ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OJ Died

OJ's trial put the Kardasian family on the national map lol

Too young to have watched OJ play, but his highlights were truly awesome.

Reactions: newell138
Gone, OJ, gone!

(sorry, just popped into my head when I saw this)

Lawyer Robert Barnes has the facts I believe.
Goldman was the target
The knife wounds were gang type
OJ was astonishingly mostly clean of blood.
The few drops strategically found were planted by corrupt cop (probably slur throwing Mark Fuhrman).

The Breakdown

• Haha
Reactions: bac2therac
smartest move of the defense was OJ not taking his pills for 2 weeks and realizing the wet gloves would shrink in evidence.

He's guilty beyond any doubt when you see all the facts not presented or disallowed in the gov't trial. POS, he's certainly in hell

I find it hard to believe that this is real, but whoever Brenden Dilly is (he does have a blue check), he tweeted a screen shot of OJ's last tweet that said "I just want y'all to know, I did that sh!t". He says it was deleted immediately by his family.

Have to assume it was fake, but still...

• Wow
Reactions: newell138
He never finished his book about finding the real killer.

images
now he can look in hell and if some reasding this message don't believe in it, just say OJ will be sending out the worms infesting his body to look for the invisible imaginary killer

The verdict was revenge for the Rodney King fiasco (among other bad things the LAPD had done), along with a shoddy prosecution team and high-powered defense attorney's.

Regardless, at the end of the day, everybody meets The Maker
I cannot resist quoting from a Chris Rock skit on "how not to get your ass kicked by the police," . "We all know what happened to Rodney King. But Rodney wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked if he had just followed this simple rule: when you see flashing red lights, stop the car. Everybody knows that if the police have to come get you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them."

Sorry for the irrelevancy!

Marcia Clark, the lead prosecutor, has said that she thinks O.J. could never have been convicted because of his roots in the black community. But of course she'd say that because that deflects criticism of her poor performance. Starting with the domestic violence tape, for instance, was a terrible mistake that distracted from the murder.

Reactions: goru1869
I cannot resist quoting from a Chris Rock skit on "how not to get your ass kicked by the police," . "We all know what happened to Rodney King. But Rodney wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked if he had just followed this simple rule: when you see flashing red lights, stop the car. Everybody knows that if the police have to come get you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them."

Marcia Clark, the lead prosecutor, has said that she thinks O.J. could never have been convicted because of his roots in the black community. But of course she'd say that because that deflects criticism of her poor performance. Starting with the domestic violence tape, for instance, was a terrible mistake that distracted from the murder.
Not arguing any of that
Just saying we all know why what happened, happened
Right or wrong, it's as plain as day

The verdict was revenge for the Rodney King fiasco (among other bad things the LAPD had done), along with a shoddy prosecution team and high-powered defense attorney's.

Regardless, at the end of the day, everybody meets The Maker
As I recall, and per everything I've read since, the prosecution team did a good job and in any other situation, there was far more empirical evidence to convict than needed.

The place where the errors were made was the lab team (whatever they're called) who made errors in collecting crime scene evidence, which the defense lawyers immediately had thrown out. But even without that, there was a preponderance of evidence.

Maybe I am misremembering...

As I recall, and per everything I've read since, the prosecution team did a good job and in any other situation, there was far more empirical evidence to convict than needed.

The place where the errors were made was the lab team (whatever they're called) who made errors in collecting crime scene evidence, which the defense lawyers immediately had thrown out. But even without that, there was a preponderance of evidence.

Remember that in a criminal prosecution, preponderance of the evidence is not enough; a conviction requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt. The civil case was successful because only a preponderance of the evidence is needed there, and so O.J. was held liable.

Having as an investigator a cop who lied about his past statements about race was a big problem for the prosecution in convincing a mostly-black jury.

OJ's trial put the Kardasian family on the national map lol

Too young to have watched OJ play, but his highlights were truly awesome.

Ha ha, yeah, I've never understood how their father being a member of OJ's defense team was a springboard for that family into mainstream media stardom.

As to your second sentence -- the man was as popular as can be while playing and acting. Everybody loved that dude. I still think of him when I'm hurrying through an airport...

That was bs. OJ Simpson was hardly revered in the black community in the last quarter of his life. He might have started off there but he was gone long before. I was already a Bills fan before OJ was drafted and like many kids back then he was the man to me. The Juice. 30 years later The Juice was gone. All poured out. And O.J. Simpson was viewed by many as a sellout.

Reactions: miket007

Christopher Darden said they made a mistake rushing the case before the DNA stuff was even done.
He also lamented having 9 black jurors (said most he ever had was 6)
Marcia Clark didn't like the glove tactic.

DAs never looked comfortable - more like high school history teachers debating VDH about WWII.
Fuhrman lying to F Lee Baily about not using the racial slurs was understandably a problem for jurors.
Personally I had no real opinion at the time - aside from lack of a blood soaked OJ (big problem for most jurors).

In later years I started hiking/camping and buying knives, packs and such.
I've got around 18 knives and hatchets and one thing I learned is that 95% of knives are designed more like tools than murder weapons. Some are good for batoning, chopping, cutting paracord etc and others are good for skinning or slicing. A serrated edge is not a slicer ideally. Military knives are usually all-arounds. I think a well maintained kitchen knife can kill better than a pocket knife or KA-BAR

Because Nicole Brown was practically decapitated people assume the attacker was big and strong. I would say killer had a really sharp blade and knew how to use it. People don't realize just how sharp a good knife can be. People like criminals who use knives on others also know to slice. People can get their guts spilled in 2 seconds.

A trained knife/sword fighter uses both stabbing and slashing. Stabbing is lethal but slashing causes faster blood loss and unconsciousness. A stabbed person can still rally. Looking at all the blood and slashing in murders I can see someone knew what they were doing and not just raging.

I also learned a lot about restaurants. Restaurant workers can be like rock bands when it comes to drugs and wayward lifestyles. It would not surprise me at all if Goldman was into drug scene.

I also had a HS friend serve 17 years for a murder he didn't commit (confession and DNA cleared him) - sketchy interrogation was used. There are cops and DAs that want convictions just a little too much - especially where a celeb is concerned. In LA every third person has a script and/or an acting class. Fhurman is 100% the type to hang a celeb out to dry in order to become famous.

z1GD1CS.jpeg

Reactions: dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT