ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Rangers 2023-2024 Thread

rempe was taking 4th line, line rushes in practice today with brodz looking on. Seems like a decent chance he's in the game 1 lineup
He has to be in the lineup game one, Wilson is going to attempt to establish himself and set the tone for the series early.
Can’t just let him run around, gotta have someone to fight him that doesn’t mess with the lineup.
I’ll gladly take Wilson off the ice with Rempe

4th line and stout defense lead Rangers to a fairly easy win in game 1. Rempe opening the playoff scoring is just crazy.

4th line and stout defense lead Rangers to a fairly easy win in game 1. Rempe opening the playoff scoring is just crazy.

When challenged with the game decided he just smiled and didn't take the bait. To be continued.

I know the 4th line got the glory but I thought the best line was the Wennberg line.. Ovi has zero shots on goal matched against the 3rd line

Easy guy to root for. Just 21 years old, father died 6 years ago and it was the 1st time his mom saw him play at MSG.
Saw that in his postgame presser. That's so cool. Imagine your son playing in the world most famous arena as a 21 year old and hearing the entire arena chant his name when he steps on the ice and then the crowd goes insane when he scores? Had to be an emotional day for her.

Furthermore, rempe said the prior night they went to dinner and he was walking her around the city because she's never been. Said they had to make 10 reservations to get in somewhere haha. He's really just an impossible kid to not root for, always happy, truly honored to be playing at this level. He's the best story of the rangers season imo

Reactions: RUpop and T2Kplus20
Saw that in his postgame presser. That's so cool. * Imagine your son playing in the world most famous arena as a 21 year old and hearing the entire arena chant his name when he steps on the ice and then the crowd goes insane when he scores? Had to be an emotional day for her.

Furthermore, rempe said the prior night they went to dinner and he was walking her around the city because she's never been. Said they had to make 10 reservations to get in somewhere haha. He's really just an impossible kid to not root for, always happy, truly honored to be playing at this level. He's the best story of the rangers season imo
I'm sure he was too innocent to ask but someone from the Rangers should have taken care of that.

* Different venue and experience but it was pretty cool seeing my nephew play the Stone Pony for the first time and listening to the crowd go crazy when he soloed.

Wow, the Islanders really sh!t the bed tonight. Epic choke.
Awful collapse for the Islanders. I found myself in the uncomfortable position of wanting them to win. I want that series to go as long as humanly possible, but the Isles pissed away a prime chance to make this one interesting.

Washington played desperate for parts of this game but the Rangers found a way like many games this year. Held Ovi to one shot.

One other thing. Eight Rangers goals, Eight different scorers

Last edited:
Reactions: KK1827
Rangers “take” 6 penalties and kill them all, plus a shorty.

I think the potential of Rempe/Wilson drama is causing the refs to call this series tight.

Now up 3-0 and break that mini streak of losing playoff series after going up 2-0. This one isn’t testing the Rangers at all. It’s like playoff a casual round of golf with the Masters coming up next week.

All the complaints about Rempe are taking a toll. The hit on vanRiemsdyk may have been a touch late, in which case 2 minutes is fair. But, people are saying he left his feet; not true. He didn't raise his arms, and, frankly, in real time he hit him within a second of him releasing the puck.

Regardless, the penalty was called, so that can't be changed. But, Rempe has been labeled a dirty player, and outside the Siegenthaler hit, I call bullshit.

if anyone else on the ice made that hit with that timing it wouldn't have been called. Rempe got a penalty for being bigger than everybody else, not for interference. . The NHL network guys were all over that.

Rangers “take” 6 penalties and kill them all, plus a shorty.

I think the potential of Rempe/Wilson drama is causing the refs to call this series tight.

Now up 3-0 and break that mini streak of losing playoff series after going up 2-0. This one isn’t testing the Rangers at all. It’s like playoff a casual round of golf with the Masters coming up next week.
Defeating the Hurricanes will be an enormous task.
We still play way too much hockey in our own end…. Period

Carolina is a team built for the playoffs. And so is Florida, so crazy tough road ahead.

Carolina is a team built for the playoffs. And so is Florida, so crazy tough road ahead.
Carolina is without one of their top defensemen in Brett Pesce, at least for the rest of the series with the Isles. Which opens up room for Tony D’Angelo…always intriguing.

But still — they will be a giant challenge. Night and day compared to this Caps faux playoff team.

Carolina is without one of their top defensemen in Brett Pesce, at least for the rest of the series with the Isles. Which opens up room for Tony D’Angelo…always intriguing.

But still — they will be a giant challenge. Night and day compared to this Caps faux playoff team.
My analogy of the Rangers metrics admittedly ignores how opportunistic we are, or how good our special teams and goaltending is.
it’s a very simplistic fact, we spend way to much of the game defending.

Last edited:
My analogy of the Rangers metrics admittedly completely ignores how opportunistic we are, how good our special teams are or our goaltending.
it’s a very simplistic fact, we spend way to much of the game defending.
And defending poorly

LOL to the NHL for penalizing certain teams for going over the cap with overages and bonuses, but NOT doing anything to Vegas!

Come on they should have to work around the Stone money they keep doubling for the playoffs.

LOL to the NHL for penalizing certain teams for going over the cap with overages and bonuses, but NOT doing anything to Vegas!

Come on they should have to work around the Stone money they keep doubling for the playoffs.
How can they penalize Vegas when no rules were broken by them?

I agree that this is a problem, and until the next CBA nothing will be done (if then.)

But, which teams have been penalized for using this? Honest question, because I hadn't heard anything.

How can they penalize Vegas when no rules were broken by them?
Subverting the cap. Your Rangers will have a half a million dollar penalty or so. Bettman's favorites have subverted the cap 3 years in a row by using an extra 9.5 to 10 million, it is not right.

BTW technically none of the team's being penalized broke any rules either!

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I agree that this is a problem, and until the next CBA nothing will be done (if then.)

But, which teams have been penalized for using this? Honest question, because I hadn't heard anything.
A long list of teams including your NYR, as they will have about a half a million dollar penalty. Oh I posted this because no rules were broken by any team getting this penalty as it primarily came down to bonuses.

My theory of the case is no team should be penalized until Vegas is penalized for subverting the cap 3 years in a row by 10 million with Stone each time. This also is far and away more than any of these other teams used.

This is why much of Canada hates Bettman and knows he plays favorites, because he does.

A long list of teams including your NYR, as they will have about a half a million dollar penalty. Oh I posted this because no rules were broken by any team getting this penalty as it primarily came down to bonuses.

My theory of the case is no team should be penalized until Vegas is penalized for subverting the cap 3 years in a row by 10 million with Stone each time. This also is far and away more than any of these other teams used.

This is why much of Canada hates Bettman and knows he plays favorites, because he does.
There's nothing illegal. Million reasons to hate Bettman but thisn't one of them - its' collectively bargained - so unless there is evidence of manipulating injury reports, etc. there's nothing wrong.

Additionally, the Rangers haven't done anything wrong (even by your standards) unless Chytil returns.

There's nothing illegal. Million reasons to hate Bettman but thisn't one of them - its' collectively bargained - so unless there is evidence of manipulating injury reports, etc. there's nothing wrong.

Additionally, the Rangers haven't done anything wrong (even by your standards) unless Chytil returns.
LOL this is picking and choosing and it's wrong. If he penalizes these other teams, including your NYR, he should penalize Vegas, because none of these teams broke the rules either.

Once again this is an NHL copout. That's All.

LOL this is picking and choosing and it's wrong. If he penalizes these other teams, including your NYR, he should penalize Vegas, because none of these teams broke the rules either.

Once again this is an NHL copout. That's All.
You're not making sense. This is negotiated in the CBA and there isn't anything wrong with it.

Why is Tom Wilson allowed to be a piece of trash? Dude is just straight up dirty - and not in a clever Bobby Clarke kind of way

Reactions: RU Cheese
You're not making sense. This is negotiated in the CBA and there isn't anything wrong with it.
Vegas' loophole is Cap circumvention. Well so is the cap penalty over 10 teams are going to get. In both cases it has been said no one did anything wrong, but the NHL is not using the same logic.

The biggest difference is Vegas is over, using an extra 9.5 to 10 million. Which is about 5 times more than what the worst offender has used.

My take is this is another ridiculous example of the league playing favorites again. They let Tampa and Vegas ( Vegas 3X) subvert the cap, while 10 plus teams, many NOT in the playoffs, will be held to a different standard and have a cap penalty.

Cliff Notes bottomline- if a team Bettman is not fond of did this I contend the loophole would be closed immediately! Think a team like Ottawa, that is all! I put it here because the NYR are one of the team's and it is wrong because the biggest "cheater/benefactor" will NEVER get any punishment. Vegas.

Vegas' loophole is Cap circumvention. Well so is the cap penalty over 10 teams are going to get. In both cases it has been said no one did anything wrong, but the NHL is not using the same logic.

The biggest difference is Vegas is over, using an extra 9.5 to 10 million. Which is about 5 times more than what the worst offender has used.

My take is this is another ridiculous example of the league playing favorites again. They let Tampa and Vegas ( Vegas 3X) subvert the cap, while 10 plus teams, many NOT in the playoffs, will be held to a different standard and have a cap penalty.

Cliff Notes bottomline- if a team Bettman is not fond of did this I contend the loophole would be closed immediately! Think a team like Ottawa, that is all! I put it here because the NYR are one of the team's and it is wrong because the biggest "cheater/benefactor" will NEVER get any punishment. Vegas.
Can you explain this other cap penalty you are talking about that 10 teams are going to get?

Reactions: TM94goRU
Why is Tom Wilson allowed to be a piece of trash? Dude is just straight up dirty - and not in a clever Bobby Clarke kind of way
Classic guy everyone hates unless he's on your team.

But going after guy like Fox? Dumb

Reactions: Randal7
Dude is such a POS. Who goes after a guy who just suffered an injury? I mean, Tom Wilson does, but it’s such a trash move.

I really hope Fox is ok. Same knee that he hurt earlier in the year and missed 10-ish games. He’s a ‘must have healthy’ guy,.

Dude is such a POS. Who goes after a guy who just suffered an injury? I mean, Tom Wilson does, but it’s such a trash move.

I really hope Fox is ok. Same knee that he hurt earlier in the year and missed 10-ish games. He’s a ‘must have healthy’ guy,.
I said the f word over and over again bc hes so important. Looks like he's okay but perfect example why they need to twist the knife tonight (and on PP).

Reactions: Randal7
Classic guy everyone hates unless he's on your team.

But going after guy like Fox? Dumb
After a goal no less. He was going to celebrate — that’s bush league. Reminds me of turgeon getting leveled years back after a goal

I want rempe to fight Wilson in this game. Hope it happens
I have no doubt Rempe has been under orders to not engage. But now, I think Lavi gives him the green light to go with Wilson. Just can’t take the instigator penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT