ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies covering World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bloom

I think two things happen in these threads (see it all the time on the CE board):

(1) people now attach meaning to random deaths they used to shrug off. When David Bloom (linked above) died, I imagine most people who read about it back then said "wow, DVTs are dangerous, can strike a healthy guy in his 30s." Now the reaction is: "oh no, that doesn't happen to healthy people, it must be related to this thing I'm already suspicious of."

(2) There may be more young people dying, and maybe those deaths can be attributed to blood clots occurring more frequently than in the past, but COVID itself causes blood clots and was implicated in clot-related issues (such as strokes and heart attacks) going back to 2020 before we had a vaccine or started claiming vaccines cause blood clots.

Young people have also been getting colon cancer at higher rates than in the past, getting diabetes at higher rates, developing heart disease at a younger age...all of these trends predate the pandemic. Clots, strokes, and sudden cardiac death may have similar non-pandemic-related underlying causes...or not. A lot to untangle. However, I expect some in society will attribute any negative health trend to the vaccine for the rest of their lives.
When David Bloom died, the cause of death was announced right away. Nothing to speculate about. Hopefully here there will be a proper autopsy that will end all the speculation.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Anecdotally there have been way more young men in theirs 30s and 40s during suddenly the past year or so. In the last month alone I’ve learned of 3 others through work and wife’s work. All supposedly had clean bills of health. Never heard anything like this before.

Ironically I work within group benefits and healthcare consulting and so far term life loss ratios don’t support this theory but man I just feel horrible for these people. Many leave children less than 5 years old.

Insurance actuarial found a 4x increase in deaths

Florida Surgeon General highlighted deaths in a FL study:

"Today, State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo has announced new guidance regarding mRNA vaccines. The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety.

This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac-related death among men in this age group. Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks.

As such, the State Surgeon General recommends against males aged 18 to 39 from receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. Those with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when making this decision."

When David Bloom died, the cause of death was announced right away. Nothing to speculate about. Hopefully here there will be a proper autopsy that will end all the speculation.

It won't end any speculation because the cause will be blamed on the vaccine. If it's a stroke, a PE, a cardiac arrest, whatever the case may be, some will choose to blame it on the vaccine.

"Today, State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo has announced new guidance regarding mRNA vaccines. The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety.

This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk of cardiac-related death among men in this age group. Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks.

As such, the State Surgeon General recommends against males aged 18 to 39 from receiving mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. Those with preexisting cardiac conditions, such as myocarditis and pericarditis, should take particular caution when making this decision."

You forgot this part

Health experts and federal officials are criticizing Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo's decision to advise men between 18 and 39 years old not to get COVID-19 vaccines, which goes against guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

His recommendation is based on an analysis the state health department published Friday that said these men had a "modestly increased" risk of cardiac-related deaths within a month of getting a messenger RNA, or mRNA, vaccine. The analysis was not peer-reviewed and its authors point out flaws that Ladapo didn't mention in his remarks.

Doctors and scientists from around the world took to social media following Ladapo's announcement. They have issues with the way the analysis was conducted and question the accuracy of the results.

The authors of this study, who are not named in the report and who Ladapo has since declined to reveal, acknowledge its many limitations.

They admit they couldn't determine what actually caused the deaths of the small group of 18- to 39-year-old men in Florida they looked at because they used death certificates to calculate how many were cardiac-related, not medical records.

Death certificates aren’t always accurate, explained Jason Salemi, an epidemiologist with the University of South Florida’s College of Public Health. He said given the small sample size of the study — less than 100 patients — researchers could have dug deeper.

“Why not review those medical records and make absolutely certain you know what caused these deaths and whether or not they were vaccine-related?” he said.

Salemi’s biggest concern was that the report failed to pay equal attention to examining the risks of COVID-19 infection and how well the vaccines performed at reducing the harmful effects of the virus.

Though they don’t present any research on the subject, the authors themselves say in their conclusion that health risks from getting COVID-19 are substantially higher than those associated with the vaccination.

It won't end any speculation because the cause will be blamed on the vaccine. If it's a stroke, a PE, a cardiac arrest, whatever the case may be, some will choose to blame it on the vaccine.
You have to consider all possibilities including the vaccine. Seems many don’t even want to consider the vax and get angry when others do. How is that science?

This time in US, possibly even world, history, is going to be viewed by historians as the mass conspiracy psychosis period of human history. A time in which unrestrained, often politically-motivated, paranoia continuously elevated pure idle speculation into widely accepted lore leveraging social-media borne misinformation. Where state, political and special interest groups adopted and refined the misinformation into disinformation to serve their purposes.

Apparently healthy people die suddenly all the time. About 5-6 years back, I had a close friend, in his mid 40s, who was very fit, ran 5 miles every day, played soccer games twice a week, who died suddenly on the side of the road while driving back to MA after giving a lecture at RU. Heart failure.

A fully healthy woman I went to HS with died fairly young from choking on food while alone. Another guy I knew died suddenly at his desk for no apparent reason. This stuff happens.

Meaningless coincidences, often based on unrelated and purely anecdotal reports that nobody can verify, quickly become pseudo-facts that are spread around until nobody questions it. People no longer apply skepticism logically. They apply skepticism using their preconceptions, their strongly held biases. Things must be true because they correlate with my politics, or with the propaganda espoused by my chosen “news” sources.

This sucks, is very widespread, and is not restricted to any particular “side” of any issue or any political orientation. This thread is a perfect example of the problem.

It’s always possible that foul play is involved in a sudden death. Or that there is some actual medical trend that correlates with something and that a given singular event might become part of that trend. But possibility is not evidence. Statistical anomalies, even when accurate, are not conclusive evidence of theories.

People need to step back from the conjecture abyss and learn to be skeptical again.

The irony of this post

Reactions: Section124
You have to consider all possibilities including the vaccine. Seems many don’t even want to consider the vax and get angry when others do. How is that science?
must consider everything, but not leave out vital parts to make your stance look better.
That Florida doctor did just that.
Siecens isn't based on just the parts that make your point .the strongest, it's based on the whole picture known at the time.

Or ask the participants to respect the wishes of the host country. If they can’t they should stay home.
Nope, not when discussing freedom of the press. Either the press has freedom or they don't. If a host country won't allow press freedom, even to criticize, then that country should not host period. With that stated, it takes money to host these events and several autocratic countries have what it takes to host, so my point is moot anyway.

Nope, not when discussing freedom of the press. Either the press has freedom or they don't. If a host country won't allow press freedom, even to criticize, then that country should not host period. With that stated, it takes money to host these events and several autocratic countries have what it takes to host, so my point is moot anyway.

There are nations that have legalized prostitution, drug use, abortion, etc. and banned capital punishment. Should they petition that no country that does not have all of those freedoms can host the WC?

Sure-Fire Get Rich Quick Idea!!

1. Convince @T2Kplus20 to swear, as his New Year's Resolution, that he can go a full 24 hours without being an asshole
  2. Bet all the money in the world that he can't keep said resolution
  3. Buy Leon Musk, turn him into a lawn jockey
  4. Still have pretty much all the money in the world

BTW, @mildone's post was pretty much perfect.
#1 already verified in a “well that was quick” moment.

And thanks, I appreciate it.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
There are nations that have legalized prostitution, drug use, abortion, etc. and banned capital punishment. Should they petition that no country that does not have all of those freedoms can host the WC?
Point taken. Where is the line? How about the first amendment like laws? Free countries have these freedoms. Autocratic governments don't. I guess it's time for the nuts to be nuts.

Reactions: RUPete
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bloom

I think two things happen in these threads (see it all the time on the CE board):

(1) people now attach meaning to random deaths they used to shrug off. When David Bloom (linked above) died, I imagine most people who read about it back then said "wow, DVTs are dangerous, can strike a healthy guy in his 30s." Now the reaction is: "oh no, that doesn't happen to healthy people, it must be related to this thing I'm already suspicious of."

(2) There may be more young people dying, and maybe those deaths can be attributed to blood clots occurring more frequently than in the past, but COVID itself causes blood clots and was implicated in clot-related issues (such as strokes and heart attacks) going back to 2020 before we had a vaccine or started claiming vaccines cause blood clots.

Young people have also been getting colon cancer at higher rates than in the past, getting diabetes at higher rates, developing heart disease at a younger age...all of these trends predate the pandemic. Clots, strokes, and sudden cardiac death may have similar non-pandemic-related underlying causes...or not. A lot to untangle. However, I expect some in society will attribute any negative health trend to the vaccine for the rest of their lives.
Well I lost a couple minutes in sexual stamina - damn covid vaccine!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: knightfan7
You forgot this part

Health experts and federal officials are criticizing Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo's decision to advise men between 18 and 39 years old not to get COVID-19 vaccines, which goes against guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Doctors and scientists from around the world took to social media following Ladapo's announcement. They have issues with the way the analysis was conducted and question the accuracy of the results.

Nobody wise really trusts the CDC anymore (it crashed in polls).
CDC gave so much conflicting advice that even CDC director said agency has to get its act together

"WASHINGTON — Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Wednesday delivered a sweeping rebuke of her agency’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying it had failed to respond quickly enough and needed to be overhauled.

“To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty dramatic, pretty public mistakes, from testing to data to communications,” she said in a video distributed to the agency’s roughly 11,000 employees."

CDC was among those promising vaccinated could not get sick and that the vaccinated were driving the pandemic (recall admin promising a "winter of death" among unvaccinated in 2020). Then of course Omicron came and was so mild the death march mever happened and the vaccinated were getting sick.

Truth is lots of top doctors and researchers around the world have warned about the shots
The mRNA is not natural but synthetic.
People were told it would stay in arm were shot was administered and that mRNA would not travel
Reality is those studies were never made and the synthetic mRNA travels the body and stays for at lerast 60 days (the longest study to date - might eb more than 60 days)

CDC director: COVID-19 morphing into 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases spike by 70%

BMJ

"Booster mandates in young adults are expected to cause a net harm: per COVID-19 hospitalisation prevented, we anticipate at least 18.5 serious adverse events from mRNA vaccines, including 1.5–4.6 booster-associated myopericarditis cases in males (typically requiring hospitalisation). We also anticipate 1430–4626 cases of grade ≥3 reactogenicity interfering with daily activities (although typically not requiring hospitalisation). University booster mandates are unethical because they: (1) are not based on an updated (Omicron era) stratified risk-benefit assessment for this age group; (2) may result in a net harm to healthy young adults; (3) are not proportionate: expected harms are not outweighed by public health benefits given modest and transient effectiveness of vaccines against transmission.."

Not just deaths, a number of other health issues including blood clots have increased.

Like with any initial version technology release, the early adopters are the beta testers. This is no different.

CDC gave so much conflicting advice that even CDC director said agency has to get its act together

"WASHINGTON — Dr. Rochelle P. Walensky, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Wednesday delivered a sweeping rebuke of her agency’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, saying it had failed to respond quickly enough and needed to be overhauled.

“To be frank, we are responsible for some pretty dramatic, pretty public mistakes, from testing to data to communications,” she said in a video distributed to the agency’s roughly 11,000 employees."

CDC was among those promising vaccinated could not get sick and that the vaccinated were driving the pandemic (recall admin promising a "winter of death" among unvaccinated in 2020). Then of course Omicron came and was so mild the death march mever happened and the vaccinated were getting sick.

Truth is lots of top doctors and researchers around the world have warned about the shots
People were told it would stay in arm were shot was administered and that mRNA would not travel
Reality is those studies were never made and the synthetic mRNA travels the body and stays for at lerast 60 days (the longest study to date - might eb more than 60 days)

CDC director: COVID-19 morphing into 'pandemic of the unvaccinated' as cases spike by 70%

BMJ

"Booster mandates in young adults are expected to cause a net harm: per COVID-19 hospitalisation prevented, we anticipate at least 18.5 serious adverse events from mRNA vaccines, including 1.5–4.6 booster-associated myopericarditis cases in males (typically requiring hospitalisation). We also anticipate 1430–4626 cases of grade ≥3 reactogenicity interfering with daily activities (although typically not requiring hospitalisation). University booster mandates are unethical because they: (1) are not based on an updated (Omicron era) stratified risk-benefit assessment for this age group; (2) may result in a net harm to healthy young adults; (3) are not proportionate: expected harms are not outweighed by public health benefits given modest and transient effectiveness of vaccines against transmission.."

It was professionals beyond the CDC that questioned the study

You just chose to ignore all of them

Reactions: Kbee3
And another thread ruined by the CE posters….

I really enjoyed GW’s articles over the years. RIP. I hope the family finds out what the actual cause was and I will not speculate.

And another thread ruined by the CE posters….

I really enjoyed GW’s articles over the years. RIP. I hope the family finds out what the actual cause was and I will not speculate.
Agreed. And it doesn’t really matter at this point. A tremendous loss for the family and for sports fans too. Didn’t he do a bunch of NBA writing too? Just sad. Had so much great writing ahead of him.

The sharp pain and difficulty breathing could suggest PE. Nothing known at this time rules out cardiac. The unfortunate reality is that 40s - 50s is a Red Zone for cardiac death because a lot of men haven't bothered with cardiological exams at that point, but the underlying conditions are already there.
Great point. 46 years old here. My father died at this age and mom almost did too. Wife made me start seeing a cardiologist at age 34. It is what it is. Gotta do it because you never know when your card will be pulled. At least try to stay ahead of it the best you can. I imagine most of my friends don’t do the same thing, seeing a cardiologist and all. Made my sister go. Establish a baseline and a relationship with the doctor and staff too. Better to do that now than in an emergency.

Reactions: Caliknight
So anecdotal but the industry it would impact their bottom line has made no changes as a result

Seems likely
Anecdotal as in I’m seeing an outlier occur in my personal life, but the data out of my line of work says so far what I am experiencing is indeed an outlier, a really shitty one at that.

Reactions: bac2therac
I wonder what percentage of young people, who die suddenly, have eaten a cheeseburger and fries within the prior 30 days. Or ate pizza. Or consumed fish. Or walked more than 1000 steps in the week prior to their death.

Anybody want to bet angainst any of those correlations being far stronger than a correlation with mRNA vaccines?

Surely FL will warn their citizens against all those dangerous things.

must consider everything, but not leave out vital parts to make your stance look better.
That Florida doctor did just that.
But why would a Florida Surgeon General leave out vital parts to make his stance look better? Ron DeSantis specifically chose Dr. Ladapo to be Florida Surgeon General last year based primarily on Dr. Ladapo's history of strong anti-mandate beliefs, skepticism regarding vaccines, belief in hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for Covid, and...... Oh. Never mind. 😉

But why would a Florida Surgeon General leave out vital parts to make his stance look better? Ron DeSantis specifically chose Dr. Ladapo to be Florida Surgeon General last year based primarily on Dr. Ladapo's history of strong anti-mandate beliefs, skepticism regarding vaccines, belief in hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for Covid, and...... Oh. Never mind. 😉
So true.

May Mr. Wahl Rest in Peace. We may never know the cause of death, but just like when Bob Saget passed away, that did not stop the conspiracy theorists from speculating and arguing over what "caused" his death. Yes, there is some evidence that the vaccines can cause PE, but this is more prevalent with the J&J type vaccines, but even then, the incidence is very rare. The incidence is even more rare with the mRNA vaccines. Is it possible--anything is possible, but in this instance, improbable. Why not let the results of the autopsy come out and leave speculation aside?

@Ataylor1989x mentioned this, and Mr. Wahl's brother raised the same issue. Very sad that organized sports would allow this happen in a host country, regardless of anyone's feelings on someone wearing a shirt with a gay flag on it.

but you're ok with China hosting Olympics etc

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85

BMJ

This is asinine. There is zero validated data underlying the speculative BMJ nonsense. It's pure conjecture.

And anyone who says "the CDC can't be trusted but the Surgeon General of the State of Florida can" is probably a few dots short of a pair of dice.

It was professionals beyond the CDC that questioned the study

You just chose to ignore all of them

I've heard all the hive-minder have to say over and over and over
They've been a carnival of bad advice that they've had to reverse many times
Even Lancet and NEJM had to retract a "studies"
A lot of gov health agencies are worse than DMVs and they are bought and paid for (like media)

On the other hand there are top researchers and doctors who have been muzzled and banned by the hive
One is one of the foremost virologists in the world - Geert Vanden Bossche . he explained why you never want to inject a child with the experimental synthetic gene concoctions. I considered the vaccine but did my research seeking truths and not reinforcement for prejudices which is usual today. I know how deadly the medical matrix is from being sick

"Geert Vanden Bossche received his DVM from the University of Ghent, Belgium, and his PhD degree in Virology from the University of Hohenheim, Germany. He held adjunct faculty appointments at universities in Belgium and Germany. After his career in Academia, Geert joined several vaccine companies (GSK Biologicals, Novartis Vaccines, Solvay Biologicals) to serve various roles in vaccine R&D as well as in late vaccine development.

Geert then moved on to join the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Global Health Discovery team in Seattle (USA) as Senior Program Officer; he then worked with the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI) in Geneva as Senior Ebola Program Manager. At GAVI he tracked efforts to develop an Ebola vaccine. He also represented GAVI in fora with other partners, including WHO, to review progress on the fight against Ebola and to build plans for global pandemic preparedness.

Back in 2015, Geert scrutinized and questioned the safety of the Ebola vaccine that was used in ring vaccination trials conducted by WHO in Guinea. His critical scientific analysis and report on the data published by WHO in the Lancet in 2015 was sent to all international health and regulatory authorities involved in the Ebola vaccination program. After working for GAVI, Geert joined the German Center for Infection Research in Cologne as Head of the Vaccine Development Office. He is at present primarily serving as a Biotech / Vaccine consultant while also conducting his own research on Natural Killer cell-based vaccines."

This is asinine. There is zero validated data underlying the speculative BMJ nonsense. It's pure conjecture.

And anyone who says "the CDC can't be trusted but the Surgeon General of the State of Florida can" is probably a few dots short of a pair of dice.

The only "zero data" is the data you dont mention
Men having babies is also conjecture now.
We have farms being shut down by "experts" and politicians around the world and producing looming famines
We live in a age of "elite" corruption and madness

Dr Lapado is not one of the kooks

Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD, is a physician and health policy researcher whose primary research interests include clinical trial interventions and reducing the population burden of cardiovascular disease. Dr. Ladapo was recently granted a professorship at the University of Florida (UF) College of Medicine. Prior to joining UF, he was an Associate Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine caring for hospitalized patients. Previously, he served as a faculty member in the Department of Population Health at NYU School of Medicine and as a Staff Fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Dr. Ladapo’s research program, funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities, and the National Institute on Drug Abuse, focuses on patient-centered approaches to improving the health of individuals evaluated for coronary artery disease; and behavioral economic interventions to promote sustainable cardiovascular health, including among adults with HIV. He also leads the health economic and quality of life evaluation of multiple NIH-funded randomized trials focused on cardiovascular disease and tobacco cessation. His national honors include the Daniel Ford Award for health services and outcomes research, and he was also a regular columnist for the Harvard Focus during medical school and residency, where he discussed his experiences on the medical wards and perspectives on health policy issues.

Dr. Ladapo graduated from Wake Forest University and received his MD from Harvard Medical School and his PhD in Health Policy from Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. He completed his clinical training in internal medicine at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

Of course it matters why a person so young suddenly passes away.

Geert Vanden Bossche

The truth is coming out and its going to get worse I'm afraid. We've been made guinea pigs in a criminal experiment.

"I'm going to tell you what is going to happen because I do understand what is the driving force behind this fulminant explosion of Sars-Covid-2 variants that we are observing right now. This was the previous slide where I was saying this is now promoting receptor-binding domain mutations, enabling enhanced infectiousness. So we are now ending up with variants that are not only exhibiting enhanced resistance to neutralizing antibodies, it's not just neutralizing antibodies against the receptor-binding domain, but even to the epitopes within the N-terminal domain. And so this neutralization-resistant, more infectious variants are now triggering stimulation of low affinity, non-neutralizing polyreactive antibodies. And I'm writing an article where I expand on this and discuss this in more detail.

But basically these are the non-neutralizing polyreactive antibodies that are now putting suboptimal humoral pressure, immune pressure on viral virulence. So in other words, these are the non- neutralizing polyreactive antibodies that are so far still protecting vaccinees from severe disease, but they cannot protect them from disease, only from severe disease. They are putting tremendous pressure on viral virulence. And there is no doubt that the virus, as it has done all the time along, will also overcome yet another humoral immune pressure. For a virus this is just another humoral immune pressure as it has been seeing humoral immune pressures all along and has overcome them all along.

So if that happens, at that moment we will see that immune escape will cause what we call ‘antibody dependent – (because it's depending on those antibodies)- enhancement of severe disease’. And that is going to be a real catastrophe"

We can point out a few problems compared to all the successful shots giving to protect.
When it comes to medicine given to help overcome an illness or disease there are usually side effects that cause problems for a few that receive any kind of medicine that is given them.

The main problem is that there are those who spread misinformation about medical treatment given to stop the spread of diseases or help cure illnesses and the lies made have the effect of having treatment needed made into a threat to everyone's lives.
The very few, out of all who received treatment, who did have side effects.have made it that there are too many gullible people turning into a flat earth society mode where lies become the truth and facts are challenged because of the lies being told about them

Reactions: LETSGORU91
We can point out a few problems compared to all the successful shots giving to protect.
When it comes to medicine given to help overcome an illness or disease there are usually side effects that cause problems for a few that receive any kind of medicine that is given them.

The main problem is that there are those who spread misinformation about medical treatment given to stop the spread of diseases or help cure illnesses and the lies made have the effect of having treatment needed made into a threat to everyone's lives.
The very few, out of all who received treatment, who did have side effects.have made it that there are too many gullible people turning into a flat earth society mode where lies become the truth and facts are challenged because of the lies being told about them
What other so called vaccines have seen these levels of low success and issues? I’m curious to know.

Speaking of skepticism, that site also produced the following piece, which should give readers pause for thought when considering the veracity of the articles on the site:

Talk about laughable conspiracy theories. The purpose of the website appears to be to advance wildly speculative theories without editorial oversight of any kind. Read the site's "about us" page which basically brags about the lack of editorial oversight.

Just make some shit up so the morons of the world can unite around it. That’s what well-informed is, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT