ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Lou Dobbs

Wait so if someone dies but supported a candidate you hate one cannot post a thread

Interesting

Dobbs is notable for his work at the infancy of cable news. He is noteworthy for that and his longevity

Nah, but given your posting history there was a clear reason you posted it here (and not on the more applicable CE board). It's hilarious you are now playing the, "What me?" card. Dobbs WAS notable for his earlier work but in later life he became a partisan hack that pushed political lies that cost his employer hundreds of millions of dollars. You knew what you were doing when you posted this, hahahahahahaha.

I actually had no idea (or had forgotten about) Lou Dobbs' later history. Probably more forgot about it because I don't care or think of people that way. And your characterization of him is way over the top. He had a long media history that did not involve the last few years of his career. Boy is the NYT batshit crazy- caught a glimpse of their story on him.

bac has a point, it's amazing how people on the left love to demonize people who differ with their views, even in death. Let the man RIP. He didn't hurt anyone. He merely disagreed on a few things with the self-righteous MSM and those that feed from that trough.

The characterization of him is not over the top. He was a propagandist at the end of his career. That's not made up or exaggerated. He literally helped cost Fox millions in settlements over the various election conspiracies he propagated on air. He lied about Dominion and was a big reason Fox had to settle with them. He (and Fox) were also forced to settle another defamation lawsuit where he helped promote a conspiracy that some Venezuelan tampered with voting machines. He's also named in the Smartmatic case, which Fox is likely going to settle as well.

If Dobbs went on air every night and talked about limiting government and cutting taxes and other conservative issues, I'd have zero problem with him. But he didn't.

The characterization of him is not over the top. He was a propagandist at the end of his career. That's not made up or exaggerated. He literally helped cost Fox millions in settlements over the various election conspiracies he propagated on air. He lied about Dominion and was a big reason Fox had to settle with them. He (and Fox) were also forced to settle another defamation lawsuit where he helped promote a conspiracy that some Venezuelan tampered with voting machines. He's also named in the Smartmatic case, which Fox is likely going to settle as well.

If Dobbs went on air every night and talked about limiting government and cutting taxes and other conservative issues, I'd have zero problem with him. But he didn't.
Best post in thread.

All of it? He basically quoted the Time article he linked. Is Time insane drivel? I'm wondering what parts you disagree with. I don't dismiss stuff certain people post because I may generally disagree with a lot of stuff they post.

I'm kind of like this guy and get accused of being a both sider. Whatever. The fact is I agree and disagree with things on both sides.

The nutter twisted an excellent Time article about a coalition of conservatives/liberals who took action to ensure the 2020 election was fair. I am generally fine with listening to most points of view - especially those I disagree with.

However, when it comes to the 2020 election, I have NO use for ranters crying the election was fixed. Trump was and is a sore loser. He even accused Ted Cruz of rigging the 2016 GOP primaries.

This. 100%.

Reactions: RC1991 and Kbee3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

@Bob starts the personal insult spiral right about here.
That’s right ….a personal insult or a personal opinion? Funny how the posters who feign being horrified about certain posts have no issue doing exactly the same. Especially you .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT