ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

One of the worst no calls I have seen in a very long time. Thank god trocheck is gumby because if that was a soft player like siegenthaler and troch lays on the ice that is not only a penalty, that is a major and potential suspension
I don't understand why there wasn't a call but given time left it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm far more concerned with Mika's health moving forward because, as bleh as he's been all year, he's not really a replaceable player without Chytil in lineup. And head concerns are one reasons why Inthink he becomes less aggressive and on the perimeter.

I don't understand why there wasn't a call but given time left it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm far more concerned with Mika's health moving forward because, as bleh as he's been all year, he's not really a replaceable player without Chytil in lineup. And head concerns are one reasons why Inthink he becomes less aggressive and on the perimeter.
Mika came back to the bench by the end

Read an article that Chytil's locker holds his practice gear. IF he can make it back, say second round, would you slot him in at 1st line RW? Think that as the roster sits, don't really need him at 3rd line center, but still have to find a fit on the top line.

Read an article that Chytil's locker holds his practice gear. IF he can make it back, say second round, would you slot him in at 1st line RW? Think that as the roster sits, don't really need him at 3rd line center, but still have to find a fit on the top line.
100% you try him out at 1st line RW. I think the odds of it happening though are very slim. He is a tireless worker but they seem pretty adamant about him shutting it down til next year.

100% you try him out at 1st line RW. I think the odds of it happening though are very slim. He is a tireless worker but they seem pretty adamant about him shutting it down til next year.

To be fair, the article only mentioned his gear was there; no update on his health at all. So, I think you're right, just wishful thinking. And, a potentially intriguing solution.

Mika came back to the bench by the end
It’s still scary, because the last bad concussion Mika 3-4 years ago he had actually came back into the game and played another game before the bad symptoms hit and kept him out a while.

Reactions: RU Cheese
It’s still scary, because the last bad concussion Mika 3-4 years ago he had actually came back into the game and played another game before the bad symptoms hit and kept him out a while.
EJ took a run at mika. Lets see if goody, cuylle or trouba make him answer

what-the-hell-whats-going-on.gif

Seriously. Was not expecting this.

Piss poor effort. Why not have rempe in? You know the vets are going to be treating these games as cardio, so why not force energy with rempe?

Absolutely pissed tonight at Lavi. You needed that game. I repeat you needed that game. Starting Quick sends the wrong message to that team. You lost the last game so you switch things up and make damn sure you win tonight and Saturday and then you can play Quick and give Igor a week's rest . Plus not making any other lineup changes The Flyers were 0-6-2 in their last eight , the Philly goalie had a below .800 save percentage and you Lavi treated that game like it was a foregone conclusion. Now you might blow the Metro and first in the East. Brilliant

Filip Chytil is skating at practice today in a REGULAR CONTACT jersey.
A conspiracy theory going around, which I hope is true because it would mean Chytil is healthier than we thought, is that this was all an LTIR scam by the Rangers to make deadline additions and be above full strength for the playoffs like Tampa and Vegas have done before.

A conspiracy theory going around, which I hope is true because it would mean Chytil is healthier than we thought, is that this was all an LTIR scam by the Rangers to make deadline additions and be above full strength for the playoffs like Tampa and Vegas have done before.
Tin Foil Tinfoil Hat GIF

-vic

Hmm.....
:)

Well, considering the results when those guys did it..I'll take it. 👍

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I think its kinda outlandish considering rangers didnt exactly go big game hunting at the deadline. But if chytil is back it changes the rangers in a huge way as he likely becomes 1RW

Whether it was a ploy by the Rangers or not, the league needs to address this rule. When Tampa and Vegas did it, there were one or two teams doing it. I read somewhere that as many as 17 teams were utilizing LTIR before the trade deadline, and if that's the case, its not much of a RULE.

Not judging any of the teams. If they are following the letter of the rule and exposing a "loophole" I guess that's okay. But, when a majority use it, it should be buttoned up going forward.

Whether it was a ploy by the Rangers or not, the league needs to address this rule. When Tampa and Vegas did it, there were one or two teams doing it. I read somewhere that as many as 17 teams were utilizing LTIR before the trade deadline, and if that's the case, its not much of a RULE.

Not judging any of the teams. If they are following the letter of the rule and exposing a "loophole" I guess that's okay. But, when a majority use it, it should be buttoned up going forward.
I dont think chytil is a loophole. Guys been on ltir since november 2nd

The problem is, nobody wants the rule gone except the fans.

The teams want the flexibility it gives them, the players are happy because it creates a few extra NHL positions for the second half of each year.

I really hope, if this is true, that Chytil is okay and ready to comeback.

There's always the possibility his last setback wasn't a concussion but I suppose we'll see.

Whether it was a ploy by the Rangers or not, the league needs to address this rule. When Tampa and Vegas did it, there were one or two teams doing it. I read somewhere that as many as 17 teams were utilizing LTIR before the trade deadline, and if that's the case, it's not much of a RULE.

To be fair, the cap being flat the last few years has pushed many teams up against the limit, so regular cap increases would theoretically drive down the number from 17.

It's tricky because it's a good rule - teams should get relief if players are out - but it should extend to postseason as well.

Reactions: rurichdog
I really hope, if this is true, that Chytil is okay and ready to comeback.

There's always the possibility his last setback wasn't a concussion but I suppose we'll see.
That would be the best case. There have been a few players (most notably Crosby ) who had problems misidentified as concussion issues which turned out to be neck issues that were much more fixable.

I think its kinda outlandish considering rangers didnt exactly go big game hunting at the deadline. But if chytil is back it changes the rangers in a huge way as he likely becomes 1RW
Since Roslovic sucks, I hope so.
Truba and Lindgren are a huge problem, Jones out of the lineup is a crime.
Miller is an all-star without the anchor of Truba

Last edited:
To be fair, the cap being flat the last few years has pushed many teams up against the limit, so regular cap increases would theoretically drive down the number from 17.

It's tricky because it's a good rule - teams should get relief if players are out - but it should extend to postseason as well.

I definitely agree that teams should get relief.
The Lightning situation was egregious in my opinion because a $9 million (?) player was back for Game 1. That can't become the norm.

Since Roslovic sucks, I hope so.
Truba and Lindgren are a huge problem, Jones out of the lineup is a crime.
Miller is an all-star without the anchor of Truba
Luckily lavi finally broke up trouba and kandre and rolled with kandre/schneider at practice today and looks like moving forward

Correct.
Truba is only effective if he’s lighting up people.
When he’s over the top physical he has an impact.
My ideal d pairs

Lindy-fox
Kandre-schneider
Jones-trouba/ruhwedel

I view jones at dman #5 and then trouba/rubwedel as 6/7. But of course the staff cant do that to their captain. Troubas gotta go this offseason

My ideal d pairs

Lindy-fox
Kandre-schneider
Jones-trouba/ruhwedel

I view jones at dman #5 and then trouba/rubwedel as 6/7. But of course the staff cant do that to their captain. Troubas gotta go this offseason
Ruhweedel, known for being a tough SOB amongst Penguin players.
Jones should be in the 6.
He’s better than Lindgren

My ideal d pairs

Lindy-fox
Kandre-schneider
Jones-trouba/ruhwedel

Guftafson has been looking a lot worse using the eye test, but most of his numbers individually are still second best to Fox, and the Fox-Gufstanson pair that was together when Lindgren was out for a while still has the best numbers of any pair they have used.

If the Islanders win,the Flyers can't catch them and the Caps and the Pens are in deep,at least relative to the Islanders.
My best scenario would be for both the last two teams to win so I can see a clincher when I walk over the bridge to see the game vs the Devils on Monday night.

The Islanders resemble the Dominoes.
They too are 60 Minute Men.
Fortunately,that condition does not exist in the post season.

If the Islanders win,the Flyers can't catch them and the Caps and the Pens are in deep,at least relative to the Islanders.
My best scenario would be for both the last two teams to win so I can see a clincher when I walk over the bridge to see the game vs the Devils on Monday night.
Islanders played prevent defense in the 3rd period and it cost them a point.

-vic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT