ADVERTISEMENT

OT: So is the Prime hype over? Colorado football is a mess

That’d be small time thinking on their part
Sanders needs to prove himself and small time thinking would be hiring him just because of the hype his one year as Buffs HC is made him look like the next Bear Bryant.
Colorado was desperate and so far Deion's hiring looks like a good move, but for him to be considered the type of a successful H C Rutgers would be lucky to get, Sanders needs to continue showing he has the ability to coach the recruits he gets into looking like they will be a winning program this season and possibly next year as well.
Sanders has shown he can coach winners in the FCS and that had Colorado willing to gamble he can win as a P-5 HC .
Knowing the hype that surrounds Deion will impress talented players and build the type of roster that points to what winning programs are made of .
Sanders has to keep the Buffs improving to keep getting the talent that will turm Colorado into a winner and to do that Sanders must prove he has the coaching chops to go with the hype.
After he does that,he'll be the type of HC Rutgers fans would die for.
If not and Colorado proves to be a loser ,Deion Sanders will join the many who failed to live up to their hype and wentaway with a wimper

Reactions: Knight Shift
Sanders needs to prove himself and small time thinking would be hiring him just because of the hype his one year as Buffs HC is made him look like the next Bear Bryant.
Colorado was desperate and so far Deion's hiring looks like a good move, but for him to be considered the type of a successful H C Rutgers would be lucky to get, Sanders needs to continue showing he has the ability to coach the recruits he gets into looking like they will be a winning program this season and possibly next year as well.
Sanders has shown he can coach winners in the FCS and that had Colorado willing to gamble he can win as a P-5 HC .
Knowing the hype that surrounds Deion will impress talented players and build the type of roster that points to what winning programs are made of .
Sanders has to keep the Buffs improving to keep getting the talent that will turm Colorado into a winner and to do that Sanders must prove he has the coaching chops to go with the hype.
If not and Colorado proves to be a loser ,Deion Sanders will join the many who failed to live up to their hype and wentaway with a wimper
ummmm- how does last year make him look like a good move?

That was assuming he proved himself

ummmm- how does last year make him look like a good move?
( SHORT TERM) just the 3 wins and the money he brought in to the program.
Eyes once reserved to cover top programs are now making Colorado look like a winner because Deion has made people believers without needing but a three game improvement to have Colorado look like it's on the way to be a successful program.
Sanders is bringing in player that wouldn't have the Buffs on the top of their list
Sanders is bringing in the money and NIL bucks that few others would be able to do at Colorado
I'd say he was a successful hire, but needs to prove not a short term success that will prove hype is all he brought with him when it comes down to being the type of HC that
can bring out the best in the talent he coaches and make Colorado a winning program
with him as the HC.

Who do you honestly think is the bigger upside, Deion or Greg?
Deion's hype gives Sanders an edge now
Greg's past practice proves Schiano can build a winner..
So right now Sanders brings a dream of greatness with him and has 2 years of FCS success to gamble on
Schiano brings the memory of his ability to bui;d a pretty good program from a terrible one,

Those things I have considered and will take Greg.
The reason why is how Colorado crashed and burned, in the end, after achieving a little success in the beginning of season.
Schiano goes at a steady upward pace when building and by the time he's finished, expectations of greatness for the RU FB Program is felt, just like Deion's Buff program received the beginning of last season that didn't pan out

Deion's hype gives Sanders an edge now
Greg's past practice proves Schiano can build a winner..
So right now Sanders brings a dream of greatness with him and has 2 years of FCS success to gamble on
Schiano brings the memory of his ability to bui;d a pretty good program from a terrible one,

Those things I have considered and will take Greg.
The reason why is how Colorado crashed and burned, in the end, after achieving a little success in the beginning of season.
Schiano goes at a steady upward pace when building and by the time he's finished, expectations of greatness for the RU FB Program is felt, just like Deion's Buff program received the beginning of last season that didn't pan out
Greg has been a head coach in Division I and the NFL for nearly 20 years, he was a high-level assistant for major D1 programs before that

This past year was Deions first major college football job - ever

Deions ceiling far surpasses Gregg’s.

Greg’s longevity may win out due to him continuing to be coaching long past a monetary situation, where Dion maybburned out with Recruiting or NIL

Time will tell who is more successful, but Dion‘s potential significantly surpasses Greg’s

Buffs won 4 games last year and probably could have won one more had Travis Hunter not been knocked out for a month with a lacerated spleen. He was also the best player on defense and his loss was a double punch. A 7 pt loss to USC with Hunter missing could have been a different game.

Oregon and Washington St were only teams to blow away Colorado. Buffs lost to #16 Oregon St 26-19, #23 UCLA 28-16, #21 Arizona 34-31. Stanford and Utah loses came on 9 pts total. Colorado def lost mojo once teams saw how bad OL/DL were but they weren't a horrible team thanks to Shedeur.

I understood why Sanders demoted OC Sean Lewis because it was obvious OL couldn't pass block but he kept dialing-up long passes that were getting Shedeur hit like a piñata many times a game . Rutgers averaged 169 yds/gm rushing ( 56th in 2023) with 4.24 per carry. Colorado was dead last (133rd) with 69yds/gm and a miserable 2.31 yards per carry. Colorado just stopped rushing

Greg has been a head coach in Division I and the NFL for nearly 20 years, he was a high-level assistant for major D1 programs before that

This past year was Deions first major college football job - ever

Deions ceiling far surpasses Gregg’s.

Greg’s longevity may win out due to him continuing to be coaching long past a monetary situation, where Dion maybburned out with Recruiting or NIL

Time will tell who is more successful, but Dion‘s potential significantly surpasses Greg’s
Strongly disagree. Had Miami hired Greg, he’d have had a Nick Saban like reputation. Greg can recruit, enforce discipline, and mete out punishment. He’s everything you’d want in a coach, because he builds an infrastructure that lasts. Greg is held back here because our fan support is trash, though it is getting better.

Strongly disagree. Had Miami hired Greg, he’d have had a Nick Saban like reputation. Greg can recruit, enforce discipline, and mete out punishment. He’s everything you’d want in a coach, because he builds an infrastructure that lasts. Greg is held back here because our fan support is trash, though it is getting better.

Greg is a Moses figure - better at laying down the law/culture than getting to the promised land.
When RU beat Louisville in 2006 he said he expected wins like that but that 2006 win "came earlier than expected."

Greg moves like a glacier - every team is "young" and he sees most as potential liabilities instead of studs. Sanders is like "You can do this - I have no time to wait."

Greg is a great coach who makes really likeable teams all things considered, but the lack of red zone for a few decades is not good.

Reactions: charliem24
( SHORT TERM) just the 3 wins and the money he brought in to the program.
Eyes once reserved to cover top programs are now making Colorado look like a winner because Deion has made people believers without needing but a three game improvement to have Colorado look like it's on the way to be a successful program.
Sanders is bringing in player that wouldn't have the Buffs on the top of their list
Sanders is bringing in the money and NIL bucks that few others would be able to do at Colorado
I'd say he was a successful hire, but needs to prove not a short term success that will prove hype is all he brought with him when it comes down to being the type of HC that
can bring out the best in the talent he coaches and make Colorado a winning program
with him as the HC.
No one’s watching because they think or care if Colorado is a good football team, they’re watching for the spectacle, reality TV factor, nothing more. It’ll sell a lot of tickets and will really help the TV partners of the Big 12 but let’s not act like any one will care about Colorado football when his sons graduate and he’s gone.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
You think the bombing Pearl Harbor was a joke? Tell that to those and others who perished in the war which ensued. Even if in jest… you don’t joke about those type of tragedies.

You think the bombing Pearl Harbor was a joke? Tell that to those and others who perished in the war which ensued. Even if in jest… you don’t joke about those type of tragedies.
😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: RUDiddy777
Please don't ever put Saban or Greg in the same sentence together

Reactions: brgRC90
I’m sure your emojis sends a very negative vibe to millions who lost family in that episode . But like all else you think your a comedian😆🤡

Yep totally over
Guy inherited a one and 11 team and went 4-8 last year

If he wants to stay sub 500, he’ll keep the same guys in the program

Crazy as it sounds, if he actually wants to win, he’ll get in new and more talented guys

Deion had won and exceled ant every level of his life. I would not bet against him.
It’s over thank God . Could not stand the trolls , both from other boards and our own board, lecturing us every day about how great prime is and how bad Schiano is . Got pretty annoying that all of a sudden these trolls told us we needed prime and not Schiano. How’s that working out ?

It’s over thank God . Could not stand the trolls , both from other boards and our own board, lecturing us every day about how great prime is and how bad Schiano is . Got pretty annoying that all of a sudden these trolls told us we needed prime and not Schiano. How’s that working out ?
Yep
After year one, it’s over
He didn’t turn around a 1-11 team into national champions in 365 days
Shame on him!

Reactions: brgRC90
Please don't ever put Saban or Greg in the same sentence together
Somehow any thread on another coach becomes a comparison to Schiano. It's one year. After 3 years people were still giving Schiano a pass but Sanders gets one season.

Yep
Shame on him!
As a matter of fact you were one of trolls lecturing us every day . Go join their board .

Somehow any thread on another coach becomes a comparison to Schiano. It's one year. After 3 years people were still giving Schiano a pass but Sanders gets one season.
Greg’s coached 20 years in D1 and the NFL
Deion’s coached one year in D1
Primes may never ascend to elite levels bit his ceiling is far higher than Schiano’s

Greg is a Moses figure - better at laying down the law/culture than getting to the promised land.
When RU beat Louisville in 2006 he said he expected wins like that but that 2006 win "came earlier than expected."

Greg moves like a glacier - every team is "young" and he sees most as potential liabilities instead of studs. Sanders is like "You can do this - I have no time to wait."

Greg is a great coach who makes really likeable teams all things considered, but the lack of red zone for a few decades is not good.
Greg doesn’t have the support Sanders does. He is also limited by the caliber of kid he can attract to Rutgers. At Miami and Ohio State, he was able to recruit the 5 star. Here, the best he can do is 4 star, and those are rare. Turning 2 and 3 star recruits into competitive college football players is a slow process in most cases.

Primes may never ascend to elite levels bit his ceiling is far higher than Schiano’s
could be, but right now Deion is living on hype, tHough his 2 years as a real successful FCS HC gives hope that Sanders can live up to the expectations of those that have placed him in the coaching HOF because Colorado improved by 3 games in reaching a 4 win season

Yep
Shame on him!
Dude brought them to 4 wins- threw out almost every player from the previous teams, replaced them with his players, and that is a dick move on it's own.
OK- he then got exposed that he and his staff had no clue...
Year 2 - throw out or they want to leave, everyone but his kids again and do it again.

Let's see how this works- he is playing a numbers game, he is not coaching.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Dude brought them to 4 wins- threw out almost every player from the previous teams, replaced them with his players, and that is a dick move on it's own.
OK- he then got exposed that he and his staff had no clue...
Year 2 - throw out or they want to leave, everyone but his kids again and do it again.

Let's see how this works- he is playing a numbers game, he is not coaching.
He’s playing to win
You should know more than anyone about this game
It’s business 101

Best coach for Rutgers? Greg and it’s not even debatable
Best coach for Colorado and other schools? Let the debates begin.

actually- having a kid go through it- playing to win is not what i want above all else...

that comes or used to come at the next leve;.

but prime, has not even proven he can win. no matter how many kids he may fork over
This is major D1 college football
It’s a business - and a lucrative one at that

Deion is going for broke
Time will tell if his methods work

Deion is going for broke

The business part was a major problem.
Colorado didn't even have the money to pay Sanders (he knew that).
Sanders was AD Rick George's 4th head coach for football - they all failed.
Unlike most big football programs, Colorado football wasn't paying for itself nevermind other sports.
The athletic dept was in a crisis.

The college changed its transfer rules when Sanders arrived
It was hard to get players transferred via the portal.
They knew they needed a massive roster remake.
Players had gone to seed as they say
The AD and president were 100% down with the roster busting - no more hopium

Sanders hadn't even coached a game yet but season tickets were soldout. Millions came via donations.
Deion saved the Athletic dept in a few weeks.
Sanders and George are like soul buddies

Deion is going for broke
Kind of Adam Neumann ish

Do you need a going for broke who would be there and let you crash after they fail? Or, being a part of the B1G do you need someone to actually build a structure?

You Prime guys are just a weird bunch of people. I’m thinking- you all just grew up on Madden.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Who knows? But how absurd to give Schiano an indefinite period of time and Sanders one season. I will say that at least he had an offense.

I’m sure your emojis sends a very negative vibe to millions who lost family in that episode . But like all else you think your a comedian😆🤡

I was going to let this go and chalk it up to something like the onset of dementia. However, I just couldn't without asking you........did you ever watch Animal House?

I was going to let this go and chalk it up to something like the onset of dementia. However, I just couldn't without asking you........did you ever watch Animal House?
I’m sure your father watched it with you …were you a Belushi fan ? No sorry not dementia… just love dealing with those who think everything is going well .

Kind of Adam Neumann ish

Do you need a going for broke who would be there and let you crash after they fail? Or, being a part of the B1G do you need someone to actually build a structure?

You Prime guys are just a weird bunch of people. I’m thinking- you all just grew up on Madden.
You Greg guys are a strange bunch

Satisfied with underachieving, slogans, bad offense 1980s type football based on field position and playing not to lose

I’m thinking you all grew up watching us get smoked for years, and regardless of our potential, are satisfied with medioricity and a steady diet of Pinstripe Bowls

Who do you honestly think is the bigger upside, Deion or Greg?
I'd say Deion on this one. But his team is built on glam, hype and probably a mountain of cash for his players. Greg has laid the foundation of a strong building with consistent improvement year over year. Just like he did the first go round. Greg was on a pretty good course and had a rock solid recruits before he unfortunately bolted for the NFL and Flood couldn't keep the best recruiting class Rutgers has ever seen intact. So yes, Deion has more upside because his shiny new, flashy personality (and money) can attract top level recruits. I'm going to guess those recruits can be very fickle if the success/wins arent there and the blue bloods come calling with bags of freshly printed money/lure of championships. For this reason, Deion has a greater ability to flame out than rise to ascension as his built house of cards can easily crumble. I'd take Greg's sturdily built foundation seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I'd say Deion on this one. But his team is built on glam, hype and probably a mountain of cash for his players. Greg has laid the foundation of a strong building with consistent improvement year over year. Just like he did the first go round. Greg was on a pretty good course and had a rock solid recruits before he unfortunately bolted for the NFL and Flood couldn't keep the best recruiting class Rutgers has ever seen intact. So yes, Deion has more upside because his shiny new, flashy personality (and money) can attract top level recruits. I'm going to guess those recruits can be very fickle if the success/wins arent there and the blue bloods come calling with bags of freshly printed money/lure of championships. For this reason, Deion has a greater ability to flame out than rise to ascension as his built house of cards can easily crumble. I'd take Greg's sturdily built foundation seven days a week and twice on Sunday.
Not me
Greg has shown what is ceiling is while
Deion hasn’t

Deion’s way of doing thing may not work out - it’s certainly unconventional

And if I had a son, I’d want him to play for Greg as opposed to Deion

But Greg has shown what he can do over the past 20 years in D1 and the NFL

Deion is in year 2 in D1 - which is why, when people bust on the guy yet give Greg a pass, is beyond comical

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT