ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shop Rite London Broil

Special People from Austin Minnesota $2.65 for a 12 ounce can at Dollar General

Acme baby back rib sale. Buy 1 get 2 free.
This is a sweet deal. They do it every year for Memorial Day and again for the 4th of July. I get the big vacuum sealed packs, cook one right away and freeze the other two for later.

It’s not that impressive to make a good meal out of prime-grade rib cap steak. Make something good out of Select LoBro and I’ll be impressed.

I could never like London Broil, in fact I hated but that's because my mom made it all the time and it just sucked, too damn chewy.

But in fairness my mom was Irish and a awful cook.

My wife is Irish, from a big family, and her London Broil is way overcooked usually. I hate it. I ask her to please buy better quality meat. Some habits are hard to break. F'n LoBro and baked Potato- I dread it , lol

My wife is Irish, from a big family, and her London Broil is way overcooked usually. I hate it. I ask her to please buy better quality meat. Some habits are hard to break. F'n LoBro and baked Potato- I dread it , lol
We got a crappy baked potato with it too and usually cut green beans out of a can, YUMMY!

Reactions: Abro1975
If you don’t know how to cook something it tends to turn out like crap no matter what it is.

Have her make some irish stew with it.. lo and slow

don't forget that Shoprite does the annual suntan lotion sale memorial Day week. Stock up for the summer.

Reactions: Jm0513
The key to cooking London Broil is actually cook it as a London Broil instead of a normal steak, which doesn't work unless you like to eat shoe leather.

How to cook it is 4 steps: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes.../london-broil-with-herb-butter-recipe-1972708

Good recipe, but instead of frying the meat and then placing it in an oven, I would sear the meat on a BBQ Grill and then cook it indirectly on the grill.

One criticism, it states that the meat is cooked to medium rare when the temperature of the meat registers 110 on a thermometer. The meat would be very rare at 110. It would be medium rare at 120 or 125.

People can say all they want about you don't know how to cook it, blah, blah, blah. The simple fact is no one is selling high quality beef for $1.87 lb whether it's Memorial Day, 4th of July or Christmas. We stopped buying it years ago and go for the flank steaks instead - and we know how to grill.

People can say all they want about you don't know how to cook it, blah, blah, blah. The simple fact is no one is selling high quality beef for $1.87 lb whether it's Memorial Day, 4th of July or Christmas. We stopped buying it years ago and go for the flank steaks instead - and we know how to grill.

Just because it is cheaper than dog food and a 99 cent menu meal doesn't mean its no good. You are just too fancy is all. I bet you are the type to who drinks water in a glass and eat your meals with a knife and fork or a spoon. What a jerk!

Reactions: RUDutch
People just haven't mastered the proper preparation techniques involving plastic wrap and car tires.

Just because it is cheaper than dog food and a 99 cent menu meal doesn't mean its no good. You are just too fancy is all. I bet you are the type to who drinks water in a glass and eat your meals with a knife and fork or a spoon. What a jerk!
[roll]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT