ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

8799689441310.png

wurzburger-hofbrau.jpg

Reactions: Jm0513 and fsg2
In Belgium right now and my had my first Flandrien Super 8. From Haacht Brewery in Boortmeerbeek between Mechelen and Lueven, two off my favorite cities.

Enjoyed this while in Rome recently. There is also a darker, unfiltered version that I liked even better. This, Peroni and Moretti were available at all the little grocery stores in Trestevere, where we stayed, so I went with this because I've had the others here.

Reactions: Tango Two
Not normally a sour beer guy but had 2 that were awesome on tap at The Greene Turtle in North Brunswick. Heavy Reel’s Luvv Orange Creamsicle and Bolero Bullmana Cream Pi. Probably enjoyed them because they had some sweetness to balance out the sour. Definitely a sour to try for those who normally don’t go for that style.

You going to westvleteren?
I'll be cycling right by it tomorrow. The Abbey Saint Sixtus, Trappist Westvleteren is not open to the public. Beers sales are by lottery only and those that win must register their car to arrive and pick up their order. However I will be stopping by Brouwerij St. Bernardus on my way back to Ypres. Today is Het Anker in Mechelen. Thursday OMER in Kortrijk.
Haven't had a Westvleteren 12 yet this trip yet but will have at least two before the week is over.

Last edited:
Had my first OMER this week at the Brewourji. Delicious. Also had a Westvleteren 8. What shocked me that it had a label. The guess is that they had to present the alcohol content.
Was in Roubaix, France and found a small brewourji making IPAs. Enjoyed their double IPA very much. Talked with the owner for a good while. Talked about where he is getting his hops and surprisingly most from Poperinge region in Belgium, the hops capital for the country. Some of the hops farms are starting to dedicate land for all the hops that make different IPA. Still very limited compared to the US.
Some pictures below. First one is the Westvleteren with the label. Just hit the links. (site wouldn't upload) then hit the arrows to see others. The last 3 are of Kwaremont, named after one of most famous cobblestone hills in the world of cycling. The glass has a carved cyclist going up hill and the base has a cobblestone look.

Last edited:
Went to Sunken Silo Brewery in Lebanon a week or so ago, great place, really good beers, nice area. I will be running a 15k for autism next Saturday 4/29 at Bundt Park in Lebanon, hope to maybe go back to Sunken Silo again. The Sunken Silo Bearded Flannel Cat a hazy IPA was really good as well as their Hop Me Rhonda, a tasty double IPA.

Going to Finback Brewery in Brooklyn on May 6th, with the cycling crew, day before Five Boro Bike Tour.
Has anyone ever been there?

ci-einstok-icelandic-arctic-lager-966d41f952229c7f.jpeg

Reactions: RU#1fan
Stay Away.. that is all.. supposed to be a white.. tasted more like a sour.. (yeah, I finished it anyway.. I'm stubborn and cheap).. they had no decent drafts.. well.. the amber was good enough... but was really in the mood for a hefeweizen or white and this was the best they could do. Damn IPA lineup expansion stikes again.

looks so much better than it drank...
sailfish-wit.jpg

1186_2006-09-23_Ettaler_Curator_Dunkler_Doppelbock.jpg

Finally had a Troons (IPA Boundless Domains) for first time yesterday and it was so great. I want more!

364204224_499833402342393_6871026153314210596_n.jpg
Nice, I only had Troon once as well and it was very good. I just left the Joe Canals in Lawrenceville and already see a bunch of Octoberfest and fall/pumpkin beers. Seems earlier and earlier every year

Reactions: Ronnie_B
I was able to get two cases of Stille Nacht. Doesn't sound like much but it's a great win for my store. There is no other store in Philadelphia
5 counties that has it for sale retail. The famous Monk's Cafe had it on tap (presumably will return) and in bottles. (Bottles vintages are 2015, 2015, 2023)
Check out RateBeer's rating.

• Wow
I was able to get two cases of Stille Nacht. Doesn't sound like much but it's a great win for my store. There is no other store in Philadelphia
5 counties that has it for sale retail. The famous Monk's Cafe had it on tap (presumably will return) and in bottles. (Bottles vintages are 2015, 2015, 2023)
Check out RateBeer's rating.
And now it's gone...just kidding. Are you guys placing any restrictions on the sale of it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT