ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

Theres a reason he never makes it more than 2 years. Hes a god awful coach. All the Rangers beat writers have said without saying it actually that he legitimately did not coach the team last year and that basically just told him to go out there and play pond hockey and forecheck

He won two playoff series recently.
Not many coaches achieve that.

His record is outstanding aside from the terrible Columbus teams.

-vic

Plus while Florida is a very good team, it's hard to watch last nights game and not think one team is much more worn down from their first round series than the other.

I don’t think any team that started 8-0 in the playoffs has ever not won the Cup.
Discounting the Original 6 days when there were only 2 rounds, no SC winner has swept the first two rounds of a 7 game series.

SC winner Edmonton went 9-0 in '85 sweeping a 3 game and 4 game series to start.
SC loser St. Louis went 8-0 sweeping their first two 7 game series in '69 before being swept in the final in the horribly set up first expansion playoff format.

True.

These aren’t the Sherwood’s or Cooper’s of old.

Luckily for my wallet my boys seemed to have done this more often before the warranty expired. Not really much of a stick allowance in DIII.
This.
What we are paying for sticks these days the 30 day warranty is a joke.

Where did I claim they shouldn't play to win?
“Might not be in their best interest to win”. So is their best interest to lose? If so very hard to play to win at the same time.

Yeah, sure.

-vic
I mean its very very well documented.

You obviously don't follow hockey that close haha. All you have to do is read anything Larry Brooks, Arth stapleton, vince mercagliano or mollie walker have written about how this team actually practices this year vs the prior 2 and how theres now strategy and game plans haha

In other news, Chytil a game time decision for undisclosed illness. While it's not fair to speculate, this has me a bit worried for his future health. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: KK1827
In other news, Chytil a game time decision for undisclosed illness. While it's not fair to speculate, this has me a bit worried for his future health. Fingers crossed.
He would not be a game time decision if anything happened concussion related.

Reactions: miker183
“Might not be in their best interest to win”. So is their best interest to lose? If so very hard to play to win at the same time.
Guess a Rangers scout read my post. Seriously, my ponder was not a definitive statement, and I wasn’t telling anyone from the team they should lose. I was writing as a not a Ranger specific fan contemplating.

I will now contemplate that it might not be in the best interest of the losers of next years cfb CCGs to have played that game. I’m not suggesting they should purposefully avoid winning enough to make the game should there be any confusion about my intent.

Rangers skating in sand, no forecheck, tons of open ice for Canes.
Reminiscent of Devils series last year
First 5 minutes they were skating well and generated some chances. Seems like the D men are indecisive about whether they should pinch in or get back on D. Igor playing well.

Ya call that but not the cross check right in front of the ref a few minutes earlier?

Ya call that but not the cross check right in front of the ref a few minutes earlier?
Not to mention when the Canes had too many men on the ice for a good 10 seconds while the Rangers were on the PP….should’ve been a 5-3 for about 45-50 seconds.

Reactions: mdk01
Unacceptable performance at home, especially with a lead going into the 3rd. Getting a little too similar to Devils last year and Lightning 2 years ago.

Can’t even get puck possession on the PP.

Reactions: zappaa
Boys against men with the pressure.
Rangers can’t skate one foot without a Cane in the way.
Canes have 20 feet

Officiating has been atrocious LEAGUE-WIDE this post season. Not the reason we lost, but it needed to be said.

Reactions: RuBird
Hurricanes have been the MUCH better team 5 on 5 all series. Keep the Rangers off special teams...and its anyone's series.

It's hard to envision them winning the series
20 feet to one foot time and space differential, including games we won.
75-25 zone time differential.
Hard to imagine coaches and players watching that tape and seeing nothing but a retreating no attempt to forecheck 60 minutes.
Their weak side wing standing on our blue line with a free entry and 20 feet of room will catch up to you.

Reactions: RU Cheese
I know this is far from the only issue the Rangers have right now, but is it somehow against the rules for anyone in the media to bring up that Fox has disappeared in these playoffs, even when the team started 7-0 (0 goals, 4 assists in 9 games)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT