ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Returning for his 9th season of college football

He plays, but doesn't seem to be a star. He apparently got his undergrad degree and a master's while he was still at Oregon, so he must be going for another graduate degree. The kid (OK, not a kid anymore 🙂) must really love playing football.

Not the intent of medical redshirts. Absolutely ridiculous that this guy gets 4 additional years and we have had guys that couldn’t get 1.
Naseim Brantley must be like:

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

That’s why I love these college girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age, yes they do.

• Haha
Reactions: newell138

2016 Redshirt
2017 7 games
2018 1 game(injury)
2019 DNP
2020 DNP
2021 2 games(injury)
2022 13 games
2023 13 games
36 games, 26 receptions, 231yds, 4TDs

Sat out pretty much most of 5 of the first 6 years in college
Early enrollee in January 2016, will turn 26 in April.

This guy is 25 yo and may go up against 17 yo kids.

How long until we get to 10?
He's younger them most of these "yutes" 😉
Top 5 oldest active college football players of 2023 feat. Bo Nix, Matt Ganyard and more
>At 34, UVA kicker Matt Ganyard is currently the oldest active D1 college football player this season, according to UVAToday. The father of two is currently enrolled in the UVA Darden School of Business, after having earned his degree from the same university way back in 2011.

He tried out for the team during his undergraduate years but was cut in 2009. He then proceeded to serve time in the U.S. Marines as a helicopter pilot. After being discharged, he returned to Virginia to enroll in Darden, and things have picked up from there.

Ganyard has certainly been around, which makes him top this list.<

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college...layers-2023-feat-bo-nix-matt-ganyard-and-more

just saw this story... O M G.. he may finish in college and be older than some who play their last year in the NFL, aging out of theirvprofessions.

How long until this becomes justified as common practice? How long before the "need" to take classes is done away with and the college game is just a probleague?

They need a hard age cutoff. 24 or 25 max regardless of circumstances.
The one caveat I would make would be if someone served in the military directly out of high school. I think I read about a guy who did that and was playing college football in his late 20's. Other than that, I'm on board with your idea.

2016 Redshirt
2017 7 games
2018 1 game(injury)
2019 DNP
2020 DNP
2021 2 games(injury)
2022 13 games
2023 13 games
36 games, 26 receptions, 231yds, 4TDs

Sat out pretty much most of 5 of the first 6 years in college
Early enrollee in January 2016, will turn 26 in April.
There’s should be a rule on players who have as many “season ending injuries” as career TDs. Some of his teammates from his freshman year are about to have Middle School kids

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
The one caveat I would make would be if someone served in the military directly out of high school. I think I read about a guy who did that and was playing college football in his late 20's. Other than that, I'm on board with your idea.

More than one. I can remember one at Colorado and one at Dartmouth.

Reactions: RUDave_01
With NIL I assume we will see more of this...not 9 years...but guys will try to extend as long as possible if they probably think they will not make it in the NFL.

I played with a guy (Bruce Young) at Colorado and he was 28. He went into the military for several years, then to a JUCO where Colorado found him.

Reactions: RUDave_01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT