ADVERTISEMENT

OT- NYC season long baseball thread. Mets, Yankees. 2nd attempt

I don't see where you think it adds people in attendance when Opening Day was sold out. Do you have stock in Stub Hub? You do realize the people can sell their tickets on other venues?
I do agree Yankee face value prices are through the roof but you're angst against them not using Stub Hub is crazy. There are other options where a 400 dollar ticket can be sold for $10

Sold out doesn't mean those tickets were used to enter the gate. Plenty of games are sold out with 20% of the seats empty, more so now because ticket holders (mainly season ticket holders, but also brokers) are limited as to where they can sell their tickets on the secondary market, which makes it difficult to dump tickets on short notice.

So yes there are other option, but you can no longer use paper tickets, so you can't print at home. In addition, you can't use the digital tickets unless the tickets are through Ticketmaster, the Yankees ticket exchange system. All of this is intended to suppress the secondary market.

I had season tickets years ago and having the ability to sell them on short notice was very important, as was the ability to sell of random games I didn't want to go to in order to offset the total cost of the package. This is a bad deal for fans and the Yankees should be making decisions to entice and encourage fans to come to games, but this does the opposite.

Sold out doesn't mean those tickets were used to enter the gate. Plenty of games are sold out with 20% of the seats empty, more so now because ticket holders (mainly season ticket holders, but also brokers) are limited as to where they can sell their tickets on the secondary market, which makes it difficult to dump tickets on short notice.

So yes there are other option, but you can no longer use paper tickets, so you can't print at home. In addition, you can't use the digital tickets unless the tickets are through Ticketmaster, the Yankees ticket exchange system. All of this is intended to suppress the secondary market.

I had season tickets years ago and having the ability to sell them on short notice was very important, as was the ability to sell of random games I didn't want to go to in order to offset the total cost of the package. This is a bad deal for fans and the Yankees should be making decisions to entice and encourage fans to come to games, but this does the opposite.
You can sell them on short notice but just not on Stubhub. I don't understand your hatred for the the Yankees not wanting to support Stubhub. They aren't helping the Yankees bottom line or attendence

You can sell them on short notice but just not on Stubhub. I don't understand your hatred for the the Yankees not wanting to support Stubhub. They aren't helping the Yankees bottom line or attendence

It hurts the fans and the ticket holders. You can't sell the tickets digitally unless you go through the Yankees own ticket exchange (Ticket Master). This system has a price floor, which is the face value of the ticket.

If I have that $225 Tuesday night in April ticket versus the A's I can only sell it for face value digitally, which we know is not the true value and will likely go unsold. My alternative is to set up a meeting, drop off, or express mailing to sell it below face.

This is a major inconvenience for fans, a deterrent to potential season ticket buyers (inflated prices plus difficulty to sell) and the only beneficiary is the Yankees in their attempts to hide the true secondary market from fans, while forcing fans to buy tickets through their exchange or day of game walk up sales at face value.

If the Yankees were so hard up on controlling the secondary market they should implement dynamic pricing, but they don't want to admit that the opponent may drive the price of the tickets and be the draw instead of the Yankees.

Reactions: Underdogs88
Damn. Fourth friggin game of the season and he's resting one third of his lineup...McCann, Beltran, and ARod.
I don't care for Girardi....the anti-Ernie Banks. "Let's play 3 out of 4".

Damn. Fourth friggin game of the season and he's resting one third of his lineup...McCann, Beltran, and ARod.
I don't care for Girardi....the anti-Ernie Banks. "Let's play 3 out of 4".

AARP won't allow Girardi to play them 4 in a row, it's in their Med D contract : - )

Another mediocre performance by Mr. 25-20 career lifetime record. And DeGrom is on the shelf. Not good.

One week from today is OPENING DAY! Excited about the potential of both NYC teams. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses but they both have serious promise for 2016.
A year ago today no one predicted that come playoffs time that the Yankees would make it and the Mets in the World Series. 2015 was a fun year for both fans.
#1 for both teams...and every team is staying healthy for the most part.
The Harvey uncertainty is puzzling as it doesn't appear to be a health issue so hopefully it will be short term.
To be clear I am a lifelong Yankee fan but have zero hatred for the Mets. I enjoyed their playoff run. I have the MLB package so starting a week from today a majority of my TV viewing until October is watching MLB games. Also looking forward to seeing the Cubs, Dodgers and Donnie Baseball try to improve Miami.
With the exception of the Oakland A's it's possible for the the rest of the teams finishing between 80 and 90 wins
Who do you follow and what are your picks for the upcoming season

Come on Mets fans on SN..start a Mets thread..do not like mingling with yankee fans in 1 thread.

I would start one but would get flushed quickly. 2k+ posters step up...BEP?

Come on Mets fans on SN..start a Mets thread..do not like mingling with yankee fans in 1 thread.

I would start one but would get flushed quickly. 2k+ posters step up...BEP?
Some one did. It was a Mets fan complaining how poorly the Mets are playing. How is that working out?
Anyway the Orioles are the last undefeated team in the first week. Are there odds on that?
Watching Cubs Home Opener...at night...weird.

WTF WhiteBus - this was a good thread. Reading your title, I expected to see it had degenerated into a big Mets-Yankees fight or general RU Rivals pissing contest, but it looks like mostly solid baseball talk. Granted, RUPlanning was arguing way too hard about really important Brooklyn hipster problems that no one but RUPlanning cares about, but if he wasn't doing that here, he'd be doing it in another thread.

Please cool down and restore the original thread, which was a great idea.

Wierd I expected it to have been treated like the weather threads are treated. What is the issue?

WTF WhiteBus - this was a good thread. Reading your title, I expected to see it had degenerated into a big Mets-Yankees fight or general RU Rivals pissing contest, but it looks like mostly solid baseball talk. Granted, RUPlanning was arguing way too hard about really important Brooklyn hipster problems that no one but RUPlanning cares about, but if he wasn't doing that here, he'd be doing it in another thread.

Please cool down and restore the original thread, which was a great idea.
Yes - any baseball thread here is going to have both Mets and Yankees fans, some of who are haters. It goes both ways and those commenters should just be ignored.

BTW is anyone on this board going to either home openers? How long is your home opener streak?

I went to the first 10-ish at Citizen's Bank Park for the Phils until MrsScrew scheduled a Italy honeymoon and broke my string.

Leave him alone, sometimes Whitebus loses his mind and goes nuclear.

Hopefully he will take a deep breath and change the title back to something normal.

She's the boss (most times)
Good strategy.
sddefault.jpg

That was a response to RUintime since edited post on here and the BS from the other baseball thread. You can get the idea by reading his unedited posts in that one what was going on. My response asking to have this thread deleted wasn't nuclear but practical.

Last edited:
That was a response to RUintime since edited post on here and the BS from the other baseball thread. You can get the idea by reading his unedited posts in that one what was going on. My response asking to have this thread deleted wasn't nuclear but practical.

The rest of the thread was fine, it was just RUintime posting weird stuff. Asking to nuke the thread just because of one person seem a bit extreme, IMHO.

The rest of the thread was fine, it was just RUintime posting weird stuff. Asking to nuke the thread just because of one person seem a bit extreme, IMHO.
If he left his post unedited this would of become a cesspool of Met haters and Yankee haters. Hopefully he has been banned for his personal attacks and who's sole purpose was to derail two good baseball threads.

Disagree. What is the point of the post immediately above yours, other than to bait Mets fans? And there were a few others, who are normally jo's in these threads. Don't see the point. It's early in the season. The two teams are not in competition. They are in different leagues. They are NY teams. WhiteBus had a good idea for this thread and it started well. If you don't like one team, just leave it at that and don't be a jo to fans of the other team. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?

Reactions: WhiteBus
Waiting for the Yankees game to start by watching the Dodgers game listening to Vin Scully. He is as good as ever. His last year, I will try to watch some of as many Dodgers home games I can. Its going to be sad to see him going after this year.

Edit. As I'm watching this game I just have to say the Diamondbacks away unis are flat out f-ugly!

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the new elbow pad that seems everyone is wearing? It looks nothing like the big armour thing Bonds used to wear. Very thin but almost worn by all players now. Toronto ' s Donaldson is wearing the old style but I saw this new one alot in the first week. Anyone have any info on this? Don't remember them wearing it this much in spring training

Disagree. What is the point of the post immediately above yours, other than to bait Mets fans? And there were a few others, who are normally jo's in these threads. Don't see the point. It's early in the season. The two teams are not in competition. They are in different leagues. They are NY teams. WhiteBus had a good idea for this thread and it started well. If you don't like one team, just leave it at that and don't be a jo to fans of the other team. Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?

Just wanted to point out that the poster who created that baiting message (ProudNJ) has also been baiting Yankee fans in this thread. Perhaps he is just in this thread to flame in general. Also wanted to note that there are JOs in almost every thread on SN, so why would it be different here - especially given that NJ is basically a melting pot (or cesspool) mix of fans from diverse sports rooting interests?

Last night was classic baseball for NY fans though. Nail biting 1 run games. I'll have a heart attack for sure if we go through the whole season like that.

Regarding Mets - you can't complain about the way their pitching is delivering. I'm starting to wonder whether the real stud is Syndegard. Granderson always frustrated me when with the Yanks - he'll pick it up though.

Scary what the Yank bullpen will look like when Chapman gets in there...

I know the Yankees are paying AROD a boat load of money but they need to get a real DH. Cut the cord. He needs to go back to Tampa and work on his swing. He was hot right off the start last year. Weak sauce so far.

Last night was classic baseball for NY fans though. Nail biting 1 run games. I'll have a heart attack for sure if we go through the whole season like that.

Regarding Mets - you can't complain about the way their pitching is delivering. I'm starting to wonder whether the real stud is Syndegard. Granderson always frustrated me when with the Yanks - he'll pick it up though.

Scary what the Yank bullpen will look like when Chapman gets in there...

You can't? Your "ace" is 0-2 to start the season while registering 3+ earned runs, and recording less than 3 K's or less, in back-to-back games, for the first time in his career. No worries, Met fans, you've got 38 games against the 2 WORST teams in baseball, yet to play. [thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]

You can't? Your "ace" is 0-2 to start the season while registering 3+ earned runs, and recording less than 3 K's or less, in back-to-back games, for the first time in his career. No worries, Met fans, you've got 38 games against the 2 WORST teams in baseball, yet to play. [thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]
Will you please stop with this stuff, looking foolish again. Divisions change drastically from year to year, and sure last year the NL East was bad, but check out 2012 and 2014. and I'd say the NL East was pretty close to the AL East.http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings/_/season/2012 You play who's on your schedule,that's all you can do,and of course the Mets had something to do with those teams having a bad record. This argument always comes up when teams fans know making the playoffs might be a struggle,blame how TOUGH the division is. Just like us Mets fans would bellyache about how much money the Yankees could spend on players and Mets owners were cheap.

Last edited:
No worries, Met fans, you've got 38 games against the 2 WORST teams in baseball, yet to play. [thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]

I still can't believe that the Metsies are blessed to have on their schedule roughly 25% of their games vs. the two worst teams in baseball. What a bummer it must be for them that the Marlins appear to be an improved ballclub.

Phillies starters looking good so far this year, their top 3 young starters combining for 54 Ks and just 5 walks in 41 innings. Admittedly it has come against some bad offenses, but that's excellent no matter who the team is. The team still has holes and Velasquez will likely be on an innings limit, but I think they won't be one of the 2 worst teams in baseball this year.

Phillies starters looking good so far this year, their top 3 young starters combining for 54 Ks and just 5 walks in 41 innings. Admittedly it has come against some bad offenses, but that's excellent no matter who the team is. The team still has holes and Velasquez will likely be on an innings limit, but I think they won't be one of the 2 worst teams in baseball this year.
17ks today by Velasquez. And I believe the first complete game by a starting pitcher in the majors this year.

//////what a crappy thread. Met and Yankee thread? Why
don't we have a Rutgers and Syracuse thread?
Why would the best fan base in the world want to share
space with a bunch of losers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT