ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Place to grab a quick lunch near MetroPark?

RULoyal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
The wife and I are picking my daughter up at MetroPark and want to grab lunch nearby. My daughter is a seafood/veggie person. Any suggestions?

I 2nd LouCas as a good option. Great place, decent prices and large portions. I believe it's a BYOB.

If you want very simple, there is Brooklyn Boys Pizza in same complex.

I 2nd LouCas as a good option. Great place, decent prices and large portions. I believe it's a BYOB.

If you want very simple, there is Brooklyn Boys Pizza in same complex.

LouCas is definitely good. Another choice is Bistro 2 Go. The food is high quality with a variety of salads, salad bar, soups and gourmet sandwiches. It is on the same side of Rt. 27 as Metropark. one or two lights closer to Metuchen. Small strip mall with Dominos Pizza.

Menlo Park Mall is pretty close too - food court with tons of options, Cheesecake Factory, Fox and the Hound, Havana Central, Nordstrom's Cafe. Also as someone said if you like Indian food you are pretty much in the capital for that as Iselin is right there - just drive on Oak Tree Road and you will have a hundred options.

Not sure they qualify as 'quick', but you might want to try the Kona Grill on southbound Route 1 (5 minutes north of MET in Woodbridge). I also like LouCas.

Not sure they qualify as 'quick', but you might want to try the Kona Grill on southbound Route 1 (5 minutes north of MET in Woodbridge). I also like LouCas.

....and if you are willing to go that far Jose Tejas is about a half mile north on Rt. 1.

LouCas is great - but never a quick lunch. There is a nice pizzeria up the on wood ave and oaktree called Oakwood Pizza (by the Burgerking).

also by Menlo park there are several quick biote places - Panera etc.

Oak Tree Road is Little India, plenty of Indian restaurants to choose from. You mentioned your daughter is vegetarian, Try Bombay Talk, 1358 Oak Tree Rd., Iselin, NJ. Bustling spot for vegetarian fare from Bombay including snacks, sandwiches & Indo-Chinese dishes.

I worked and lived in the Metropark area for years. Can't go wrong with Lou Cas or Cass Guiseppe.
Was surprised at a couple of bad reviews there. We have our holiday party there every year, and every time we go there, they treat us like royalty. Food is great too. Everybody we bring there loves it.

"quick lunch " is the operative word. By all means Lou cas is great - eaten there several times - but it is not a place to rush in and out.

Jose's is one of my favorite places but it's no good if you want a "quick lunch."

Actually Tejas is probably the fastest one of a sit down restaurant of all the ones mentioned here. That particular one in Woodbridge is on a wait a lot so the waiters are more apt to 'turn and burn' you meaning they are trying to get you out as fast as possible (without you knowing it) so they can get another table sat there as soon as possible. If you don't want to have a sit down dinner then Menlo Park food court, Panera (even though they can def drag when they get busy) or a pizza joint is probably the way to go.

A whole bunch of places in Metuchen too, Haileys Pub, Mariachi (Mexican), Fusia (new), Phatra (new Thai), plus the normal assortment of Pizza places.

Its also one train stop away from Metro Park.

You guy's have quite a large lunch.
Normally I have a Yogurt cup, 2 rice cakes, a Laughing Cow Cheese wedge and maybe a cup of grapes.
I've gone to LouCas for dinner and it was good.

You guy's have quite a large lunch.
Normally I have a Yogurt cup, 2 rice cakes, a Laughing Cow Cheese wedge and maybe a cup of grapes.
I've gone to LouCas for dinner and it was good.
I'll see your lunch and lower it.
A homemade salad with balsamic vinagrette dressing and a yogurt cup.
Working to outdo that Kardashian selfie that was the subject of a thread. Stay tuned and BYOBB.

Others have mentioned LouCas which is great, but not fast, and Brooklyn Boys Pizza/Italian, which is great and fast (my favorite pizza in Central Jersey and great subs, too). And tons of great Indian places right up the road on Green St./Oak Tree Rd. in Iselin/Edison (I like Urban Spice, which is very close to 27).

Maybe I missed it, but in the exact same strip mall (SE corner of 27/Parsonage Rd. intersection) there's Meemah's, which is a fabulous mix of Chinese and Malaysian - great food and fast. Try the golden ginger chicken or the fried kway teow and you won't be disappointed.

My fave Indian spot in new jersey and close to metropark is Rasoi. Really good
Rasoi is pretty good, but you might want to try Delhi Garden if you haven't yet. It's a little take-out only place on 27 in south Edison (1/2 mile south of Plainfield Ave) and it's easily my favorite Indian place in the area, which is saying something. I'm guessing we've tried at least a dozen places in the Edison/Iselin area, the epicenter of Little India, and have been eating Indian regularly for almost 30 years, starting at Ashoka, the first Indian restaurant on Green St. in Iselin back in the late 80s (my old Indian roommate took me there back then and it was our go-to spot for 20+ years until they closed, when the old man retired).

Anyway, I don't know if I've ever had better prepared/spiced Indian food - everything is nearly perfect, which is why they got 5 stars from me on Yelp - and they have a 4.5 star average, with over 130 reviews, which is extraordinary. The curries and tikka and pakoras and samosas and naans are all amazing, as are the tandoori dishes - haven't had a meal that was less than very good in the last several years (we get takeout there at least once a month).

https://www.yelp.com/biz/delhi-garden-edison?osq=indian+restaurant

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT