ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nashville recco's

Robert’s Western World on Broadway…get a fried Bologna sandwich and a PBR while listening to traditional Country & Western Music…thank me later lol…the place was always a little under the radar even though it’s on Broadway but It is so hip right now even Post Malone showed up recently…

If you like speakeasies, there’s one in the basement of the Noelle hotel, just off the main strip. It’s pretty cool.
If you like blues, Bourbon Street Blues is really cool as well. There’s obviously 1 million places you can find good music, but that was a nice find when I was there. The grand old Opry was an excellent time as well. Enjoy!

Broadway is pure tourism so to get a little away try the area called the Gulch and specifically a bar called The Station. Great legit musicians. We walked in one night (seats maybe 100?) and saw an incredible show that it turned out included more than one Grammy winner. The guy sitting next to us at our picnic table had toured with Glen Campbell. Seems to be a place where the local studio musicians hang out. It was a great memorable night and we’re not even country fans.

We did the Bon Jovi bar, then the Kid Rock Bar. Both were touristy in nature, KR's was solid though. The band played a great version of "Livin on a Prayer" which was great.

Hit another bar with a 4 levels and a rooftop, great scene with a smaller crowd and a good band.

Got some late night hot chicken which was awesome.

Tons of VT fans in town. They definitely feel like they have a squad this year. My VT buddy is thinking playoffs.
Naturally, I told him we got something cookin' for them when we head down to Blacksburg the weekend of 9/20 !!

If you are into yoga, Rutgers sports people suggest Shakti Power Yoga. Walking distance from Vandy campus.

Skulls rainbow room. It is the antithesis of the places you mentioned on Broadway. Also go to santas if you want a good dive experience.

Doesn’t @RUaMoose live down that way now? He can let you know where all the best hookers and blow joints are, maybe the address of a couple opium dens - put you right on the Opium Trail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT