ADVERTISEMENT

OT: National Bourbon Day

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Today is National Bourbon Day, what is everyone pouring? I had a pour of Jefferson's Ocean and now am imbibing on my go to pour: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
Just about anything from Kentucky...on my way to Texas stopped in Louisville and dammit it was bourbon heaven!

Reactions: bigmatt718
Buffalo Trace to start and will work my way up the collection through all the Pappy Van Winkle.

That's the one thing I love about bourbon. There are so many gems you can find for under $50. Eagle Rare is a go to of mine and it's rarely more than $35.

The genetics are interesting, as well. For example, the Eagle Rare that we both love is twice-aged Buffalo Trace. And the great Basil Hayden? "Older Granddad".

Makers Mark Old Fashion. Lately loving the muddled fruit. I'm getting old, lol.

Listening to Willie Nelson sing 'Angels Flying too close to the ground'.

My wife makes a cocktail for me during the summer that you would love. Bourbon, lemonade, agave syrup, muddled strawberries and basil. It's super awesome.
I've done a strawberry basil martini (vodka). They pair very nicely. I'll have to give yours a try, although my first thought was too sweet with the lemonade + agave syrup. I may go sans syrup.

Making a Bourbon Old Fashioned in about 1 minute as I get ready to watch the US Open after watching Carli Lloyd score 2 (should have had 3) in a USA win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT