ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Irene Cara

Will her death bring enough fame to the 800lb. gorilla?
Health is retail.One size doesn't fit all.

Reactions: AZBlues
Complications of uncontrolled hypertension with a side of uncontrolled diabetes. Lots of folks die due to POOR GUIDANCE OFFERED BY GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES SUCH AS THE FDA, WHO ARE BEHOLDEN TO BIG FOOD AND BIG PHARMA, COLLUDING TO MAKE PEOPLE SICK AND THEN SELL THEM DRUGS THAT MAKE THEM MORE SICK, WITH NO GUIDANCE TO ADDRESS THE ROOT PROBLEM. Very sad.

FIFY. Your industry does more harm than good. Pushing crap food on people as healthy. They get sick. Give them drugs to fix the problem with proper diet.

As usual, the NYT is on the wrong side of things, of course because they probably get huge advertising revenue from big food and big pharma:

Michelle Obama's advice was sadly cast aside. Last two Presidents shown eating ice cream and McDonalds. Terrible look:

and @bac2therac with more breaking news. She died last November. Her account posted the news back in November.

FIFY. Your industry does more harm than good. Pushing crap food on people as healthy. They get sick. Give them drugs to fix the problem with proper diet.

As usual, the NYT is on the wrong side of things, of course because they probably get huge advertising revenue from big food and big pharma:

Michelle Obama's advice was sadly cast aside. Last two Presidents shown eating ice cream and McDonalds. Terrible look:

and @bac2therac with more breaking news. She died last November. Her account posted the news back in November.
You sound like Ashokan with that conspiracy. Fat people make the decision to eat too much. Plenty of thin people have hypertension, like Irene Cara. Get your BP checked. Take your meds as per your HCP. And FYI, there are about 80-90 amazing anti-hypertension medications available, all generic that cost cents per pill.

Reactions: AZBlues and brgRC90
You sound like Ashokan with that conspiracy. Fat people make the decision to eat too much. Plenty of thin people have hypertension, like Irene Cara. Get your BP checked. Take your meds as per your HCP. And FYI, there are about 80-90 amazing anti-hypertension medications available, all generic that cost cents per pill.
Thanks for proving my point, pill-pushing shill that you are.

Some of us prefer diet and exercise to pills. My BP is fine.

Thanks for proving my point, pill-pushing shill that you are.

Some of us prefer diet and exercise to pills. My BP is fine.
116m people in the US have hypertension. Being fat is one of the leading causes of hypertension. Another big one? Getting older. Diet and exercise can't help with that. Listen to your HCP and take your meds as needed.

116m people in the US have hypertension. Being fat is one of the leading causes of hypertension. Another big one? Getting older. Diet and exercise can't help with that. Listen to your HCP and take your meds as needed.

"A Pinellas County, Florida medical examiner’s report indicates that Fame star Irene Cara’s official cause of death was Arteriosclerotic and Hypertensive Cardiovascular Disease. In layperson’s terms, she had a hardening of the arteries and stress on her heart as a result of high blood pressure."

63 is not old. Again, you are pushing meds for a condition that was more than likely caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. I had a HCP who kept threatening me with statins. Not once were questions asked about diet or exercise. I dumped that HCP.

Well, for once, a medical group has something in the correct order:

"The AHA says high blood pressure, anything above 130, is managed through careful monitoring by a doctor and lifestyle changes. These changes include eating well, limiting alcohol intake, regular physical activity, quitting smoking, stress management, maintaining a healthy weight, and taking medications correctly if necessary."

Medications are listed last. Unfortunately, many HCPs got to medications first.

Diet and exercise.

And this about her death:

“She was a recluse. She didn’t talk to anyone,” Roseann Nolan, who lived across the street from Cara, told The Post. “I didn’t even know it was her living there until a few years ago. It was the best-kept secret ever.”

“I’d text her or call her to invite her to come for a walk but I wouldn’t hear back for days,” Contreras told The Post. “And she’d never call back using her cellphone. She called from her computer because she was worried about privacy. She didn’t look well and she said she had health issues.”

The conspiracy theories are incredibly tiresome. Everyone thinks they're so smart they can "see through the veil to what's behind." So many people have become insanely arrogant in this country.

The conspiracy theories are incredibly tiresome. Everyone thinks they're so smart they can "see through the veil to what's behind." So many people have become insanely arrogant in this country.
Except I did not espouse any conspiracy theory. Instead, these are facts. The governmental authorities and medical associations are giving poor dietary guidance and promoting drugs and surgery over diet and exercise. Weird that you are bedfellows with T2K on this. Take a look in the mirror on insane arrogance.

Agreed. Knight has a chip on his shoulder on this topic for some reason. I've worked in pharma and biotech my entire career, including 15 years in cardio health and 10 years in hypertension directly. I never had a weekly meeting about how we can conspirer with government entities to make people fat.

Sad truth - many Americans are lazy and fat, so they do all the work themselves. Thankfully for them, our medications and treatments are available to protect them from their bad choices.

Reactions: AZBlues and brgRC90
Agreed. Knight has a chip on his shoulder on this topic for some reason. I've worked in pharma and biotech my entire career, including 15 years in cardio health and 10 years in hypertension directly. I never had a weekly meeting about how we can conspirer with government entities to make people fat.

Sad truth - many Americans are lazy and fat, so they do all the work themselves. Thankfully for them, our medications and treatments are available to protect them from their bad choices.
You are so dense and so wrong. Will say "collude" (I never said conspire) was the wrong word. But government guidance on food coupled with the crap advice doled out by doctors and medical associations (see the pediatrician MDs advice for obese children) together contribute to the epidemic of obesity, diabetes and related problems. No chip on my shoulder, these are facts. You are all giddy about the "lazy and fat" people who will take the crap pushed by their MDs.

Reactions: bac2therac
You sound like Ashokan with that conspiracy. Fat people make the decision to eat too much. Plenty of thin people have hypertension, like Irene Cara. Get your BP checked.

Nope - I've been following top experts in the field as well as having a years long odyssey embedded in the medical matrix (I knew CDC was garbage almost 20 years ago). The news media is almost entirely funded by drug companies so everything being echoed by the hive has to be seen against top experts who get treated worse than shoplifters if they stray from the plantation.

The herculean acts of suppression of rights and information is as much evidence of something wrong as a lab experiment.

Alas - now there is an MIT professor publicly highlighting problems and dangers. I expect he will soon be painted as fraud who conned MIT.

"Serious adverse events of special interest following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination in randomized trials in adults"

"Discussion: The excess risk of serious adverse events found in our study points to the need for formal harm-benefit analyses, particularly those that are stratified according to risk of serious COVID-19 outcomes."

Last edited:
You are so dense and so wrong. Will say "collude" (I never said conspire) was the wrong word. But government guidance on food coupled with the crap advice doled out by doctors and medical associations (see the pediatrician MDs advice for obese children) together contribute to the epidemic of obesity, diabetes and related problems. No chip on my shoulder, these are facts. You are all giddy about the "lazy and fat" people who will take the crap pushed by their MDs.
Your quote: "Your industry does more harm than good. Pushing crap food on people as healthy."

So, you think the pharma/biotech industry is responsible for what food people eat. LOL! That may be the dumbest post on this board in a very long time. Happy to agree that the government is awful and gives out awful advice. However, the main reason people get fat is due to their own bad choices. I'm happy you took personal responsibility to get healthy, but you shouldn't try to blame others.

Last edited:

I've heard the same thing about landlords. They're all in conspiracy to keep prices high. I must've been left out of the e-mail circles when I was an apartment building owner. Letters to local government officials to encourage more housing construction didn't even get a form letter in response.

Wasn't there actually briefly an effort to discourage the consumption of sugary drinks in Philadelphia and New York City--which are about the most unhealthy and obviously fattening things you can consume--that got little public support and were roundly shot down? Americans are begged to exercise more and eat less and they go right on eating too much and laying around.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
You're blaming doctors and government for obesity? For my entire lifetime they have been trying to get people to eat less and exercise more. They're not the ones who gave us Free Refills, Big Gulps and Heart Attack Grill. They're the ones who put smoking into decline, which has saved tens of millions of lives.

Reactions: AZBlues
Complications of uncontrolled hypertension with a side of uncontrolled diabetes. Lots of folks die due to not dealing with perfectly manageable conditions. Very sad.

But that doesn’t fit my crazy political narrative?!?! Der jab der

???? I posted this in November???

• Haha
Reactions: dvb91 and T2Kplus20
Does sound like a conspiracy theory. Obviously prevention is the best medicine when possible, but certain medical conditions, genetic predispositions, the unwillingness of individuals to practice the preventive methods/lifestyle changes, etc, often make medications necessary to help control a potentially harmful medical condition.

In my experiences at least, I've never seen a physician who didn't mention lifestyle changes if those changes have been clearly shown to benefit a medical condition, Knight Shift seems to feel that they never do. Not true.

Does sound like a conspiracy theory. Obviously prevention is the best medicine when possible, but certain medical conditions, genetic predispositions, the unwillingness of individuals to practice the preventive methods/lifestyle changes, etc, often make medications necessary to help control a potentially harmful medical condition.

In my experiences at least, I've never seen a physician who didn't mention lifestyle changes if those changes have been clearly shown to benefit a medical condition, Knight Shift seems to feel that they never do. Not true.
No, that is not what I said at all, and it is not a conspiracy theory. I said: "Your industry does more harm than good. Pushing crap food on people as healthy. They get sick. Give them drugs to fix the problem with proper diet."

I gave evidence that medical associations are recommending drugs such as Ozempic and surgery for children to address obesity. This is fact and terrible advice. The other part that is not conspiracy is the advice that is promoted by the the government and those advising the government.

For example, Tufts' new food compass, which was released last year. The Tufts group is led by a "renowned" nutrition research, who has advised the White house on nutrition. While the goals of the food compass are laudable, it produced some very odd results. Candy and sugary cereals rated higher than beef, chicken and eggs.

As far as physicians, I had a physician who never once gave dietary advice. The go to plan to address "high cholesterol" was to prescribe a statin. When I did the research and consulted with a board certified lipidologist, I was advised that a statin would have had adverse impacts for me. In addition, some family doctors are still basing decisions on LDL cholesterol, which is the wrong approach. apoB is the proper metric. When I went to a different family doctor, he said that he had never considered measuring apoB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT