ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Kreider has played so many playoff games he’s prone to take plays off. He’s still phenomenal though

Can you explain this other cap penalty you are talking about that 10 teams are going to get?
It is for overages this year, mostly for bonuses reached. So the NHL is enforcing this cap "penalty", but NOT doing anything to the biggest offender.

Not I believe if a small market/ Canadian team like Winnipeg tried what Vegas has done 3 straight times, Bettman and Company would put a stop to this immediately the first time. My team has experience with justice LOL on a sliding scale, as we have had a cap penalty for signing our own player for 12 years, even though he retired. Now look at what other team's like the Flyers were allowed to do with no penalty at that time. Life is not fair but these things are ridiculous IMO.

I guess it's true, if you are going to steal, steal BIG. Don't knock off a store, get into finance and steal billions!

It is for overages this year, mostly for bonuses reached. So the NHL is enforcing this cap "penalty", but NOT doing anything to the biggest offender.

Not I believe if a small market/ Canadian team like Winnipeg tried what Vegas has done 3 straight times, Bettman and Company would put a stop to this immediately the first time. My team has experience with justice LOL on a sliding scale, as we have had a cap penalty for signing our own player for 12 years, even though he retired. Now look at what other team's like the Flyers were allowed to do with no penalty at that time. Life is not fair but these things are ridiculous IMO.

I guess it's true, if you are going to steal, steal BIG. Don't knock off a store, get into finance and steal billions!
I thought that might be what you are referring to, because it happened to the Rangers several years ago as well.

I don’t really think you can compare that to the LTIR loophole.

Teams deferring bonuses to the following year’s cap, and going up against the cap in the present year, are aware they will be penalized if too many of those bonuses are met. That’s the rule.

On the other hand, the LTIR rule is that there is no penalty for doing what Tampa and Vegas have done (and what the Rangers will have done if Chytil plays in the playoffs).

It’s not inconsistency in punishment, it is a loophole in the rules that some teams are taking advantage of.

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT