ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Kreider has played so many playoff games he’s prone to take plays off. He’s still phenomenal though

Can you explain this other cap penalty you are talking about that 10 teams are going to get?
It is for overages this year, mostly for bonuses reached. So the NHL is enforcing this cap "penalty", but NOT doing anything to the biggest offender.

Not I believe if a small market/ Canadian team like Winnipeg tried what Vegas has done 3 straight times, Bettman and Company would put a stop to this immediately the first time. My team has experience with justice LOL on a sliding scale, as we have had a cap penalty for signing our own player for 12 years, even though he retired. Now look at what other team's like the Flyers were allowed to do with no penalty at that time. Life is not fair but these things are ridiculous IMO.

I guess it's true, if you are going to steal, steal BIG. Don't knock off a store, get into finance and steal billions!

It is for overages this year, mostly for bonuses reached. So the NHL is enforcing this cap "penalty", but NOT doing anything to the biggest offender.

Not I believe if a small market/ Canadian team like Winnipeg tried what Vegas has done 3 straight times, Bettman and Company would put a stop to this immediately the first time. My team has experience with justice LOL on a sliding scale, as we have had a cap penalty for signing our own player for 12 years, even though he retired. Now look at what other team's like the Flyers were allowed to do with no penalty at that time. Life is not fair but these things are ridiculous IMO.

I guess it's true, if you are going to steal, steal BIG. Don't knock off a store, get into finance and steal billions!
I thought that might be what you are referring to, because it happened to the Rangers several years ago as well.

I don’t really think you can compare that to the LTIR loophole.

Teams deferring bonuses to the following year’s cap, and going up against the cap in the present year, are aware they will be penalized if too many of those bonuses are met. That’s the rule.

On the other hand, the LTIR rule is that there is no penalty for doing what Tampa and Vegas have done (and what the Rangers will have done if Chytil plays in the playoffs).

It’s not inconsistency in punishment, it is a loophole in the rules that some teams are taking advantage of.

Reactions: TM94goRU
The men with the eyeshades have made the Rangers only a -110 favorite at home.
Evidently,the way that the Hurricanes blew through the Islanders made quite an impression.

No lead will be safe in this series. Carolina will never go away quietly. Way too much turtling from the Rangers in the third.

Still, a great start. Zibanejad was great, Kreider seems to have realized he has a big body that can mess with people, Trochek is the Swiss Army knife, Laf is flying, and Panarin came up with a big goal. Obviously specials were a huge advantage today.

No lead will be safe in this series. Carolina will never go away quietly. Way too much turtling from the Rangers in the third.

Still, a great start. Zibanejad was great, Kreider seems to have realized he has a big body that can mess with people, Trochek is the Swiss Army knife, Laf is flying, and Panarin came up with a big goal. Obviously specials were a huge advantage today.
Freddy Anderson is not still in Toronto because of his propensity to give up a soft goal at a key time in a big game, He lived up to that on the Panarin goal, hopefully it continues.

Reactions: RUpop
Freddy Anderson is not still in Toronto because of his propensity to give up a soft goal at a key time in a big game, He lived up to that on the Panarin goal, hopefully it continues.
True that was a softy. And I said as much about their suspect goalies at the beginning of the POs. But like a third of the goals CAR scored so far have been like the flukey first one last night. There were a couple against NYI you wouldn’t see in 100 games. Hockey is gonna hockey. It is their MO though - take a million shots and some are bound to sneak in. So, that evens things out a bit. I’d be surprised if this didn’t go seven.

Watch the tape Rangers staff😊
Many of those high handoffs by Carolina just inside our blue line can go the other way fast if we’re just a hair more aggressive.

Watch the tape Rangers staff😊
Many of those high handoffs by Carolina just inside our blue line can go the other way fast if we’re just a hair more aggressive.

Agree. Heck of a spot to be making those passes. Jump a few of those and it pays off.

Reactions: zappaa
Game tied at 3, Rangers on the PP with the 3rd period winding down, and ESPN cuts out for 10 seconds or so to show the Dallas arena a couple minutes before puck drop for their game against the Avs? Are you kidding me ESPN?

Rangers/Canes headed to OT.

Igor stood on his head. Vinnie Game winner. What a great team victory.

Whatta game by Igor !

Carolina goalie very shaky !

Carolina uniforms remind me of old CCCP uniforms!. Ugh.

Rangers going to the Cup ! I said it !

Can’t see anyone in East beating them in 7 game series.

Whatta game by Igor !

Carolina goalie very shaky !

Carolina uniforms remind me of old CCCP uniforms!. Ugh.

Rangers going to the Cup ! I said it !

Can’t see anyone in East beating them in 7 game series.
Good game for the Rangers tonight. They normally lose in playoff OT.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
No reason to bring anything about the Devs into this thread….not necessary. Go Rangers!

Unreal game. Trocheck is what devils fans wish nico would be

They're both very similar players with very similar stats. Actually Nico's career ppg is better than Trocheck's, though not by much. Nico also plays a bit better defensively. We're happy the way Nico is...dont really wish he was any other player.

BTW, not sure why you're thinking about Devils fans after probably the Rangers biggest win in years....weird.

They're both very similar players with very similar stats. Actually Nico's career ppg is better than Trocheck's, though not by much. Nico also plays a bit better defensively. We're happy the way Nico is...dont really wish he was any other player.

BTW, not sure why you're thinking about Devils fans after probably the Rangers biggest win in years....weird.
my friends whos a devs fan said it to me. I get it. Nico is a very blehhh player. Plays a 200 foot game but is incredibly soft

my friends whos a devs fan said it to me. I get it. Nico is a very blehhh player. Plays a 200 foot game but is incredibly soft
No one gives a shit. It's bad enough trying to have productive hockey threads here so just stop.

Rempe being dressed is a waste. If Chytil comes back you play him on flank of 3rd line and move Kakko to Rempe's spot.
I was about to say the same thing. Love Rempe, but he’s getting minimal minutes and only in the first & second peiords. I’m not sure he’s been on the ice in the 3rd period all playoffs. Factor in OT games like last night and it’s taxing for the top line guys. Look at last night: in a 2OT game, Rempe’s TOI was 4:03….and you have a guy like Trocheck at 35:21.

I like what Rempe has brought to the team this year, but him being dressed needs to be questioned. His toughness is his value, but he’s getting called for penalties anytime he looks at a guy the wrong way so that’s negated.

If Chytil is ready, I agree you put him on the 3rd line and move Kakko down.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT