ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dems started raising Money off Ruth before the body was cold

Ginsburg’s death draws big surge of donations to Democrats

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats raised more than $71 million in the hours after Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death, demonstrating how the liberal icon’s passing and the contentious nomination fight that lies ahead have already galvanized the party’s base.

The jaw-dropping sum was raised by 9 p.m. Saturday after news of her death broke late Friday, according to a donation ticker on the website of ActBlue, the party’s online fundraising platform.

and mitch announced he would replace her before the body was cold, as did trump. Yet you don't mention that. I wonder why???

If the situation was reversed, with a Dem president, would the Dems wait until after the election to replace a SCOTUS judge?

Or would they do it ASAP?
Of course the Dems would do it if the conditions allowed... and they'd make a big show as to why it was so important to do so. Dems want to find ways to eliminate the Electoral College without amending the Constitution.. which is the legal way to do it. Of course they'd replace her ASAP.

Of course the Dems would do it if the conditions allowed... and they'd make a big show as to why it was so important to do so. Dems want to find ways to eliminate the Electoral College without amending the Constitution.. which is the legal way to do it. Of course they'd replace her ASAP.
They tried to do it when the conditions didn’t even allow. PT will fill the seat. Just as they would have done.

Elections folks. They have consequences.

Reactions: BigWill
Of course the Dems would do it if the conditions allowed... and they'd make a big show as to why it was so important to do so.

As a true independent, I will agree with that. Both parties would try the shenanigans that Mitch McConnell got away with in 2016. But it's not what the founding fathers intended, in my opinion. The sitting president chooses the nominee, and the Senate approves/rejects. Period. There is none this nonsense about "election year" or "lame duck" in the Constitution.

I doubt it happens in my lifetime, but I really think it would be better for the country if politicians returned to the days when they put country first and party a distant second. Some of the younger posters may not even believe it was ever that way...

Reactions: bac2therac
Here's another way to look at the timing of this...
RBG had colon cancer in 1999 at age 67.

She had pancreatic cancer at nearly age 76 in January 2009... with Dems holding both houses and Obama about to be inaugurated.

RBG should have retired long ago now. But she held off for personal and then purely political reasons.

Last edited:
Here's another way to look at the timing of this... RBG should have retired long ago now. But she held off for purely political reasons. She should have retired as soon as Obama was elected. He had the House and Senate for 2 years... could have replaced her.
Would be a great choice either way. Be interesting to see the rabid frothing Libs go after a POC woman.

I don’t know think any of the above are appropriate, and they didn’t break any law.

That said, they should decline the nomination, and the weight of public opinion should be pushing them to that conclusion.
And they should do this and why ? Twaddle is as twaddle does...Your past leader was all for that... in fact his former lackey was for it as well. Hypocritical dreck.

Mosco Mitch may not have the votes anyway. We can only hope that there are 4 Republican Senators that have morals and keep this from happening.
Morals ? Twaddle says, “ this is not about morals.”

I hear possibility of increasing the Supreme Court to 15 judges, Statehood for Puerto Rico and Washington D

Trump trying to get the a Cuban Florida vote. Everything he does is for his election.
A politician doing things to get votes? No way!!!
Btw, she’s highly qualified. Shame on you for belittling this minority woman.

You heard that from AOc. Typical, libs lose, they try to change the game. That too will backfire, just like the nuclear option and Harry Reid. What a gift!! Big shout out Harry Reid!

I hear possibility of increasing the Supreme Court to 15 judges, Statehood for Puerto Rico and Washington D

Trump trying to get the a Cuban Florida vote. Everything he does is for his election.
A politicians motives fueled by their desire to stay in office - astonishing!

Yes, that's why he will pick Lagoa. Like all politicians. Dems would do the same thing if they could.

Also, she was vetted and confirmed with an 80-15 vote. It will be funny to watch all the reasons the Dems need to vote against her this time.

Yes, that's why he will pick Lagoa. Like all politicians. Dems would do the same thing if they could.

Also, she was vetted and confirmed with an 80-15 vote. It will be funny to watch all the reasons the Dems need to vote against her this time.

History will show that Harry Reid and RBG herself (by not retiring) handed this seat to the republicans.

History will show that Harry Reid and RBG herself (by not retiring) handed this seat to the republicans.
The incredible ego for her not to retire when she was 80 and had a slew of issues while Barry was prez is one of the most incredible things ever. They deserve to lose the seat. They gave it up.

Ok ... give up the supposed names of those working in congress with multiple Mods... this should be interesting if you are truthful ...” I have this on good authority.”

It's not Congress. It's NJ state politics, and if you mention who the person is you get banned. Everyone knows who it is anyway.

There is a group of them who all communicate offline to encourage each other to attack and troll. Odd behavior for grown men.

They're not "men." They're little boys in the bodies of men in their 40s and 50s who in decades have no achievements or personal connections that don't have to do with this board. And at least one of them is paid to be here.

Can someone recommend another Rutgers sports message board where there are less obnoxious, political trolls?

The mods have been asked *REPEATEDLY* to ban the individual that mocked the murder of a federal judge's son. The guy actually dropped from premium because the CE board was shut down. He wakes up at 6:30AM on the weekend to troll. They refuse to do anything because the paid poster wants him here.

This is going to be the election death knell for Dems. They are now inexorably embarked on an increasingly horrifying sequence of offensive actions that will shock the consciences of decent people and alienate swing voters en masse ala the Kavanaugh fiasco.

Great timing for reminding sane people what Dems are capable of and why they can’t be trusted with the levers of power anymore.

Kavanaugh gave us the House. This will give us the WH and the Senate. And then we'll pack the Court.

Do appreciate the prediction, considering you've been wrong about absolutely everything.

I have him on IGNORE, so I can't see what dopey stuff he posted this time. But I've told band burkha boy so many times that he should limit his posting to only those things that he actually knows something about.
I guess if he followed my suggestion it would mean that he wouldn't be posting here at all.

That's not true. If there was a thread on falling out of Rutgers, being unemployed, and having no friends or hobbies off this board he'd have a lot of first-hand information to offer.

Although I think it would be a mistake to nominate somebody now

Your last paragraph is utterly ridiculous

If the torch is passed....we have laws in this country and just because an election is coming up that doesn’t mean the people in power (no matter how much anyone dislikes them) should not have the ability to do their jobs

If by some miracle that another corona relief bill is passed should McConnell not have the power to call a vote in the Senste or Trump not have the authority to sign the bill just because an election is coming up?

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell said, at a time when other elected officials, from Sen. Bernie Sanders to future Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer, were releasing statements offering condolences to the justice’s family, which includes 26 grandchildren.

Reactions: Greg2020
RB2nb8CO.png

Reactions: Caliknight
its the actual process and in the constitution, Trump and Mac Connell are upholding that..you want some sort of banana republic rule

Trump is the President, it is his right to nominate a candidate, it doesnt matter when a justice dies....sounds like sour grapes from your side which has been screaming for 4 years...save the fairness argument as well considering what the president has gone through

in addition the public spoke in 2016., Trump's term is not up. This is what they voted him in for.

LMAO

The public didn't vote for the crying bunker boy.

The public did vote overwhelmingly for President Obama, whose term had nearly year left when Justice Scalia died.

"I want you to use my words against me," the South Carolina Republican said. "If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination.'"

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, now acting chairman of the Intelligence Committee, said in March 2016, "I don't think we should be moving forward on a nominee in the last year of this president's term. I would say that if it was a Republican president."

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner, who is trailing in his reelection race, had this to say nine months out from the 2016 election: "I think we're too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision."

Here's what Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa, also in a tight race for reelection, said in February 2016: "We will see what the people say this fall and our next president, regardless of party, will be making that nomination."

North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, also fighting for his reelection, said this in 2016: "Vice President Biden's remarks may have been voiced in 1992, but they are entirely applicable to 2016. The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president."

Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said this: "I believe the American people deserve to have a voice in the selection of the next Supreme Court Justice, and the best way to ensure that happens is to have the Senate consider a nomination made by the next President."

His colleague, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, also referred to tradition: "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year." But there had only been six outstanding election-year court vacancies since 1900 when Cruz made those comments, and each vacancy had in fact been filled.

Here's Sen. John Thune of South Dakota in 2016: "Since the next presidential election is already underway, the next president should make this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court."

Here's Georgia Sen. David Purdue: "The very balance of our nation's highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the President and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people."

Here's Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson in May 2016: "Instead of a lame duck president and Senate nominating and confirming, a new president and Senate — elected by the people only a few months from now — should make that important decision. I can't think of a fairer or more democratic process."

And here's Ohio Sen. Rob Portman: "I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations."

In their own words!

"I want you to use my words against me," the South Carolina Republican said. "If there's a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said, 'Let's let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination.'"

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, now acting chairman of the Intelligence Committee, said in March 2016, "I don't think we should be moving forward on a nominee in the last year of this president's term. I would say that if it was a Republican president."

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner, who is trailing in his reelection race, had this to say nine months out from the 2016 election: "I think we're too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision."

Here's what Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa, also in a tight race for reelection, said in February 2016: "We will see what the people say this fall and our next president, regardless of party, will be making that nomination."

North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, also fighting for his reelection, said this in 2016: "Vice President Biden's remarks may have been voiced in 1992, but they are entirely applicable to 2016. The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president."

Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said this: "I believe the American people deserve to have a voice in the selection of the next Supreme Court Justice, and the best way to ensure that happens is to have the Senate consider a nomination made by the next President."

His colleague, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, also referred to tradition: "It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don't do this in an election year." But there had only been six outstanding election-year court vacancies since 1900 when Cruz made those comments, and each vacancy had in fact been filled.

Here's Sen. John Thune of South Dakota in 2016: "Since the next presidential election is already underway, the next president should make this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court."

Here's Georgia Sen. David Purdue: "The very balance of our nation's highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the President and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people."

Here's Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson in May 2016: "Instead of a lame duck president and Senate nominating and confirming, a new president and Senate — elected by the people only a few months from now — should make that important decision. I can't think of a fairer or more democratic process."

And here's Ohio Sen. Rob Portman: "I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations."

In their own words!
Red Hats response to this is "FAKE NEWS... SAD!!!"

😂😂😂

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,” McConnell said, at a time when other elected officials, from Sen. Bernie Sanders to future Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer, were releasing statements offering condolences to the justice’s family, which includes 26 grandchildren.

Once again....your reading comprehension issues do you no favors

Re-read the first sentence of my post

This is why having a conversation with you is a huge waste of time

The mods have been asked *REPEATEDLY* to ban the individual that mocked the murder of a federal judge's son. The guy actually dropped from premium because the CE board was shut down. He wakes up at 6:30AM on the weekend to troll. They refuse to do anything because the paid poster wants him here.
I think he woke up at 6 am to post on a message board. What more proof does anyone need “loser”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT