ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nets (not Mets) Blockbuster

LOL

Poor Mike is once again wrong.

Nets? huh? what!
mike-francesa-falls-asleep.gif

The Sports Docta!....................... more like the sports bed pan changer.

Dolan has mad Ne York/New York not so wonderful of a town for Knick Basketball fans.

With who Brooklyn just picked up and the excitement Net fans are feeling now, the Old Brooklyn Bums saying of: "wait till next year" has some meaning if the Nets don't take it all this season with Jordan & Irving.
"Next year" means Durant is playing and those 3 are the type of players that makes Championships .

That said: The Phoenix Suns picked up Rubio
(yea :chairshot:)
I thought they'd go after D’Angelo Russell once Kyrie moved to Brooklyn .
The Suns are like the Knicks, only on a smaller stage

Phoenix's owner Sarver and Dolan have made pro basketball in their towns something to complain about and have good reason to.

As a diehard Nets fan I am thrilled with this. It could still go wrong of course but it is well worth the risk.
I was a fan until they left Jersey. Then they were basically a decommit in my book (of course, I left Jersey myself, so maybe I shouldn't complain).

I can certainly see why Nets fans are hopeful and excited. It could come together for them. But I think Kyrie is just bad chemistry. Hope KD makes a successful comeback. If I had to bet, I'd say they aren't getting past the semis with this team, but hell, that's a lot better than where they were a few years ago when they made the disastrous "the future is now" trade.

It’s funny watching the knickerbockers crater and proceed to pull out the jackhammer!

They pass on the bright lights of Manhattan for the worst atmosphere in the NBA: Barclays

That is a statement against Dolan

I doubt Durant comes back to normal in 2020/2021.
The new normal for Durant may be 70% of what he was big gamble by the Nets. What a shame Durants always been my favorite player since Ok City days and I'm a die hard....was a die hard Nets fan since the RAC days but refuse to watch them since they left NJ

The way Dolan handled the Oakley situation why would anyone want to come to the Knicks when you have other choices. Richie Rich(Dad's money) Dolan strikes again.

The new normal for Durant may be 70% of what he was big gamble by the Nets. What a shame Durants always been my favorite player since Ok City days and I'm a die hard....was a die hard Nets fan since the RAC days but refuse to watch them since they left NJ
Not really that big of a gamble honestly. Only a four year contract. What was the alternative? Getting Tobias Harris? We weren’t winning a title going that direction. He may be 70%. That would suck. He doesn’t rely on his leaping ability though. He is a lethal shooter. If he gets to 90% we are title contenders. There is as good of a chance he gets to 90 as he goes to 70. Worse case scenario is we reboot in 3 years. Big deal.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Not really that big of a gamble honestly. Only a four year contract. What was the alternative? Getting Tobias Harris? We weren’t winning a title going that direction. He may be 70%. That would suck. He doesn’t rely on his leaping ability though. He is a lethal shooter. If he gets to 90% we are title contenders. There is as good of a chance he gets to 90 as he goes to 70. Worse case scenario is we reboot in 3 years. Big deal.

I read in the Post that Durant is not expected to play in 19-20? That tempers my enthusiasm for the Nets deal. Not a fan of Kyrie Irving and his volume shooting stats in the playoff for the Celtics.

From NY Post:

“Durant? We’ve talked about little else for weeks. He will sit out next year. He will be 32 when he comes back. There is absolutely no telling how good a player he will be when he comes back, and that is a gamble that an already-established team like the Nets could afford to take far more than the Knicks …”

I read in the Post that Durant is not expected to play in 19-20? That tempers my enthusiasm for the Nets deal. Not a fan of Kyrie Irving and his volume shooting stats in the playoff for the Celtics.

From NY Post:

“Durant? We’ve talked about little else for weeks. He will sit out next year. He will be 32 when he comes back. There is absolutely no telling how good a player he will be when he comes back, and that is a gamble that an already-established team like the Nets could afford to take far more than the Knicks …”
Look, Cousins just came back from it. The surgery is WAY better now than it used to be. There is also a chance he comes back towards the end of next regular season. The average between games for guys with this injury is 240 days and that is using numbers going back to the 90's when the surgery wasn't as good as today.

Kenny Atkinson is a genius when it comes to PG"s. If you look at the stats of the PG's he has coached (and these players were not name guys before he got them) it is astounding. They all had career years under him. Nothing is a given, of course, but I think the chances are better that we will be competing for championships the in years 2-4 than not. I have TOTAL confidence in Marks and Atkinson. They are as good as it gets.

Reactions: RU_Planning
I think it's a good gamble for the Nets because, what else were they going to do? They were a joke after "the future is now" trade. Now they're just riverboat gamblers. Much better status.

Prior to yesterday, the Nets biggest free agent signings were Travis Outlaw and Armon Gilliam. They’ve come a long way and like it or not, relocating played a role in their ability to do this.

164 mil on a player sitting out a yr with no guarantee he comes back healthy at all.. Cousins same think and he cant jump 3 inches and relies and finger rolls

Shocking that a basketball team in NYC that made the playoffs (Nets) has the lowest attendance in the NBA. The lowest!!! Even lower than the Cavs and Suns. This is in NYC none the less, the mecca of basketball. Nets are like the Islanders for New York sports fan. Does not matter how good they are, they will always be second.

Shocking that a basketball team in NYC that made the playoffs (Nets) has the lowest attendance in the NBA. The lowest!!! Even lower than the Cavs and Suns. This is in NYC none the less, the mecca of basketball. Nets are like the Islanders for New York sports fan. Does not matter how good they are, they will always be second.
The team was dreadful for 3 straight seasons, once they turned it around the attendance picked up and they finished the season selling out their final 7 home games and their playoff games.

Now with legit superstars on the roster, they will sell out nightly, but even with nightly sell outs they will still be middle of the pack in attendance because the arena only holds 17,500.

Basketball is a star driven league. If RJ Barrett isn’t the next elite superstar, the Knicks will be completely ignored other than to continue to bash Dolan.

Blah blah blah. They will win a title if Durant comes back even close to what he was. Kyrie is amazing. Because he is the first superstar to have mood swings. Ohhhhh.

He wasn't so amazing for my C's against the Bucks. :cry:

Blah blah blah. They will win a title if Durant comes back even close to what he was. Kyrie is amazing. Because he is the first superstar to have mood swings. Ohhhhh.
Do people forget Jason Kidd’s track record prior to the Nets?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT