ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Bob Saget

So is the consensus that the Orlando police and coroner are hiding something or incompetent

Why would they hide the possibility it was an assault

Thanks for the info. At the risk of causing White Bus' head to explode (no offense, White Bus!), that Daily Mail article had what is purported to be an image of the actual autopsy report, and and interesting graphic:

54135371-10507929-image-a-20_1644765327117.jpg

54135339-10507929-image-a-27_1644760792530.jpg

The fractures of the skull were quite extensive:
"C. Linear fracture of the base of the skull involving the right occipital bone and right temporal bone
D. Comminuted fractures of the roofs of the orbits involving the bilateral frontal bone
E. Bilateral partial periorbital ecchymoses.
H. Contrercoup contusions involving the bilateral frontal lobes and bilateral temportal lobes"

C, D and E mean he fractured two thick bones on the back of his skull and the "comminuted fractures" of his orbits"

Nice graphic by CNN:

54135331-10507929-image-a-28_1644760808007.jpg

Some links below: "Most roof fractures are associated with other orbital/facial fractures and result from significant head trauma, as a high degree of force is required to fracture this portion of the orbit. The frontal sinus is often involved. Large comminuted displaced orbital roof fractures are often associated with severe head and face trauma (including higher rates of intracranial hemorrhage)." "Patients who sustain any trauma to the head are at risk for orbital roof fractures. In adults, the traumatic event is typically associated with greater energy transfer (e.g. unhelmeted motorcycle accident or falls from height)."

In plain English, the rear of Bob Saget's head was hit very hard, and he had fractured bones on the back and front of his head.

On the "contrecoup contusions," Wikipedia has this to say:

"Contrecoup injuries are produced when the moving head strikes a stationary object." "The exact mechanism for the injuries, especially contrecoup injuries, is a subject of much debate. In general, they involve an abrupt deceleration of the head, causing the brain to collide with the inside of the skull. It is likely that inertia is involved in the injuries, e.g. when the brain keeps moving after the skull is stopped by a fixed object or when the brain remains still after the skull is accelerated by an impact with a moving object."

360px-Coup_injury.jpg

Coup contrecoup injury.

The problem I have with the statement of Dr. Gavin Britz from the Daily Mail article is is that he said this is something he finds with someone with a baseball bat to the head or who has fallen 20 or 30 feet. While his experience can be taken at face value, it is speculative, and the baseball bat comment only fuels conspiracy theorists.

If Bob Saget was indeed attacked or killed by someone with a baseball bat, one would think that in relatively quiet Orlando, Florida in a nice hotel, there would have been enough noise so that police would have been called. Plus, as detailed below, the police had no evidence of foul play, and the room was orderly.

Dr. Megan Ranney was also quoted in the article from her tweets, and she does not appear to be incorrect in her opinion that "This is not a "slip & fall". This is not a minor concussion. This is MAJOR head trauma. PS: this doesn't mean it was INTENTIONAL trauma, either. But this is more than just "I whacked my head on the kitchen cabinet."" Dr Ranney is at Brown University.

It would have been up to Bob Saget's wife to ask for a more thorough investigation. Obviously, this was not sought. They were satisfied with the conclusion that he fell and hit the back of his head really hard, causing extensive fractures and bruising on the back and front of his head.

Some more details on his final hours:

"According to new reports, the ‘Full House’ star checked into the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Orlando, Florida staying for a couple of days. On Sunday, the comedian arranged for a late checkout, but never exited the room. An hour after the arranged time, housekeeping staff entered the room and found him unresponsive in his bed.

At this point, a “housekeeping manager” tried performing CPR on the comedian after calling 911. Paramedics rushed to the scene but pronounced him dead once they arrived. Orange County Sheriff’s Department conducted an initial investigation into the death, including transferring his body to the Medical Examiner’s Office after several hours. Authorities released a statement following the death, saying there were no signs of foul play…or drug use."

Bob Saget sent a Tweet at 3:42 a.m. Jan. 9:

"Saget, who died in an Orlando hotel room Sunday, was found in his bed with his left arm across his chest and his right arm resting on the bed with no signs of trauma, according to the incident report.

According to the report, “Mr. Saget used his room key to enter the room at 02:17 hours” on Sunday."

"The report said that OCFR declared the male, later identified as Bob Saget, deceased at 16:18 hours (4:18 p.m. local time).

Crime scene tape was placed, and the deputy began his investigation, according to the report.

“My BWC (Body Worn Camera) was activated while I checked the immediate area for signs of foul play,” Gonzalez said in the report. “It should be noted none were found.”

“The room itself was orderly with items owned by Mr. Saget on the nightstand, television stand, closet and bathroom,” Gonzalez said in the report.

According to the report, Saget was due to check out of his room Sunday and his family had been unable to reach him. "

MY GUESS- he fell in the bathroom and hit the back of his head really hard on the tile floor?

Why would I go nuts on this report?? The statements back up that he wasn't killed by a bat unless he fell on a stationary bat.

Why would I go nuts on this report?? The statements back up that he wasn't killed by a bat unless he fell on a stationary bat.
Boy do you have rocks in your head. Just continue to ignore the evidence if it keeps you in your happy place.

So is the consensus that the Orlando police and coroner are hiding something or incompetent

Neither.
There does not seem to be any consensus, other than the injuries do not seem consistent with a mild fall. But taking the evidence that the cleaning person found him, his bags were packed, the room was neat and orderly and his bags were packed by the door, there were no signs of drugs or foul play, and by the news reports, the family appeared to be satisfied with the investigation, the authorities did not investigate further. End of story.

Bob Saget seemed to have a lot of friends and cannot think of an instance of him having enemies. He was widely thought of as a kind and caring person. Seems to be no reason to dig further.

whitebus has obviously had a bunch of falls
At least I'm not delusional. So when did you join the conspiracy theory crowd? JFK, the Moon Landings, 9/11 wasn't real? How stupidly deep are you into it. Along with the aluminum foil do you wear antennas? I mean you have must have lost all your long time friends as you are bats ass crazy!

There have to be 20 to 30 people involved in this so called cover-up. A successful coverup can't survive less then a handful of people involved.

My daily work in reading and writing patents includes parsing through a lot of technical information, which should be understandable to lay people (judges/juries). I was also an EMT for a while and I am still peripherally involve in EMS. I like medical information, but I have to say some of the language and writing is more difficult to parse through than a lot of the material I handle at work.

I re-read what you edited in your original post and immediately above- you think the extent of his injuries are theoretically possible, but would be very rare. Maybe we could ask a volunteer take a hard fall backward on a tile surface to verify if such injuries are possible ? (kidding) 🤕
Yes. Originally I thought he had Comminuted occipital fractures which is basically "hit w bat" but then saw it was linear occipital fxr w/comminuted orbital which is more realistic but still rare w/ this scenario.
The same transmitted contracoupe forces that cause anterior brain contusion can cause fragmentation of the naturally vulnerable orbital areas w/o sustaining direct impact.
That's one heck of a slip & fall. I wonder how slippery those bathtubs were because hotels tubs are notoriously slippery but maybe that's just my experience.

Isn’t it?

I had this argument when John Madden died at 80 and someone called it “unexpected”.
Isn’t current life expectancy 72?
Even lower than that the further back you were born?

Can’t call a death “unexpected” when you are nearing life expectancy or past it.
Jesus you people don't care one iota about the truth. Madden died at 85, not 80.

Reactions: NickRU714
Depends on the individual. Sure Madden was 80, but if he was doing fine otherwise, had check-ups, etc. and just didn’t wake up one day, then yes, it’s unexpected. Just a matter of speech really. If someone has cancer or end-stage heart failure then it may fall under the expected category.
85**

Maybe we could ask a volunteer take a hard fall backward on a tile surface to verify if such injuries are possible ? (kidding) 🤕

Been there, done that. Not fun. Didn‘t have head injuries as severe as Sagat‘s but enough to keep me hospitalized for three days.

In my hotel room in the middle of the night I woke up to use the bathroom, then blacked out while washing my hands, fell backwards and cracked my head on the tile floor. Woke up on the floor. Dazed and confused I stumbled to my bed. Luckily, I woke up about two hours later, gathered my wits and called down to the front desk for help. The security guard needed about 30 seconds to recognize that I needed to get to a hospital.

I have different conditions that Sagat had but like him I‘m at risk for fainting and blackouts. Bathrooms and kitchens are the worst places to be when they happen. (SHI stadium seating - all metal, concrete and hard edges - isn’t far behind 🥺)

Sagat had medical conditions, fell, and hit his head. Then laid down in his bed. It happens. No need for crazy conjecture.

Last edited:
I just followed the evidence to its obvious conclusion.
you believe whatever the media tells you even though an intelligent person could see they are plainly lying
Uh-huh.

What evidence are you working with, I wonder? Have you seen the police report? The ME report? Any other evidence?

The f‘in autopsy report you jackass. It’s plain he didn’t die from a slip and fall
Jackass? 🤣 What are you, 13 years old?

Doesn't the Chief ME's report conclude that the death was accidental?

"His injuries were most likely incurred from an unwitnessed fall. A toxicology analysis did not reveal any illicit drugs or toxins. The manner of death is accident."
- Chief Medical Examiner Joshua Stephany, MD

Has that guy changed his mind since then? Or are you claiming, despite having no relevant experience or education, and despite not having been present to examine the body, or the hotel room, in person, that you know magically better than the educated, trained, and experienced professional who actually examined him?

Do you have a copy, or a link to a copy, of the ME's report? Or has one been posted elsewhere in this thread?

And here's one more very simple question for you. Why do you care how he died?

but I do have some medical education. I read the report & it was obvious the findings don’t support the conclusion. It definitely wasn’t a heart attack and it ain’t no slip and fall. every body has some post mortum swelling. His injuries as described in the report were so severe that his face would have grotesque swelling. I don’t know how they could possibly initially call it a heart attack.

& its not important to me-I’m just interested why an obvious assault leading to death is being covered up.

it bothers me that there are people like you and whitebus that are so easily fooled and manipulated by the media

Is the media reporting something that is not the conclusion of the medical examiner?

but I do have some medical education. I read the report & it was obvious the findings don’t support the conclusion. It definitely wasn’t a heart attack and it ain’t no slip and fall. every body has some post mortum swelling. His injuries as described in the report were so severe that his face would have grotesque swelling. I don’t know how they could possibly initially call it a heart attack.

& its not important to me-I’m just interested why an obvious assault leading to death is being covered up.

it bothers me that there are people like you and whitebus that are so easily fooled and manipulated by the media
Where did I say I had drawn any conclusions at all about it? You're the one reaching a conclusion, not me. And I don't speak for WhiteBus.

I've seen nothing but speculation and conjecture and none of what I've heard is enough to overrule the ME's conclusion (or the ME would alter his conclusions). There's an ongoing investigation, so we'll see what happens.

This head injury is more severe than most that occur from a fall that one can get up and get into bed with. It's unusual, but not impossible. The Kennedy bullet did all sorts of inexplicable and weird stuff. But I'm unpersuaded that there was more than a single shooter (although I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there was a small conspiracy of people involved in the plan).

Anyway, weird shit happens. That doesn't mean it's a conspiracy.

Reactions: Knight Shift
They are trying to report the same thing. However, you don’t have to accept it as true when it’s obviously not true.
If they reported their opinion that was different than what the ME reported wouldn’t that be problematic?

They are reporting the information coming from the ME along with his report and allowing individuals to make their own determination.
You are knee jerk making the assumption that those that don’t see a conspiracy are being lead by the media when they are just doing what you are doing. Making their own assessment based on the ME information

I just followed the evidence to its obvious conclusion.
you believe whatever the media tells you even though an intelligent person could see they are plainly lying
It's only obvious to you because you get your news from a Ouija board. Did you foil cap come out shinny and clean? What a clown 🤣🤣

Not really. It's a covid death.
I figured it out. It’s space aliens. Was an experiment gone wrong. Fits all the facts.

Cone to think of it, what better way to prep a world for invasion than to start a pandemic. I’m now 110% certain space aliens created COVID-19. There can be no other possible explanation.

I figured it out. It’s space aliens. Was an experiment gone wrong. Fits all the facts.

Cone to think of it, what better way to prep a world for invasion than to start a pandemic. I’m now 110% certain space aliens created COVID-19. There can be no other possible explanation.
That damm ET recruited sleeper agents before he called home , for a ride

Reactions: mildone
I have a question.. they know when he returned to the room 2AM and when he was found.. after 4PM.

Did he eat anything in the morning?

Do they have a time of death?

They can come up with all kinds of theories about what the autopsy says.. but I am curious as to what they KNOW. Get more facts. Was there a DO NOT DISTURB? How many calls were made to him and when, before they were asked to do a health check on the room? When was the last time he touched his phone? How long did it take him to get from Jacksonville back to the Orlando hotel? Did he have a driver?

They need to flesh this thing out if there is any question about the autopsy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT