ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

I know this is far from the only issue the Rangers have right now, but is it somehow against the rules for anyone in the media to bring up that Fox has disappeared in these playoffs, even when the team started 7-0 (0 goals, 4 assists in 9 games)?
Plays at a snail’s pace compared to Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes.

He would benefit greatly if our forwards weren’t skating backwards and retreating all game long.

It's hard to envision them winning the series
The Rangers? Seriously? Devils fan here, and in my humble opinion the Rangers were outplayed in all except the first game in the series. But yet here they are up 3-2, and the plain cold hard fact is that Carolina winning 4 straight is just really unlikely. Shesterkin just needs to steal one more game. Odds are he will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mufasa94
The Rangers? Seriously? Devils fan here, and in my humble opinion the Rangers were outplayed in all except the first game in the series. But yet here they are up 3-2, and the plain cold hard fact is that Caroline winning 4 straight is just really unlikely. Shesterkin just needs to steal one more game. Odds are he will.
We all said that in the Devils series last year up 2-0 and going home.
Time and space battle ultimately wins out, we are getting our asses kicked in that area.
I can all but guarantee you “Opportunistic Rangers win” wil not be a headline.

The only headline can be “Rangers dominate Hurricanes”

I don’t see that happening

Time and space battle ultimately wins out, we are getting our asses kicked in that area.

I was a foolish enough fan to be surprised how flat they were last night, because they actually showed some backbone after a horrible 1st period in Game 4 and could easily have won that game.

Anyone who isn’t worried about the Rangers after how they looked last night has blocked out their memories of how the Devils (and Tampa Bay the year before that) series went down.

Plays at a snail’s pace compared to Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes.

He would benefit greatly if our forwards weren’t skating backwards and retreating all game long.
He always plays slow compared to those two even when he is at his best and his hockey IQ overcomes that.

He has been a non-entity on the offensive end and that is having a big impact.

Panarin should be embarrassed watching how hard Lafreniere is competing on the other wing while he cruises around giving a half effort.

You are putting me in the very awkward position of defending the Rangers....which...I will not do. I'll just say...yes, Carolina has looked like the slightly better team this series. EXCEPT that goalies matter. I coach a lot of hockey and I've been on the losing side of a lot of games that we dominated possession time, zone time, shots, you name it. The Rangers just need one more solid goaltending effort and one more puck bounce and they move on. Whether or not they should WANT to move on is a different matter. Playing golf may be preferable to playing against Florida. Those guys are just a bunch of headhunting goons.

He always plays slow compared to those two even when he is at his best and his hockey IQ overcomes that.

He has been a non-entity on the offensive end and that is having a big impact.

Panarin should be embarrassed watching how hard Lafreniere is competing on the other wing while he cruises around giving a half effort.
I agree, but Fox requires some room to make a play and exhibit that IQ. He and Panarin have none.

You are putting me in the very awkward position of defending the Rangers....which...I will not do. I'll just say...yes, Carolina has looked like the slightly better team this series. EXCEPT that goalies matter. I coach a lot of hockey and I've been on the losing side of a lot of games that we dominated possession time, zone time, shots, you name it. The Rangers just need one more solid goaltending effort and one more puck bounce and they move on. Whether or not they should WANT to move on is a different matter. Playing golf may be preferable to playing against Florida. Those guys are just a bunch of headhunting goons.
You can’t play any better than Igor did last night.
When the offense can’t even muster shot attempts you’re in trouble
Here’s how I look at it. Aho can circle back all game long with a Ranger hacking away at him and we can’t take the puck from him…. What happens when Panarin circles back, he’s met by a wall of pressure with no where to go

By the way, Canes solve the 1-3-1 when our winger steps up leaving the offside wing wide open at the blue line with no one within 10 feet of him.
It’s friggen obvious, Lav has to see that on film.

I know this is far from the only issue the Rangers have right now, but is it somehow against the rules for anyone in the media to bring up that Fox has disappeared in these playoffs, even when the team started 7-0 (0 goals, 4 assists in 9 games)?
He hasn't been anywhere close to himself since the knee on knee hit in WAS series. That's an excuse though and doesn't justify your point.

They were disinterested last night. (1) lack of movement. Could visibly see too many guys not moving their feet and gliding vs skating. (2) Mental game and inability to receive / field pucks cleanly. Little thing but Carrie's huge impact given how little time / space Canes give.

It's also why the team is so hard to root for. Hard to get upset when team is better and beats you. It's something entirely different when you look like you don't give a shit.

It's also why the team is so hard to root for. Hard to get upset when team is better and beats you. It's something entirely different when you look like you don't give a shit.
Literally every loose and bouncing puck ended up on a Canes stick.
Incredibly it had nothing to do with puck luck.
We couldn’t even complete a pass.

Panarin and Fox won’t t just magically become open ice demons Thursday night, it will happen only if we match the time and space battle which ain’t gonna happen.
IMO
I expect a repeat of last years 7th game against the Devils, say all the right things and proceed to spend the entire game in your own end

Reactions: RU Cheese
Literally every loose and bouncing puck ended up on a Canes stick.
Incredibly it had nothing to do with puck luck.
We couldn’t even complete a pass.

Panarin and Fox won’t t just magically become open ice demons Thursday night, it will happen only if we match the time and space battle which ain’t gonna happen.
IMO
I expect a repeat of last years 7th game against the Devils, say all the right things and proceed to spend the entire game in your own end
Impossible to disagree, both in terms of logic and what the team has shown in the past.

Hell they didn't even say the right things. Trouba called it a tough six minutes, Trochek a tough period, etc. it was whole game of terds.

Reactions: zappaa
Impossible to disagree, both in terms of logic and what the team has shown in the past.

Hell they didn't even say the right things. Trouba called it a tough six minutes, Trochek a tough period, etc. it was whole game of terds.
100 percent correct!
Not one HD shot 5 on 5, seems impossible.
Lav best get in that film room and find a way to cover the weak side wing and force their defenseman to make puck decisions instead of 20 feet of uncontested ice.
All the hustle and determination isn’t changing anything unless the Rangers address their structure and puck pressure at both ends.
Opportunistic Rangers lose in a blowout Thursday

Last edited:
Reactions: RU Cheese
All off-season I heard how disappointed the Rangers were in how their season ended last year. They need to rewatch their performance in last 5 games of playoffs last year. Maybe that will get them determined to not eat another shit sandwich.

All off-season I heard how disappointed the Rangers were in how their season ended last year. They need to rewatch their performance in last 5 games of playoffs last year. Maybe that will get them determined to not eat another shit sandwich.
Everyone on the team is a loser, either by choice, or by birth.

Seeing Miller with Trouba in practice today. That makes complete sense. 🙄

Itll never happen but id scratch gus and trouba and play jones and ruhwedel on bottom pair
It’s obvious that Jones’ strength is exactly what is one of the Rangers’ biggest weaknesses, getting the puck out of the defensive zone.

What was surprising was a stat I saw yesterday, that in his limited amount of games Jones’ has a top ten in the league number at their other big weakness, preventing zone entries by the other team.

Reactions: scfa99
As much as the fanbase focuses on Trouba, Lindgren might be playing the worst of all of the defensemen right now.

It's all about will now. I've always said the '94 team before the trade deadline was BETTER; the team after the deadline had what it took to win the Cup.
It’s also about looking at film and seeing you don’t cover the weak side and doing something about it two games ago

It’s also about looking at film and seeing you don’t cover the weak side and doing something about it two games ago

So everyone saying last year it was coaching….is it coaching again this year? Or the players on the ice?

All 3 of the goals were easily avoidable. First two the Rangers had the chance to clear the puck, third was a horrible Miller pinch.

All 3 of the goals were easily avoidable. First two the Rangers had the chance to clear the puck, third was a horrible Miller pinch.

First two the official got in the way of the clear.
I miss the days when there were only three.

First two the official got in the way of the clear.
I miss the days when there were only three.
That type of thing could be avoided if you had more players who could skate it out and not just play it along the boards. Fox is obviously injured, Jones not playing is a travesty.

Tremendous last 5 minutes for Rangers

Just looking at the box score on Yahoo! (as it’s too stressful to actually watch - lol)…

Those who need to get the job done offensively (goals and assists) are getting it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT