ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Phil Mickelson

But common sense here would indicate the media experts could be right.

Unless CW is paying a massive amount to broadcast these events, LIV can't survive on smallish TV payouts from a third tier TV network. Their own COO said months ago that they need a legit broadcast partner. None would take them on now so they were left with finding a lower tiered partner that maybe can show their product is viable for a major sports network down the road.

The details of the deal will tell us more but as of now, there aren't any leaks as to the financial details.
You want people to use common sense? Your a sheep.

LOL. I was just thinking about this. We are about to dump Verizon to go to YouTube TV. Is CW on that platform? I don't watch CW so I have no idea. Haha.
Not sure it is. I have DirectTV Stream and have a package they no longer offer. They are increasing prices this month. As a result and I checked out the packages on all the major streaming services. I seem to recall only Fubu had CW. I did a quick Google and it said CW is on Hulu+, YouTube, Fubu and DirectTV Stream. However know that is false for DirectTV Stream.

I decided to stay with DirectTV Stream because they are the only service that offers all the channels I need (including YES). Only real negative is no NFL Network/Redzone. Also, you can only get MSG on DirectTVStream and Fubu. I seem to recall you may live in south Jersey so that may be fine for you.

I thought YouTube was the best but once I saw they didn’t have YES or MSG, it was a no go. Plus I saw a bunch didn’t even have History channel. Weird.

What’s the CW network?
I have no interest in LIV and will not watch.
I have no issues rooting for LIV player at a major if it’s a player I like

Reed's attorney is now threatening to sue CNN over an interview with Jake Tapper and Bob Costas where they talked about LIV. Klayman is a crack pot. I thought Reed was just kind of an ass but he seems to be a wackjob too following the conspiracies this attorney is spewing.

Looks like the TV obstacle has been eliminated
LIV and the CW Network ( ranked 25th among broadcast networks in the United States in 2022 but available in 120 million U.S. homes) reached a deal for Saturday and Sunday play and Friday streaming.
Believe the rumor of LIV paying to shown has proved false by this deal, but CW isn't buying the TV rights only sharing advertisement revenue with the LIV while the LIV helps them drum up businesses to advertise during LIV play.

Foot in door now and a make it or break it opportunity. to either prove it will pull in viewers or go down the tubes because of no one looking

LIV and the CW Network ( ranked 25th among broadcast networks in the United States in 2022 but available in 120 million U.S. homes) reached a deal for Saturday and Sunday play and Friday streaming.
Believe the rumor of LIV paying to shown has proved false by this deal, but CW isn't buying the TV rights only sharing advertisement revenue with the LIV while the LIV helps them drum up businesses to advertise during LIV play.

Foot in door now and a make it or break it opportunity. to either prove it will pull in viewers or go down the tubes because of no one looking
I’m going to guess businesses that will buy time are all Saudi related.

I’m going to guess businesses that will buy time are all Saudi related.
could be that, plus some not related now but want to get in bed with them.along with some who just feel pitching their products during tour coverage will help their profit margin more then be hurt by consumers that want nothing to do with the Saudis and the backlash of 9/11 Survivor group protesters wanting people to boycott their product for their helping the LIV and the perceived sportswash it's doing

Yeah it's not exactly as bad as paying a network to cover their events. But it's clear, as you said, it's a trial balloon to see if they can get enough eyeballs to make a real network make a play for them.

As jtung hints, it's going to be interesting to see who actually buys ad time for their events.

Comparing the names in LIV tournaments to those who played in the Sony PGA event last weekend I believe that most golf fans will rather watch LIV if it is on tv.
might be, but the LIV might not get by with just some big names and you can bet the PGA will try to have names in every tourney broadcasted when the LIV is on TV

Comparing the names in LIV tournaments to those who played in the Sony PGA event last weekend I believe that most golf fans will rather watch LIV if it is on tv.
if You want names, watch the champion’s tour. Cam and DJ should clean up.

van Rooyen loves the jogger pants and has worn them for years. I haven't seen what he's wearing today. Does he still have the Rollie Fingers mustache going?

Not me….
I don’t even watch golf outside of the 4 majors, Kapalua, The Memorial, The Players Championship, The Fed Ex series and the Ryder Cup.
I understand what you mean by weak fields… but I have no interest in LIV.
Wouldn’t get in my car to watch locally either😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT