ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Springsteen Album Out Today

Like the song! Lyrics so far so good!
Bob Segar “Against The Wind” like cover. Fingers crossed.

Since they've both been referenced in this thread, a plug for one of my favorite bands, The Hold Steady, often described as Bruce meets Elvis Costello. I think this song makes the case:

I like Bruce but do not like this song.

I would say probably 95% of rock music, 95% of people like the earlier stuff.

I am younger than most of you and even rock music more geared towards my generation- Incubus, Chili Peppers, Killers, 311, and even Linkin Park before Chester passed- half the Facebook comments are why does the music sound different, go back to the earlier sound, play only old songs in concerts...and honestly I even feel this way sometimes when a band leaves out an old favorite I love live.

I saw Bon Jovi live in Asbury a few years ago and you can tell everyone, from kids to the older folks, got more amped for the classics.

A true Jersey guy.. Bruce probably wanted to buy an expensive horse for his family.. so we wrote a song and album in a way he could expense the purchase of that horse and declare his estate as a horse farm for tax purposes. That's the Jersey way.

Reactions: Knightmoves
You going to the show May 16th at White Eagle Hall in Jersey City? I'll be there.

I wish. Unfortunately, I'm traveling that week for work. I've seen them a bunch of times, most recently last summer in Asbury Park. Enjoy!

How times have changed. Bruce putting out a cowboy themed album, then again isn't his daughter a big equestrian star, relatively speaking?

Consider this, the last time Bruce released an album, measles weren't a thing
Yeah but Bruce and Patti sued because Dook smartie daughter Jessica couldnt ride the $800,000 horse she bought. Looking forward to the new CD I dont have to spend $650 on. Hope he waits to tour though-when I have a bit more money.

Ah the June release brings me back to June 4, 1984 when I first started a summer job at J&J that AM and in orientation was the hottest girl in the class before me at Cook (S.L.) whom I had in hand of course until (my luck) later that summer when I bought tickets for her beloved Billy Joel and was going to ask her out two days later on Monday. Made the bad mistake of waiting until that day instead of 3 days before on Friday as Monday she was gone from her job as her Mom was sick out of state. Story of my life wound up going with my childhood friend (Dad a big pharma alum) and 3 friends-and hitting a dirty 42nd street afterwards. When i got backto school that fall I was in her apartment and she wouldnt even say hello. Go figure-she did have a friend (a good friend of my friend from Bwater) who was a c*nt and i think she cblocked me.

Later that June 4th went to Menlo park Mall to buy some work clothes-and the album. When I turned on the TAPE and hear "Born In The USA" for the first time I knew things inBrucedom would never be the same.

Last edited:
Did anyone go to the Asbury park Music and Film Festival? I wanted to go but didn't have the money. Thought Bruce might show and sure enough he did-I believe an intimate period of answering questions-and it didn't cost $650 plus!

Like "The Hold Steady". Saw a number of years ago w Piscataway Mike at a Stone Pony benefit show. Great live but a lot of their songs sound the same and seemed thematically the same-and a bit childish for the lead singer who was then in his 40s or 50s. The added a "fan-based?" horns section that night that Piscataway Mike and I liked. The keyboardist Franz made the band but he left. Did he ever come back?

Yeah but Bruce and Patti sued because Dook smartie daughter Jessica couldnt ride the $800,000 horse she bought. Looking forward to the new CD I dont have to spend $650 on. Hope he waits to tour though-when I have a bit more money.

Ah the June release brings me back to June 4, 1984 when I first started a summer job at J&J that AM and in orientation was the hottest girl in the class before me at Cook (S.L.) whom I had in hand of course until (my luck) later that summer when I bought tickets for her beloved Billy Joel and was going to ask her out two days later on Monday. Made the bad mistake of waiting until that day instead of 3 days before on Friday as Monday she was gone from her job as her Mom was sick out of state. Story of my life wound up going with my childhood friend (Dad a big pharma alum) and 3 friends-and hitting a dirty 42nd street afterwards. When i got backto school that fall I was in her apartment and she wouldnt even say hello. Go figure-she did have a friend (a good friend of my friend from Bwater) who was a c*nt and i think she cblocked me.

Later that June 4th went to Menlo park Mall to buy some work clothes-and the album. When I turned on the TAPE and hear "Born In The USA" for the first time I knew things inBrucedom would never be the same.

dafuq...

Well, they always say, "write what you know" and if there's anything Bruce knows, it's cowboys.

Oh, wait...

Yeah. This is gonna suck.
SPRINGSTEEN_WS_photo2-700x1050.jpg

1) Someone mentioned the Springsteens buying horses
2) Daughter Jessica (a Dook grad) is a close to world class? rider who I believe had Olympics goals. (Ditto ex- Mayor Bloombergs daughter Georgiana who I believe was a better rider).
3) Top horses for such competition are paramount
4) Bruce and Patti Springsteen paid $800,000ish for a top horse for Jessica.
5) The $800,000 horse could not or refused to perform the top manuevers needed (supposedly billed as advertised).
6) Mr and Mrs Springsteen sued-and I believe got their money back-or settled.
7) When I think of June re Bruce I think of the June 4, 1984 release day of Born In The USA Today-the same day I started a job at J&J (Ortho Pharmaceutical) and met the hottest girl (pre med, 4.0ish, OBGYM today) in the class before me at Cook. See story (I mentioned her exact name here before years ago and surprisingly many remember her-also as soon as I mentioned her a pic of her disappeared off the internet).

1 good album, Tracks is decent but other than that, he sucks. Needs to hang up his pic

I went to school with kids from Freehold, Manalapan and Marlboro from 72-76. That twang in kids from that area was not unusual at the time.

I find this especially true of second/third generation Freehold Boro people.

My friend has lived there his whole life except for a stint in the military. He has the same accent as Bruce - right down to the pronunciation of St. Rose of Lima - Saint Rosa Lime-a.

I find this especially true of second/third generation Freehold Boro people.

My friend has lived there his whole life except for a stint in the military. He has the same accent as Bruce - right down to the pronunciation of St. Rose of Lima - Saint Rosa Lime-a.

Omigod... It's literally *THE* way you can tell the MonCo natives from the BENNY immigrants. And the best part about it is that it's jusssssst subtle enough to not be obvious to said NewYorkersWhoNeedToGoBackTheFukWhereTheyCameFrom.

• Haha
Reactions: Scarlet1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT