ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My night is now complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Kelce jacket was hideous
She looked like an aircraft carrier conning tower

0CF7txL.jpg

I honestly don’t understand why she bothers some people so much.
I agree, I think there is a bit of misogyny with some of that. I’m not a guy that is into pop culture and pop music at all. I’ve heard some of her music, I think she is a good songwriter and a middling singer. A more talented Madonna if you will. I can name dozens of better and more impactful female singers, but pop music is about a lot of other stuff.

They make foie gras by force feeding ducks and geese (gavage).
I like Swift but media makes us all ducks and geese.
No gavage with Beyonce or Olivia Rodrigo

IGMCZea.jpg

Maybe it's the constant overexposure and showing her reaction after a touchdown even when vax poster boy was not involved in the play.
Same here...
Too much focus on her and not on the game. When Pacheco scored a TD earlier this season, instead of showing his TD dance, the camera panned to her with her mouth gaping wide open. It's not necessarily hate, but it's like seeing the same annoying commercial over and over again that you don't want to see again.
I agree, I think there is a bit of misogyny with some of that. I’m not a guy that is into pop culture and pop music at all. I’ve heard some of her music, I think she is a good songwriter and a middling singer. A more talented Madonna if you will. I can name dozens of better and more impactful female singers, but pop music is about a lot of other stuff.
That's a reach with misogyny. The core football audience doesn't want to keep seeing her over the game, the players, and their reactions. Once in a while during the game, fine. But it seems that she is bigger than the game. I would not know a Taylor Swift song if I heard it. I don't think or care about her or legions of other pop stars. When I watch a football game, I want to see the football game. If she was the star of the halftime show, fine, would be interesting to see. I might even become a fan.

I think a lot of folks believe she's a talentless creation of marketing and heavy studio editing (there are plenty of those around, and always have been). But she's as skilled a songwriter and musician as most of the pop artists we listened to when we were younger...

Maybe it's the constant overexposure and showing her reaction after a touchdown even when vax poster boy was not involved in the play.

Too much focus on her and not on the game. When Pacheco scored a TD earlier this season, instead of showing his TD dance, the camera panned to her with her mouth gaping wide open. It's not necessarily hate, but it's like seeing the same annoying commercial over and over again that you don't want to see again.

That's a reach with misogyny. The core football audience doesn't want to keep seeing her over the game, the players, and their reactions. Once in a while during the game, fine. But it seems that she is bigger than the game. I would not know a Taylor Swift song if I heard it. I don't think or care about her or legions of other pop stars. When I watch a football game, I want to see the football game. If she was the star of the halftime show, fine, would be interesting to see. I might even become a fan.
Same deal with Giselle during Brady's run.

I hear ol TayTay is a pretty sharp businessman. I'll bet she's getting a piece of the revenue stream for the broadcast for showing her face all the time. Might as well show it all they can to maximize revenue.

I don’t understand the infatuation with her. Thankfully my daughter isn’t into her music or persona

Personally when I watch a football game I’m not tuning in to see random celebrities. I don’t know anyone that cares that so and so is at the game

Pop culture wise if her and kelce date that’s fine, but keep it out of the actual broadcast

Reactions: charliem24
Maybe because she’s some alleged environmentalist and yet her carbon footprint in just ONE private jaunt to scream for her current cock and balls is bigger than the average Americans for an entire year.

I don’t care…drill baby drill…but the annoying double standards some get away with p/o people (like when the climate talks featured a menu full of steak).

🤭

Reactions: MulletCork

My daughter brought home the Time Person of the Year magazine home. In the article she talks about the exposure she gets at the games. She basically said , she has no clue when the producers decide to show her, heck she doesn't even know when she is on screen. She realizes she has no control over it so she just "shakes it off". The NFL knows they have had a large increase of viewers with her Swifties watching the games so they are the ones to blame, not her.

She does realize the Dad's and Brad's ( her words ) blame her , just like you do but she is there to support her boyfriend and cannot control what you think or anyone else.

I hear ol TayTay is a pretty sharp businessman. I'll bet she's getting a piece of the revenue stream for the broadcast for showing her face all the time. Might as well show it all they can to maximize revenue.

She's very smart about most things.
Well raised by a Pops who was a broker for Merrill Lynch and moms a mutual fund exec.
They all worked hard to float the career
The Swifts know how to do business.

Last edited:
Reactions: redking
My daughter brought home the Time Person of the Year magazine home. In the article she talks about the exposure she gets at the games. She basically said , she has no clue when the producers decide to show her, heck she doesn't even know when she is on screen. She realizes she has no control over it so she just "shakes it off". The NFL knows they have had a large increase of viewers with her Swifties watching the games so they are the ones to blame, not her.

She does realize the Dad's and Brad's ( her words ) blame her , just like you do but she is there to support her boyfriend and cannot control what you think or anyone else.
I get it. Hate the game, not the players. From everything I have read on her, and in particular, Bruce Springsteen told a story when he brought his daughter backstage at a TS concert because his daughter wanted to meet her, she was very gracious and nice. Well of course she would be, it's Bruce Springsteen, but that point aside, from what I have read, she seems like she does a lot of good with her celebrity.
And I get the broadcasters and the NFL trying to broaden their exposure to a wider audience.

Can't find the game on TV, and then I see it's on Peacock only. Hope the Chiefs win. Can't be bothered with Peacock, can't do multiview of flip channels when bored. @NickRU714 - what you got for me as I scream get off my lawn? 😂

Why won't these companies make it easier for me to leave their content and watch a competitor???
This is unacceptable!

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

The irony of the Taylor Swift hate is especially ironic when people trip over themselves talking about celebrities attending Rutgers games (James Gandolfini for example).
I’m Italian, I’m from Jersey, so naturally, I like Gandolfini

But if they showed him 74 times during the broadcast of a game I was watching, I would get pissed off pretty quickly

I’m against showing family members or famous people over and over during a game. It happened with the Giants for a few games as well. Just show the game and replays.
I’m also against interviewing coaches during the game.

I have no issue with Taylor Swift and the hate shouldn’t be directed at her.

I get it. Hate the game, not the players. From everything I have read on her, and in particular, Bruce Springsteen told a story when he brought his daughter backstage at a TS concert because his daughter wanted to meet her, she was very gracious and nice. Well of course she would be, it's Bruce Springsteen, but that point aside, from what I have read, she seems like she does a lot of good with her celebrity.
And I get the broadcasters and the NFL trying to broaden their exposure to a wider audience.

Read this earlier today.

Reactions: RU205
Is it a coincidence that Kelsey has a ridiculously high number of drops this year?

Oh… he fell off a cliff and took my fantasy teams with him.

But I’m sure part of that could be attributed to the fact that he’s the only pass catching threat on the team.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138

She's pretty down to earth and keeps the same normie friends for years.
She has said the insults hurt and any celeb that says otherwise is lying.
She said a lot of artists begin because they are seeking recognition, approval etc.
So she's pretty thoughtful and not lost between her ears (aside from NYC indoctrination which she admits got to her,)

I don't mind seeing her at all because she never looks all inked/pierced and dressed like a dog's dinner.
She's a throwback to elegant celebs
BUT a lot of people (including me) find the Kelce/Swift thing a little fake.
The whole "Kelce tried to get to see her at her show but wasn't allowed" thing was pretty thin.

Then the "relationship" becomes public just as Kelce starts doing Pfizer ads that claim "Be Like Travis!"
Since then I've seen many posed pics of Swift kissing the meathead from the side (posed) on his cheek.
Swift is 10x smarter than meathead but she's glad he's taller because she's self conscious about her stretch.
Its a con imo.

Last edited:
Tennis is worse than football for showing the family members and significant others.

Anyway, my daughter is a Taylor Swift fan. For Chirstmas 2022, I bought her the latest Taylor Swift CD so we could listen to it in my car. I was shocked when the CD had a PARENTAL ADVISORY EXPLICIT CONTENT warning on it.

I can confirm Taylor Swift is not a 1990s-style gangsta rapper, just some bad words are edited out in the radio versions of her songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT