasn't grounds for firing even then -- is asinine. He didn't work in a coal mine or local McDonalds; he was the head MBB coach at a major state university.

lol, should I share some of the attacks you and your ilk have made against me on the CE board? You guys can't stop pinging and attacking me over there - it's comical and sad and the volume of those attacks easily overwhelms my one tiny zing at you in this thread. Also, are you saying you don't support an abusive, misogynist, homophobic tyrant currently?
THIS ISNT THE CURRENT EVENT BOARD...READ THE ROOM...AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK, I HAD MADE JUST ONE BRIEF COMMENT IN THIS THREAD

I ABSOLUTELY 100% SUPPORT WHO I AM VOTING FOR AND IF YOU CHECK THE POLLS I AM SITTING PRETTY GOOD

SORRY YOU ARE DERANGED ABOUT THAT

THIS ISNT THE CURRENT EVENT BOARD...READ THE ROOM...AN UNPROVOKED ATTACK, I HAD MADE JUST ONE BRIEF COMMENT IN THIS THREAD

I ABSOLUTELY 100% SUPPORT WHO I AM VOTING FOR AND IF YOU CHECK THE POLLS I AM SITTING PRETTY GOOD

SORRY YOU ARE DERANGED ABOUT THAT
To be fair... I have never once even accidentally clicked on the CE board (literally never) and I know your politics. It may be time for you to look in the mirror. Just a suggestion.

To be fair... I have never once even accidentally clicked on the CE board (literally never) and I know your politics. It may be time for you to look in the mirror. Just a suggestion.
And as a huge Trumper (which, again, I can gather just from your posts on the MBB board), you should know that polls sometimes can't be relied upon lol.

who cares, i am 100% fine with my politics. I do not post my politics here and did not in this thread...maybe you should address the nutjob who made a personal attack and brought politics in this thread, it certainly wasnt me.

And as a huge Trumper (which, again, I can gather just from your posts on the MBB board), you should know that polls sometimes can't be relied upon lol.
who cares, this is a hoops board, im not here to talk politics or inject it like you or numbers want to in this thread, im responding to his post trying to think its somehow outlandish to support a guy who is leading in the polls because you can throw phobe, ists, and call his supporters deplorable or terrorists...gtfohwts

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
Yes, Mike Rice was over-the-top aggressive and abusive towards the players. Yet, I never viewed his conduct as so terrible as to ruin his career. Didn't the video of the incident survice as part of the Eric Murdock's extortion, err, I mean claim against RU? i agree with Bac that the incident was overblown.
you were right the first time. It was extortion

Reactions: RU-AGK
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Reactions: bac2therac
who cares, i am 100% fine with my politics. I do not post my politics here and did not in this thread...maybe you should address the nutjob who made a personal attack and brought politics in this thread, it certainly wasnt me.
My point is — whether you realize it or not — you’ve brought politics into enough MBB threads that I know your politics despite never entering the CE board…

I’ve said this in a thread before (can’t recall where) but I’d love to simply not know that type of thing. I’d love for these threads to actually be about Rutgers MBB.

Reactions: Smols
My point is — whether you realize it or not — you’ve brought politics into enough MBB threads that I know your politics despite never entering the CE board…

I’ve said this in a thread before (can’t recall where) but I’d love to simply not know that type of thing. I’d love for these threads to actually be about Rutgers MBB.
He regularly brings politics into non-CE threads. Way more than most and certainly way more than I do. But he says he doesn't and says it in all caps, so it must be true, lol.

being against covid mandates and masking is not politics, i do not talk politics on this hoops board

• Haha
Reactions: fsg2
He regularly brings politics into non-CE threads. Way more than most and certainly way more than I do. But he says he doesn't and says it in all caps, so it must be true, lol.
how about you apologize and admit you were wrong to unprovoked making a personal attack, i guess todays testimony has you feeling stressed

if you can do that, the mods can delete all these threads and we can discuss the topic of Mike Rice in this thread

being against covid mandates and masking is not politics, i do not talk politics on this hoops board
And you're wrong again, at least on this board, where Richie has said many times that COVID discussion (even of COVID science, which is why my COVID threads were eventually locked) is political in nature as far as this site is concerned and posting about it can result in banning.

And you're wrong again, at least on this board, where Richie has said many times that COVID discussion (even of COVID science, which is why my COVID threads were eventually locked) is political in nature as far as this site is concerned and posting about it can result in banning.
and where the f have i been posted about covid on the hoops board...thats been over 2 years since the masking which was a topic to discuss since we were wearing them at the rac

you just interjected politics into this thread out of the blue and for some reason keep saying oooh look what they said two three years ago..well you certainly arent clean especially lucky you are even here after your meltdown comments directed toward Richie..how about you grow up

just own it, this thread was fine until you decided to break the rules and lodge a personal attack

everyone can read what happened

how about you apologize and admit you were wrong to unprovoked making a personal attack, i guess todays testimony has you feeling stressed

if you can do that, the mods can delete all these threads and we can discuss the topic of Mike Rice in this thread
I have no idea what testimony you're referring to and I'd be happy to apologize for my my very subtle jab at you...if you apologize (here and on the CE board) for your numerous unprovoked (I haven't posted there in at least 2 years) far harsher CE board attacks and insults hurled my way. Ball's in your court.

Not going to disagree (or agree) with most of your post, but "naughty" in "naughty language" is doing some heavy lifting here. More like hateful, bigoted language. Now, I think we all agree that, as a society, we've grown past language like this in 2024 as compared to when this happened. But -- to suggest this wasn't grounds for firing even then -- is asinine. He didn't work in a coal mine or local McDonalds; he was the head MBB coach at a major state university.
I never played basketball at a major state university, but do you really think throwing out insults that insinuated that players were of the other gender or were gay was that big of a deal in 2012? These players probably heard similar things in high school and on the courts. During the same time period, our kids shared a bus with Christian Brother Academy students when they were in middle school. They learned a lot of words from those bus rides.

Reactions: RU-AGK
I have no idea what testimony you're referring to and I'd be happy to apologize for my my very subtle jab at you...if you apologize (here and on the CE board) for your numerous unprovoked (I haven't posted there in at least 2 years) far harsher CE board attacks and insults hurled my way. Ball's in your court.
horsesh!t

come on and join us on CE if you want to discuss @RU848789

He's had a rough week, no?

We don't all post 100 times a day simping and claiming our masculinity idol who wears makeup isn't losing, didn't lose, won't be charged, ok but not convicted, oh but just wait for appeal etc

At least he got the kraken released and Professor Cooper fired though, right?

Reactions: RU848789
Rewatch the video. He threw a basketball at a player’s head and kicked another player. Not sure why you don’t see that as a problem. I must say if I ever had to defend someone on an assault charge, I would want you on the jury.
No ... he hit a player in the head (accidentally), while throwing at his legs. It happens; it's sports.

If I believed for a second that every player (and coach) on that team hadn't used similar (or identical) language at some point that week, then I might care. But I don't ... and I don't. It's sports, not the language police. There's nothing I heard come out of Mike Rice's mouth that I didn't hear every day from players on the football team when I was a walk-on in the mid-1990s.

You might want to actually watch the Cooper video, linked in the article you linked, because 101.5's "headline" in that article is inaccurate and totally out of context. She and the host were talking about what should the solution be to addressing white supremacy and her full answer was, "The thing I want to say to you is we got to take these mother******s out,” though she quickly added, "I don't believe in a project of violence...I really don't, because I think our souls suffer from that."

And if you don't think that black people, who have suffered more than a little bit over centuries at the hands of a white supremacist society - and what else can you say our society was when the white power structure enslaved people and destroyed the indigenous populations in this country and treated any non-white people as inferior (and some on the far right still believe these things) - don't occasionally think about taking current white supremacist mfers out and aren't justified in thinking that, then I don't know what to tell you.

And while Cooper is a bit heavy handed in her approach, IMO, I can understand why and no, I don't think she should be fired from RU. I also don't think that CRT is the problem that some think it is. I have zero issue with teaching all kids about our shared history, warts and all and that systemic racism is still present (despite the great progress made in our society, which CRT does not overlook) and at it's heart that's all it really is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory
True liberal outlook in full force..

If I believed for a second that every player (and coach) on that team hadn't used similar (or identical) language at some point that week, then I might care. But I don't ... and I don't. It's sports, not the language police. There's nothing I heard come out of Mike Rice's mouth that I didn't hear every day from players on the football team when I was a walk-on in the mid-1990s.
Yeah, same with me playing HS sports. But this was the coach… caught on camera, while also throwing balls at players and exhibiting extreme anger issues. If you can’t see how that’s different, especially at a DI state university, then you’re just not very smart.

And for the record, I heard none of this language when I was around the football team every day in the early 2010s. Times change. People grow. Language evolves.

Yeah, same with me playing HS sports. But this was the coach… caught on camera, while also throwing balls at players and exhibiting extreme anger issues. If you can’t see how that’s different, especially at a DI state university, then you’re just not very smart.

And for the record, I heard none of this language when I was around the football team every day in the early 2010s. Times change. People grow. Language evolves.
You were involved with the football team and you never heard a black football player use the N word?

I think you’re confused. We’re talking about the F** word…
Oh I'm familiar with what language appeared in the video. That's why I used the words "similar," "identical," or "worse." We specifically had to have a DEI hire LGBTQ athletics director for two and a half years because Rice used a homophobic slur. It didn't buy-off the media as Barchi the Clown had hoped (it never does), but that's still why we hired her.

Now that that is out of the way ... I noticed you didn't answer my question: You were involved with the football team and you never heard a black football player use the N word?

Last edited:
Oh I'm familiar with what language appeared in the video. That's why I used the words "similar," "identical," or "worse." We specifically had to have a DEI hire LGBTQ athletics director for two and a half years because Rice used a homophobic slur. It didn't buy-off the media as Barchi the Clown had hoped (it never does), but that's still why we hired her.

Now that that is out of the way ... I noticed you didn't answer my question: You were involved with the football team and you never heard a black football player use the N word?
“I noticed you didn’t answer my question” lol… yeah because it was irrelevant.

I never said I didn’t hear the N word when I worked with the team. To conflate a Black man using the N word conversationally with a peer to a straight man (also the head coach) calling another man a f** as an insult/to belittle a player is crazy. If you can’t see the difference there then there’s no hope for you.

Based upon your tone/rant above I’m going to assume you won’t be able to see that difference…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT