ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Can we talk about chytil. Why is he playing?
Chytil is playing because he is more talented offensively than anyone else in the bottom and will add more scoring threat to that 3rd line. Also, Kakko has looked his best offensively as a Ranger when playing with Chytil so they are hoping that will help him him going.

The Panthers didn’t score a goal with the 3rd line on the ice , and they generated some chances but unfortunately they fell to Wennberg. I would have liked that line to get more than the 8-9 minutes they got instead of overplaying Panarin (who was at his “horribly low percentage cross ice pass attempt” worst for 20+ even strength minutes and was a minus 3).

Chytil is playing because he is more talented offensively than anyone else in the bottom and will add more scoring threat to that 3rd line. Also, Kakko has looked his best offensively as a Ranger when playing with Chytil so they are hoping that will help him him going.

The Panthers didn’t score a goal with the 3rd line on the ice , and they generated some chances but unfortunately they fell to Wennberg. I would have liked that line to get more than the 8-9 minutes they got instead of overplaying Panarin (who was at his “horribly low percentage cross ice pass attempt” worst for 20+ even strength minutes and was a minus 3).
I like chytil — when he’s healthy and things are normal. Is he healthy? Guess he’s healthy enough.

Talk about offensively challenged, Wennberg is as limited a player offensively as their is in the entire league, Goodrow is more of a threat to score and create offense

I never understand how these coaches don’t see that it is better to have a guy like Jones who can traverse both zones well than a bigger, tougher guy who can’t get the puck out of the zone.

I guess it because they DO see Jones be overpowered in front of the net sometimes, while they DON’T see all of the defensive zone pressure the team avoids with a Jones type versus Lindgren/Trouba constantly giving up the puck in the DZone.
Reality, true reality that will never happen and will never be addressed.
This team would be better with Ruwhedel (known in Pittsburgh as one tough SOB)
And Jones playing instead of Truba and Lindgren.
There’s probably a lot of things Truba does away from the puck we don’t see, blocking shots is one of them.
But puck on stick he’s terrible now, he was at one time very good in Winnipeg

Reports that Chytil is moving up to the first line with Zibanejad & Kreider. Rempe on the ice in preskate with Goodrow & Vesey. Rostlovic down to the 3rd line with Wennberg & Cullye.

2nd overall pick being scratched in a very important conference final game 2…not good.

Think his days in NY are over…

Reactions: zappaa
Going to OT. Rangers bench is short with Vesey out and Rempe getting very few minutes. Meanwhile, Florida rolling 4 lines. Not a great formula for a long OT game. Rangers will likely need an early push & goal.

Going to OT. Rangers bench is short with Vesey out and Rempe getting very few minutes. Meanwhile, Florida rolling 4 lines. Not a great formula for a long OT game. Rangers will likely need an early push & goal.
They need a moment of inspiration like Edmonton had last night at the start of OT on the beautiful McDavid goal. The longer it goes the more likely it is FL wins, IMO.

They need a moment of inspiration like Edmonton had last night at the start of OT on the beautiful McDavid goal. The longer it goes the more likely it is FL wins, IMO.
True, except McJesus’ goal last night for Edmonton was in 2OT. Rangers need to end this now.

Yeah, I'd call that a moment of inspiration, what a rocket of a wrister by Goodrow. I like how the announcers didn't say anything for a minute or so just letting the emotion of the crowd and the players wash over everything (they do that in the Premier League and I like it).

That wrister reminded me of Rick MacLeish from the early 70s Flyers Cup winning teams. He was my favorite player with the best wrister of the era, IMO. Was a hockey nut at the age of 12-16, playing street hockey all the time - our "leagues" were just kids from our neighborhood playing kids from nearby neighborhoods in some store or church parking lot. Fun times.

Last edited:
Missed interference on 1st goal. Missed high stick on the 2nd goal…those are some breaks. Nice win though for the Rags

• Haha
Reactions: Section124
Missed interference on 1st goal. Missed high stick on the 2nd goal…those are some breaks. Nice win though for the Rags
That was not a high stick on the OT winner. Well before the red line and as far as I can tell, everyone agrees.

On the first goal, are you suggesting Lafraniere was interfering?

That was not a high stick on the OT winner. Well before the red line and as far as I can tell, everyone agrees.

Agreed, not a high stick on the OT goal - amazing coordination to bring that down cleanly.

It doesn’t matter where it occurred. A high stick is a high stick. They just couldn’t challenge it cause it was well before the red line.

Yes. Laf clearly took out Verhaeghe with a pick…

I should also mention the FLA goal was on a power play that was questionable too…

It doesn’t matter where it occurred. A high stick is a high stick. They just couldn’t challenge it cause it was well before the red line.

I should also mention the FLA goal was on a power play that was questionable too…
No, it wasn't a high stick period. When he made contact with the puck Goodrow's stick was not above his shoulders.

https://www.nhl.com/video/fla-nyr-goodrow-scores-goal-against-sergei-bobrovsky-6353632080112

You really need to learn the rules before complaining.

Seeing the replay of the Goodrow goal a bunch times again today and it finally hit me.

Maybe the Rangers really are a team of destiny when they win a game on a goal started on a successful defensive zone exit pass, under pressure, by Trouba. That sequence could just as easily have turned into a turnover and FLA scoring chance the way he has been struggling getting out of the zone.

Wheeler or Kakko in place of injured Vesey?
It has to be Kakko. He doesn’t score, but any line he plays on is better defensively. The third line spent much more time than usual under pressure in the defensive zone on Friday without him.

We are living in bizarro world. Trouba makes a great outlet pass leading to a goal for the second game in a row, and Miller hands Florida two PP goals with giveaways.

Reactions: zappaa
That Laf goal was insane. Terrible 4 minute PP by Florida..but that Trouba hit should have been 5 minutes…imo

Reactions: thegock
Florida should be up by about 4-5 goals - totally dominant performance, except for a few moments of brilliance by the Rangers to get 4 goals. Giving up a 4-2 lead in the 3rd is just bad, though.

Rangers can’t match them, Panarin completely nullified.
Shot volume and zone time is men among boys.
Shear luck and they can still win

Reactions: RU848789
Rangers can’t match them, Panarin completely nullified.
Shot volume and zone time is men among boys.
Shear luck and they can still win
Other side of the coin is if you gave the Rangers 100 shot attempts we'd have more than 4 goals. All it takes is 1 moment and we got a few guys with big skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT