ADVERTISEMENT

OT: National Bourbon Day

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What's everyone sipping on today? I'm bringing the heat with 1792 Ridgemont Reserve Small Batch, before I go for the smooth with Evan Williams Single Barrel and McKenna 10.

What's everyone sipping on today? I'm bringing the heat with 1792 Ridgemont Reserve Small Batch, before I go for the smooth with Evan Williams Single Barrel and McKenna 10.

I'm counter-flowing. The wife bought me a Dalwhinnie 15 for our anniversary, so I'll be celebrating National Bourbon Day with a fine single malt.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I'm counter-flowing. The wife bought me a Dalwhinnie 15 for our anniversary, so I'll be celebrating National Bourbon Day with a fine single malt.

Good choice!
ThumbsUpSmiley.gif

I'm dabbling with Islay, love that smoky peat flavor. Ardbeg is what I was drinking most recently.

Lagavulin, FTW. :)

And, of course, if you're really looking to get crazy, there's nothing in the world like Laphroaig. The nose on it is super intense.

A little harder to find, but I like Bruichladdich a lot, too.

So hard to find Blantons anymore.
I think it is my fault as I have been recommending it for 25 years. Should have kept my mouth shut.
However, I do have an American Pharoah Commemorative bottle of Makers Mark. Now the Justify won the Triple Crown time to crack open that bottle.

So hard to find Blantons anymore.
I think it is my fault as I have been recommending it for 25 years. Should have kept my mouth shut.
However, I do have an American Pharoah Commemorative bottle of Makers Mark. Now the Justify won the Triple Crown time to crack open that bottle.
Blanton's is outstanding, well worth the $55 or so. I'm looking out for Elijah Craig Barrel Strength.

I am gonna head to my local Bistro and have some Macallan.

And yes, @Caliknight, I might even bring my iPad along with me. [winking]

A bit of Larceny tonight in honor of the booze that stole our hearts...

i'm going Glengoolie. maybe follow it up with some Zafiro tequila.

Makers Mark Manhattan will be made soon to enjoy with the US Open. Usually only imbibe S-F, but what the hell.

I like Bourbons and Scotchs but generally don't buy them. What are some picks for good reasonably priced (under $50) bourbons?

Enjoyed a recent tour of the St. Augustine Distillery. The samples were outstanding. $$$$

Blanton's is outstanding, well worth the $55 or so. I'm looking out for Elijah Craig Barrel Strength.

I'm finding it more likely now to find Blantons at 70 than 55...

At that price point I usually pass.

I actually found Blanton's and McCallum 25 here in Panama. I have to have a Blanton.

I like Bourbons and Scotchs but generally don't buy them. What are some picks for good reasonably priced (under $50) bourbons?
Mildone is correct...Eagle Rare is a fantastic bang for your buck bourbon. I'd also recommend my suggestions earlier, Evan Williams Single Barrel and McKenna 10.

Isaac Bowman port barrel finish. Was a gift. Just opened and can't decide how much I like it yet.

Will probably cap off with a Blantons.

Enjoyed a recent tour of the St. Augustine Distillery. The samples were outstanding. $$$$
I was there a couple yrs ago and at the time they were so new the good stuff was still in barrels... i think we only sampled the vodka.

A friend gave me a snort of Clyde May' s bourbon from Alabama last night. Loved it and rocked my socks!

I'm not even a bourbon guy - scotch is so much more fulfilling to me, and prefer Irish whiskey way more than bourbon typically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT