ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies covering World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know this kid's story. RIP.
BUT, this has been happening to world class athletes,healthy working age folks and healthy high school kids for 2 years.
Recently saw a video of a 28 yr old woman working out at the gym and dropped dead right there on the floor. Probably just global warming taking more casualties.
Nothing to see here. Move along
By 2 years you mean 200 years right?

By 2 years you mean 200 years right?
No, I mean it used to happen like twice a year. Now it's happening like 10x a month.

I get there are going to be people with congenital heart problems that go undiagnosed. I'm not an idiot. But really guys? You don't see anything out of the ordinary here? It's nearly every friggin' day!

Reactions: bac2therac
No, I mean it used to happen like twice a year. Now it's happening like 10x a month.

I get there are going to be people with congenital heart problems that go undiagnosed. I'm not an idiot. But really guys? You don't see anything out of the ordinary here? It's nearly every friggin' day!
😂 let’s see the stats there buckaroo

Actually just googled it, there does seem to be a trend per this article. It’s from 2018 though. HOW COUKD THIS BE?!?

Man you guys are gullible

BUT, this has been happening to world class athletes,healthy working age folks and healthy high school kids for 2 years.
Recently saw a video of a 28 yr old woman working out at the gym and dropped dead right there on the floor. Probably just global warming taking more casualties.
So before virtually anyone that age had taken the vaccine, then.

Solid conspiracy.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
In 2019 about 30,000 Americans aged 15-49 died of cardiovascular issues.

In the middle of November, I probably came down with whatever resipiratory infection Wahl had. It's not COVID (I tested negative for COVID both PCR and home tests) and it's not the flu (I tested negative for flu too). It may very well be an adult version of the RSV leg of this "Tridemic" or something no one has bothered IDing yet. A little surprised that Wahl did not seek out or get referred to better medical treatment given his MD wife. Hopefully we'll get to know more on what took him down.

I had COVID over the summer and it whatever variant I had was mild compared to this thing. More attention needs to be paid to it.

I had Covid in early July and basically "got over it" in 3 or 4 days, with mild symptoms.

Starting around the end of July I developed upper respiratory symptoms - congestion, drip, cough. Saw my GP, who put me on antibiotics and some promethazine for the cough.

It improved ever so slightly, but by the end of August was starting to get worse again. I suffered through September and by mid-October was sitting in front of my (extremely cute) ENT. She examined me, did that awful phyryngoscope thing and asked "when did you have Covid?"

She indicated that the practice had been seeing a LOT (multiple per day) patients with the same general presentation, all of them post-summer Covid. She said it just had to run its course and recommended nasal saline flushes.

I did that for a while, it continued to get worse so I bounced back to my GP in early November. Her intern had just finished an ENT rotation and told me the exact same thing that my ENT had said. My GP prescribed a course of Prednisone and daily Singulair.

That seems to have worked. A month later and I'm about 95% better. Still not completely good, but the Singulair has really helped.

The general sense among all 3 of those doctors is that this thing, whatever it is, seems to last about 6 to 7 months.

In 2019 about 30,000 Americans aged 15-49 died of cardiovascular issues.

The data is pretty clear. I've worked in cardio most of my career. There are tons of genetics conditions that cause cardio events and death in young people. The only thing different now is a portion of the media reporting on routine deaths.

Remember the "Summer of the Shark"? Same shark attacks, different media coverage. LOL!

Reactions: tom1944
There is literally nothing to get defensive about 😆

If you were comfortable with your vaccine decision you wouldn't be attacking me for no reason.

You should watch your blood pressure, it could be dangerous for a person with your condition.

The data is pretty clear. I've worked in cardio most of my career. There are tons of genetics conditions that cause cardio events and death in young people. The only thing different now is a portion of the media reporting on routine deaths.

Remember the "Summer of the Shark"? Same shark attacks, different media coverage. LOL!
Exactly

Reactions: T2Kplus20
If you were comfortable with your vaccine decision you wouldn't be attacking me for no reason.

You should watch your blood pressure, it could be dangerous for a person with your condition.
Dude, what are you talking about? 😂😂😂

With social media linking and/or retweeting every local report you are much more likely to hear about it. Lost a friend who was 20 who played HS hoops and a football player on college team who was jogging while in med school. It may be an increase, but you need more than hearing about it nearly every single day.

It’s not surprising to see how transparently flawed the “logic”, apparently being spoon fed to anti-vaxxers, is. But it is a little surprising, to me at least, that so many people miss the obvious logical fallacies and gaps in their “information” and proceed to embarrass themselves by repeating that flawed logic so publicly.

Afraid of the vaccine? Don’t get it. But jeez, that doesn’t mean you have to publicize just how easily misled you are by “facts” that so obviously fail to mean what you’ve let yourself become convinced they mean.

Oh well. You can lead a horse, etc.

With social media linking and/or retweeting every local report you are much more likely to hear about it. Lost a friend who was 20 who played HS hoops and a football player on college team who was jogging while in med school. It may be an increase, but you need more than hearing about it nearly every single day.
Correct. And also, the relevant data is almost certainly being sought and tracked starting 2020 than at any prior time in history. Making it difficult, if not impossible, to do accurate YOY comparisons. We don’t even know now, nearly 3 years in, exactly what data to track.

Hardly a week goes by that I dont see a news article about some young athlete with "unusual" clotting, heart problems etc.
I almost got the shot, but I'm a reluctant adopter at heart after 17 years of computer hobby
As the saying goes "Its the pioneers who take the arrows"

Personally I dont want to talk anyone out of the shots but I think its criminal they want to inject toddlers with this stuff.

Chris Martenson (Duke PhD in pathology and Cornell MBA - first guy to declare a pandemic) made a nice video on clot types (pre/post mortem) and what embalmers have been finding.

Just a quick look at search results

Reactions: bac2therac
Correct. And also, the relevant data is almost certainly being sought and tracked starting 2020 than at any prior time in history. Making it difficult, if not impossible, to do accurate YOY comparisons. We don’t even know now, nearly 3 years in, exactly what data to track.
The occurrence of sudden cardiac death has been studied extensively long before covid was a thing. Because of instances like Hank Gathers and others.

A landmark study was done looking for causes of all SCD's from 1966 to 2004.

Here is an excerpt from a report citing the findings and comparing to now.

"So in a span of 38 years, reportedly 1101 athletes under the age of 35 passed away due to various heart-related conditions. However, between January 2021 to April 2022, at least 673 athletes reportedly died under sudden/unexpected circumstances – a figure that is over half the amount of recorded deaths under similar circumstances over a 38-year period.

But the number of sudden deaths among athletes since the onset of 2021 could very well be higher, as Good Sciencing issued a report documenting 1,323 sudden athlete deaths since January of 2021."

Believe what you guys want. I understand the emotional investment you have in being right. I'm the opposite. I hope to God I'm wrong and everything is going to be fine. I will jump with joy if that is the case.

Nobody wants to read a dissertation on a msg board so I'll leave it there. The info is available if you truly want to find it.

The occurrence of sudden cardiac death has been studied extensively long before covid was a thing. Because of instances like Hank Gathers and others.

"So in a span of 38 years, reportedly 1101 athletes under the age of 35 passed away due to various heart-related conditions. However, between January 2021 to April 2022, at least 673 athletes reportedly died under sudden/unexpected circumstances – a figure that is over half the amount of recorded deaths under similar circumstances over a 38-year period.

But the number of sudden deaths among athletes since the onset of 2021 could very well be higher, as Good Sciencing issued a report documenting 1,323 sudden athlete deaths since January of 2021."

Believe what you guys want. I understand the emotional investment you have in being right. I'm the opposite. I hope to God I'm wrong and everything is going to be fine. I will jump with joy if that is the case.

Nobody wants to read a dissertation on a msg board so I'll leave it there. The info is available if you truly want to find it.
Perhaps the blood clots / complicationes come from the vaccine. That needs to be balanced by the fact that there were more than 4000 people dying a day from COVID. I will take that risk every time. The vaccines have saved thousands of lives and allowed our country to return to a new normal of everyday life.

“Good Sciencing” is the source with ads for ivermectin 😂😂😂

I had Covid in early July and basically "got over it" in 3 or 4 days, with mild symptoms.

Starting around the end of July I developed upper respiratory symptoms - congestion, drip, cough. Saw my GP, who put me on antibiotics and some promethazine for the cough.

It improved ever so slightly, but by the end of August was starting to get worse again. I suffered through September and by mid-October was sitting in front of my (extremely cute) ENT. She examined me, did that awful phyryngoscope thing and asked "when did you have Covid?"

She indicated that the practice had been seeing a LOT (multiple per day) patients with the same general presentation, all of them post-summer Covid. She said it just had to run its course and recommended nasal saline flushes.

I did that for a while, it continued to get worse so I bounced back to my GP in early November. Her intern had just finished an ENT rotation and told me the exact same thing that my ENT had said. My GP prescribed a course of Prednisone and daily Singulair.

That seems to have worked. A month later and I'm about 95% better. Still not completely good, but the Singulair has really helped.

The general sense among all 3 of those doctors is that this thing, whatever it is, seems to last about 6 to 7 months.
Something almost identical happened to my wife, she had covid in september and then had this absolutely brutal virus from the end of september through early november. Tested negative for Flu and Covid, but with how rough that was I have to imagine it is definitely deadly to some.

Did you docs insinuate that what you experienced was an extension of your covid or something unrelated?

How many of the sudden deaths are due to COVID itself, which has roughly the same time-frame as the use of COVID vaccines?

I finally caught COVID this past year. Got it bad for a few weeks, high fever, bleeding in my lungs and all.

And mid-way through, I developed some irregular heartbeat issues that stuck around for a while and required a bit of beta blocker to smooth out. Docs had been seeing it a lot with COVID and figured it'd eventually go away, which it seems to have done. But, depending on the specific nature of the irregular heartbeats, there's an increased risk of both clots (potential strokes) and sudden cardiac arrest.

And it's not just COVID that can result in increased risk of heart-failure or clots/stroke, just about any serious infection can generate similar post-infection complications.

My point is, add in the many millions of new serious infections to all the cold and flu and bacterial infections already out there and of course we're going to see a large increase in heart issues and strokes due to clots. It's a normal result of the massive increase in numbers of such infections that came with COVID.

Any study that attempts to link these issues to vaccines of any kind must somehow isolate the vaccine from all other possible causes, including asymptomatic COVID infection, colds, flu, whatever other infections are going around, and so on. And that's no easy thing to do.

Ultimately, one has to weigh the data for serious side-effects from vaccines (which is still negligible despite being massively overhyped) and the data for problems associated w/the infections themselves, incidences for which dwarf those tenuously linked to vaccines.

With all this weird politically-motivated propaganda, all other causes of sudden death are being ignored so as to paint a scary and unsupportable narrative causing irrational fear among some people. Instead of looking at the obvious gaps/flaws in the narrative, people are ignoring it like it's a political theme, rather than a straightforward examination of all available medical evidence.

There's a whole separate question of why anybody thinks promoting this irrational fear is useful. Who benefits? I suspect it's about driving votes; fabricating wedge issues. It's like fear of terrorism (which is insanely stupid, by the numbers), or fear of communism (also stupid, in the US at least). Or fear of "bird flu" or "monkey pox" or whatever.

People need to stop being so easily scared of everything because special-interests out there are using it against you and the media is happy to play along since it increases their ad income. Stop listening to people who are trying to scare you and instead go out and calmly evaluate all the data, not just that which narrowly confirms an unlikely and illogical narrative.

I'm not holding my breath. But people need to calm the fvck down about this stuff.

Interesting facts but they don't tell the whole story. As @mildone mentioned, the timeline of covid and vaccines overlap pretty closely and it will be difficult to ascertain the cause of death as the majority have had the vaccine and there are over 100,000,000 reported covid cases in the US (with some percentage of that people who have had covid multiple times.) Enroll mildone pronto in any study addressing this. I believe he was one who declined to get the vaccine (I might be wrong though) and there was cardiac and pulmonary involvement which appears to be related to his infection. I hope you are all better Mild.
Perhaps the blood clots / complicationes come from the vaccine. That needs to be balanced by the fact that there were more than 4000 people dying a day from COVID. I will take that risk every time. The vaccines have saved thousands of lives and allowed our country to return to a new normal of everyday life.
I'm in your camp. One thing is for sure, when the first wave of covid hit, the effects on the body were devastating. We are talking cardiac, pulmonary, vascular, neural, renal, etc. involvement. Once covid vaccines were started, the vast majority of hospitalized patients with covid were unvaccinated. During that time, it was a nice little defacto way of showing the efficacy of the vaccine.

“Good Sciencing” is the source with ads for ivermectin 😂😂😂
You mean the proven, effective antiviral medication that has been taken billions of times and saved millions of lives over decades all over the world? With zero negative side effects? It's just a travesty that somebody might promote that.
All I can say is wow dude.
Are you like 12, or just really that naive?

How many of the sudden deaths are due to COVID itself, which has roughly the same time-frame as the use of COVID vaccines?

I finally caught COVID this past year. Got it bad for a few weeks, high fever, bleeding in my lungs and all.

And mid-way through, I developed some irregular heartbeat issues that stuck around for a while and required a bit of beta blocker to smooth out. Docs had been seeing it a lot with COVID and figured it'd eventually go away, which it seems to have done. But, depending on the specific nature of the irregular heartbeats, there's an increased risk of both clots (potential strokes) and sudden cardiac arrest.

And it's not just COVID that can result in increased risk of heart-failure or clots/stroke, just about any serious infection can generate similar post-infection complications.

My point is, add in the many millions of new serious infections to all the cold and flu and bacterial infections already out there and of course we're going to see a large increase in heart issues and strokes due to clots. It's a normal result of the massive increase in numbers of such infections that came with COVID.

Any study that attempts to link these issues to vaccines of any kind must somehow isolate the vaccine from all other possible causes, including asymptomatic COVID infection, colds, flu, whatever other infections are going around, and so on. And that's no easy thing to do.

Ultimately, one has to weigh the data for serious side-effects from vaccines (which is still negligible despite being massively overhyped) and the data for problems associated w/the infections themselves, incidences for which dwarf those tenuously linked to vaccines.

With all this weird politically-motivated propaganda, all other causes of sudden death are being ignored so as to paint a scary and unsupportable narrative causing irrational fear among some people. Instead of looking at the obvious gaps/flaws in the narrative, people are ignoring it like it's a political theme, rather than a straightforward examination of all available medical evidence.

There's a whole separate question of why anybody thinks promoting this irrational fear is useful. Who benefits? I suspect it's about driving votes; fabricating wedge issues. It's like fear of terrorism (which is insanely stupid, by the numbers), or fear of communism (also stupid, in the US at least). Or fear of "bird flu" or "monkey pox" or whatever.

People need to stop being so easily scared of everything because special-interests out there are using it against you and the media is happy to play along since it increases their ad income. Stop listening to people who are trying to scare you and instead go out and calmly evaluate all the data, not just that which narrowly confirms an unlikely and illogical narrative.

I'm not holding my breath. But people need to calm the fvck down about this stuff.

remember how every covid death was attributed to covid...I do...remember when they tried acting as if covid was as deadly to younger as to older....so its about 70K deaths now under the age of 50 and was like 50K at that height of the scare pandemic. 800k plus death of the 1,076,00 are over the age of 65. Remember when outlier were posted on this board...anecdotal stories about a healthy 27 year old dying of covid. Remember when instead of giving us the actual facts, it turned into a broad brush. I do.

Remember when people that asked questions were silenced. Remember putting masks on 6 year olds for two years...masks on college students for 2 years including all the way up to last May when everyone knew it was ridiculous at that point. Remember not selling food at the rac last year and strict mask and booster requirement just to enter the venue.

Just pointing that out..thats not political, its asking questions and saying wait a minute what actually is going on here.

Your lack of self awareness in calling out one side and then deflecting that your side here is above reproach and takes some kind of moral ground is telling. Fear? people are selling fear....yeah they have been selling fear for 3 years you included..own that please

I dont know why we are getting alot of drop dead deaths all of sudden and clotting issues, I do read up on alot of different sources. Its too soon to say definitely and anyone saying otherwise is being political and not even following science.

Last edited:
You mean the proven, effective antiviral medication that has been taken billions of times and saved millions of lives over decades all over the world? With zero negative side effects? It's just a travesty that somebody might promote that.
Bro, that site is literally a spam fest. Get better sources if you don’t want to get laughed at.

This thread reminded me of how dumb I am. It started going over my head three pages ago...

Well, we can all tell that you're extremely knowledgeable about these things, seeing as how you referred to Ivermectin as an "antiviral" when it is most definitely not. It's an antiparasitic.

Every single clinical trial of Ivermectin for Covid-19 has shown it to be of no value. It's only popular among people who (apparently) don't even know what the f*ck it is.

Reactions: RU Cheese and Kbee3
Something almost identical happened to my wife, she had covid in september and then had this absolutely brutal virus from the end of september through early november. Tested negative for Flu and Covid, but with how rough that was I have to imagine it is definitely deadly to some.

Did you docs insinuate that what you experienced was an extension of your covid or something unrelated?

They described it as "long Covid". Of course, that's not actually a thing in the ICD-10, so... :)

My cardiologist told me there is a far greater chance I would have negative issues with my heart if I caught Covid than by getting the vaccine

My wife’s doctor told her the same
My parent’s doctor told them the same
My siblings doctors told them the same

I have not read any studies that disputed that

Today there is a study out detailing how effective the vaccine was in reducing both deaths and hospitalizations

I am very comfortable in my decision to listen to my doctors. Doctors I researched over the years before I selected them. There was universal agreement that the vaccine had far more benefit than risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT