ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Run for the Roses

Fierceness would dominate on his best but I'll go with consistency. Sierra Leone boxed with some bombs. Anyone in attendance? I've been to 3 Derbies but lost all patience with travel at my ripe old age. If you go, enjoy a bourbon and a brisket for me. Good luck.
Fierceness should win but he is really up and down. Went to 10 straight Derby's but it became too crowded even being able to hang out on the backside. The best food was from the backside cafe. Biscuits and sausage gravy at dawn in the morning! Awesome!
Still haven't settled in a horse yet.

Fierceness should win but he is really up and down. Went to 10 straight Derby's but it became too crowded even being able to hang out on the backside. The best food was from the backside cafe. Biscuits and sausage gravy at dawn in the morning! Awesome!
Still haven't settled in a horse yet.
Clearly the class of the field, thoughts on his chances from the post position and if Titus an off track?

The post will be difficult as he doesn't always break well. He ran once in the slop and finished 11th, but his wet-track Tomlinson fig is a respectable 388. Also, IMO his Beyers might not be all that reliable. The final times of his races are not so impressive. On his best day, he wuns by 5 but if they run this 5xs he probably loses 2. In a big field I need more consistency

Reactions: famousbill19
Went for my bachelor party, an absolute bucket list item. Was part owner of Authentic when he won in 2020 but was unable to attend due to COVID.

Reactions: ruinac
Going to box Forever Young and Sierra Leone. Fierceness Is the best horse but too up and down for me to take him at 5/2 in a twenty horse field. The La Derby runners are tosses.

I'm taking Stronghold. A Santa Anita Derby winner at 35-1 seems a mandatory play.

Going to box Forever Young and Sierra Leone. Fierceness Is the best horse but too up and down for me to take him at 5/2 in a twenty horse field. The La Derby runners are tosses.
Just missed

Reactions: ruinac
Is this the worst quality field this century?
There have been better and worse. Seemed like a mediocre field but jockey Brian Hernandez Jr ran a cagey "rail ride" race. I like the oversized starts in the K.Derby but its easy to get locked-in/locked-out. Hernandez was fortunate with a gate near the rail and he broke right for it . Then he kept clear of getting stuck and made a move at the turn to get ahead of the pack. Stayed out of the wash.

Announcers continue to be annoying with the exaggerated calls.

Rfv12wl.gif

v71Ajka.gif

Had the tri box 2-3-4-14. I'll need to pay more attention to the Japanese horses going forward

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT