ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MSU Transfer OL Kevin Wigenton to Illinois...

I'll be honest, it made me kind of sick with the way he were courting him after how he screwed us last time. I'm kind of glad he's not coming.
Yeah, I can absolutely see your point. -Was strictly thinking pragmatically that he would have been a help along the line...but I didn't forget about what he did previously either.

Reactions: Rhuarc
He needed a free meal. Guess his momma’s cooking isn’t that good as he claimed.

I'll be honest, it made me kind of sick with the way he were courting him after how he screwed us last time. I'm kind of glad he's not coming.
makes me wonder if we're that desperate this far into Greg's tenure. I'm of the opinion that unless someone is a sure thing/starter from word go, we're looking at depth 4-5yrs in.

that said, fk this kid as someone laid out his last recruitment. fk him

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Hey I don’t fault them nor him with $$$$$ involved.Wigenton needed a free meal . “ missing my mom’s cooking” . He is the type of guy who Schiano mentioned… watched practice and said “ not for me”. .

Schiano offered him a scholarship and he officially visited Rutgers. That tells you that he was wanted by Rutgers. He went to Illini because Greg could only offered him 50 cents as NIL money. Don’t try to spin it we lost on this player because we do not have the money required to play to win. Illinois beat us for a player the coaching staff wanted but we continue with the BS excuses. NIL is not going away if we want to win we have to help the team win.

could be money, but coach also said some guys are not rutgers guys. and he said that about kids this visit weekend. could have been a tell

Reactions: TRU2RU and ru66
Schiano offered him a scholarship and he officially visited Rutgers. That tells you that he was wanted by Rutgers. He went to Illini because Greg could only offered him 50 cents as NIL money. Don’t try to spin it we lost on this player because we do not have the money required to play to win. Illinois beat us for a player the coaching staff wanted but we continue with the BS excuses. NIL is not going away if we want to win we have to help the team win.
Just remember this when we're downing our 3rd $10 beer at the bowl game, right?

After he watched practice he decided “ nope not for me”.Trust this we’ll be fine on the Oline in 2024. Time for a two week ban for you…😜

Reactions: Yeah Baby
If he could play RT I think he would have been a big help. I thought he was an IOL which means he had to compete with 2 other guys who have started and played a lot for us. We also recruited a lot of numbers on the OL the past few years so I see no reason to dip into the NIL reserves for a guy who is not a Rutgers guy. We were lucky with Dunlap but not as lucky with some other OL transfers. How hard do they want to work?

De Rienzo and Dunlap pretty good gets. Tyler was also pretty good but went to Louisville after 2 seasons. So Oline transfers we have done ok. I expect Rutgers to add a good Oline guy after February. Maybe even 2 … DT is the B1G need and we need really 2 plus an experienced TE. QB still is a need if only because we can’t go into ‘24 without 5 minimum . Even Greg is aware of that . So far Wimsatt, Sheppard, Surace and walk on from Long Island Trinity HS.

Funny on today’s Rutgers football Wire : Lead story about Greg’s not concerned about some who visited this past week and didn’t commit.Why? Practice is extremely tough. I remember one of Brian Leonard’s first Saturday scrimmages frosh year. Took the handoff cut to his right, around the end and literally ran the cornerback over like a rag doll. Knew then he was special and went on to Frosh All American and a great NFL career.

Reactions: satnom
Funny on today’s Rutgers football Wire : Lead story about Greg’s not concerned about some who visited this past week and didn’t commit.Why? Practice is extremely tough. I remember one of Brian Leonard’s first Saturday scrimmages frosh year. Took the handoff cut to his right, around the end and literally ran the cornerback over like a rag doll. Knew then he was special and went on to Frosh All American and a great NFL career.
I mean are we really running much harder practices than other programs??

I mean are we really running much harder practices than other programs??
Word has it is we do and by that I mean accountability and discipline .It’s not about the physicality part as much as some might think. Non stop … intensity … but hey what do I know🤫

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT