Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
EDIT- Full Album

EDIT: Second Single Released May 16:

----------------------
Curious on thoughts on the single.
Don't really care if you don't like Bruce Springsteen because of his politics.

I have given up hope of Bruce releasing a rocking album like Darkness on the Edge of Town. Gave this single a few listens, and so far, liking it.

New single, Hello Sunshine:

Had enough of heartbreak and pain
I had a little sweet spot for the rain
For the rain and skies of gray
Hello sunshine, won't you stay

You know I always liked my walking shoes
But you can get a little too fond of the blues
You walk too far, you walk away

You know I always loved a lonely town
Those empty streets, no one around
You fall in love with lonely, you end up that way

You know I always liked that empty road
No place to be and miles to go
But miles to go is miles away
Hello sunshine, won't you stay And miles to go is miles away
Hello sunshine

http://brucespringsteen.net/

Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. The album was recorded primarily at Springsteen’s home studio in New Jersey, with additional recording in California and New York. Columbia Records will release Springsteen’s 19th studio album on June 14. ‘Western Stars’ will be available for pre-order on Friday, April 26.
“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements," says Springsteen. "It's a jewel box of a record."
The 13 tracks of ‘Western Stars’ encompass a sweeping range of American themes, of highways and desert spaces, of isolation and community and the permanence of home and hope.
The song "Hello Sunshine" and a video will be released just after midnight ET tonight.
Ron Aniello produced the album with Springsteen and plays bass, keyboard, and other instruments. Patti Scialfa provides vocals and contributes vocal arrangements on four tracks. The musical arrangements include strings, horns, pedal steel and contributions from more than 20 other players including Jon Brion (who plays celeste, Moog, and farfisa), as well as guest appearances by David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, and Soozie Tyrell. The album was mixed by Tom Elmhirst.

Western Stars’ Song Titles
1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
6. Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
9. Somewhere North of Nashville
10. Stones
11. There Goes My Miracle
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel

Last edited:
Reactions: bossnj1
Eh... sounds like good background music for riding a horse across the desert in a movie.
Well, for those that don't like him, the album cover is of a horse's ass, whereas most of his album covers are of his face . . . .:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But to your point, he is going for the Western flair, it says so in his press release. Not my preference, but I do like the lyrics.

A new Springsteen album? Did Roy Bittan help on this one?
If not it will be like almost all of his solo work.

SG-Snoring-Is-No-Laughing-Matter-RM-722x406.jpg

I have given up hope of Bruce releasing a rocking album like Darkness on the Edge of Town. Gave this single a few listens, and so far, liking it.

Hello sunshine

Bruce Springsteen’s first new studio album in five years takes his music to a new place, drawing inspiration in part from the Southern California pop records of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. The album was recorded primarily at Springsteen’s home studio in New Jersey, with additional recording in California and New York. Columbia Records will release Springsteen’s 19th studio album on June 14. ‘Western Stars’ will be available for pre-order on Friday, April 26.
“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements," says Springsteen. "It's a jewel box of a record."
The 13 tracks of ‘Western Stars’ encompass a sweeping range of American themes, of highways and desert spaces, of isolation and community and the permanence of home and hope.
The song "Hello Sunshine" and a video will be released just after midnight ET tonight.
Ron Aniello produced the album with Springsteen and plays bass, keyboard, and other instruments. Patti Scialfa provides vocals and contributes vocal arrangements on four tracks. The musical arrangements include strings, horns, pedal steel and contributions from more than 20 other players including Jon Brion (who plays celeste, Moog, and farfisa), as well as guest appearances by David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, and Soozie Tyrell. The album was mixed by Tom Elmhirst.

1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
10. Stones
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel
Its horrible....Roy Rogers!!

Hello sunshine

1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
10. Stones
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel

Ill pass but i am super excited that the last Cranberries cd In The End drops today and i would put this one up with their first 2 cds..its that good

All this time I thought Roy Rogers died...just reincarnated. The Heaven Can Wait of singers they should make a movie

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well, they always say, "write what you know" and if there's anything Bruce knows, it's cowboys.

Oh, wait...

Yeah. This is gonna suck.

Bruce is now from Western Monmouth County. Doesn’t that give him license to make a Western album?

Yeah, me neither. Agree that it will probably suck.

That's the single, wow cant wait for the rest if that's the best. Pass

I don't mind it. What do people expect? If you don't mellow out in your later years, then there's something wrong.

Reactions: tomatocan
Glenn Campbell is rolling over in his grave. The lawyers of his estate are typing up the complaint . . .although the tune was written by Fred Neil.

Last edited:
I'm more Aerosmith, Journey, Boston, Kansas, Eagles, Styx. REO Speedwagon, and Foreigner. Never liked Bruce and it's not political.
Love each one of the bands you listed, except for REO, which is OK to me, but in small doses. I'm in Arizona at the moment and the "greatest hits" station has Kansas and the Eagles on about 5 times a day.
Forgot how hard Carry on My Wayward Son rocked. Great tune, among many by the band. There is a story/documentary about them on AXS TV now that is very good.

Ill pass but i am super excited that the last Cranberries cd In The End drops today and i would put this one up with their first 2 cds..its that good
Sorry to crash the thread..oh really? What about the lead singer??? I'll have to check it out...thx

Sorry to crash the thread..oh really? What about the lead singer??? I'll have to check it out...thx

Shes dead but she had demos ready for new release before she died. This isnt a cobbled together posthumous effort. It rivals theircearlier work. The songs are stunningly prophetic and full of emotion. If you like classic Cranberries sound you will love this...hints of The Cure, New Order, and Roy Orbison influences as well

Reactions: Jm0513
Well, for those that don't like him, the album cover is of a horse's ass, whereas most of his album covers are of his face . . . .:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But to your point, he is going for the Western flair, it says so in his press release. Not my preference, but I do like the lyrics.

Fitting for the artist.

Been getting back into all of them except REO - Barf at REO.
REO was good in the 70's, but starting with Hi Infidelity they became the poster children for soft rock. And since those were their highest ranking hits, that's what gets played on corporate rock radio stations nowadays.

All i can think of listening to this song is the geico comnercial with the guy riding off into the sunset on horseback into THE END. Who said words dont hurt

Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

I'm more Aerosmith, Journey, Boston, Kansas, Eagles, Styx. REO Speedwagon, and Foreigner. Never liked Bruce and it's not political.

Sorry, not a fan of any of these bands, except for the Eagles and some Aerosmith (I love Bruce, though). IMO, the best things these bands did was inspired punk rock. I'm guessing we shouldn't go on a long trip together in the car, lol...

Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Not a Huey Lewis fan, but obviously a ton of people were. I have a hard time imagining anyone agreeing, however, that Huey was more bitter/cynical than Elvis, who kind of owns the patent on that.

Here's the first part of the clip from SNL, where Elvis was supposed to play "Less Than Zero," but only plays the first few bars and switches over to a snarling version of the incendiary (at the time) "Radio, Radio," which Lorne Michaels had forbidden them to play, given the shots it takes at Corporate Radio.

The fact that Lorne Michaels glared at Elvis the whole time, giving him the finger, just off stage and Elvis, despite his success, was banned from SNL for 12 years - and the fact that the whole SNL clip still isn't even available 40+ years later says all you need to know about Elvis owning bitter and cynical. That moment was as punk rock as it gets (even though many didn't include Elvis as a punk rocker).

Hello sunshine

1. Hitch Hikin’
2. The Wayfarer
3. Tucson Train
4. Western Stars
5. Sleepy Joe’s Café
7. Chasin’ Wild Horses
8. Sundown
10. Stones
12. Hello Sunshine
13. Moonlight Motel
Huge Bruce fan for decades (hence my handle) but this doesn’t do it for me. As always, strong lyrics but not into the steel guitar twang. Hopefully the rest of the songs pick it up a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT