ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Soccer journalist Grant Wahl dies covering World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we can all tell that you're extremely knowledgeable about these things, seeing as how you referred to Ivermectin as an "antiviral" when it is most definitely not. It's an antiparasitic.

Every single clinical trial of Ivermectin for Covid-19 has shown it to be of no value. It's only popular among people who (apparently) don't even know what the f*ck it is.
Was a mis- type.
I know exactly what it is and what it's for. Have taken it.
Nowhere did I say or imply that it was a treatment for Covid-19.
Some medical professionals believe it has positive benefits as part of a multi-pronged treatment for Covid. I am in no position to promote or discount what they say.
I pointed out that it is a very important medication and is used worldwide and saved millions of lives. Why somebody would laugh about it is beyond me.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Was a mis- type.
I know exactly what it is and what it's for. Have taken it.
Nowhere did I say or imply that it was a treatment for Covid-19.
Some medical professionals believe it has positive benefits as part of a multi-pronged treatment for Covid. I am in no position to promote or discount what they say.
I pointed out that it is a very important medication and is used worldwide and saved millions of lives. Why somebody would laugh about it is beyond me.

Yes, it's saved millions of people from things such as River Blindness.

Unless you have a soil-borne parasite, it's not particularly useful.

Perhaps the blood clots / complicationes come from the vaccine. That needs to be balanced by the fact that there were more than 4000 people dying a day from COVID. I will take that risk every time. The vaccines have saved thousands of lives and allowed our country to return to a new normal of everyday life.

The vaccines cut Covid deaths by over 60%.

Reactions: fg7321
Yes, it's saved millions of people from things such as River Blindness.

Unless you have a soil-borne parasite, it's not particularly useful.
Travel anyplace in the world with sketchy water and be less than careful.
You'll thank God for it

EtJ_Vm-VcAAZlN4

Interesting facts but they don't tell the whole story. As @mildone mentioned, the timeline of covid and vaccines overlap pretty closely and it will be difficult to ascertain the cause of death as the majority have had the vaccine and there are over 100,000,000 reported covid cases in the US (with some percentage of that people who have had covid multiple times.) Enroll mildone pronto in any study addressing this. I believe he was one who declined to get the vaccine (I might be wrong though) and there was cardiac and pulmonary involvement which appears to be related to his infection. I hope you are all better Mild.

I'm in your camp. One thing is for sure, when the first wave of covid hit, the effects on the body were devastating. We are talking cardiac, pulmonary, vascular, neural, renal, etc. involvement. Once covid vaccines were started, the vast majority of hospitalized patients with covid were unvaccinated. During that time, it was a nice little defacto way of showing the efficacy of the vaccine.
I got the two-part initial vaccine (Moderna), and one booster. Back in late 2020, I think I maybe had a very mild case of COVID, but never progressed to more than a mild sore throat and low fever and I didn't bother getting tested - just stayed home for about 10 days after the fever went away.

In 2022, I just never got around to getting a second booster and then in early Fall, I got it and got pretty sick. I'm more or less fine now, though, thanks.

And I just got the bivalent booster. No way to prove it, but I think, had I kept up with the recommended vaccines on schedule, I would've either not caught COVID at all in 2022, or at least had a milder infection than I experienced. For example, my 87 year old diabetic and immunocompromised mom got what as probably the same COVID variant maybe a month before me and she had a mild sore throat and low fever for a week. But she was fully boosted. Prior to the vaccines, she almost certainly would've died.

Our experience was anecdotal of course, but our relative experiences mimic the strong statistical trend showing fully boosted folks having mild infections (at most) while non-vaccinated people are the ones getting very sick, winding up hospitalized or dying.

remember how every covid death was attributed to covid...I do...remember when they tried acting as if covid was as deadly to younger as to older....so its about 70K deaths now under the age of 50 and was like 50K at that height of the scare pandemic. 800k plus death of the 1,076,00 are over the age of 65. Remember when outlier were posted on this board...anecdotal stories about a healthy 27 year old dying of covid. Remember when instead of giving us the actual facts, it turned into a broad brush. I do.

Remember when people that asked questions were silenced. Remember putting masks on 6 year olds for two years...masks on college students for 2 years including all the way up to last May when everyone knew it was ridiculous at that point. Remember not selling food at the rac last year and strict mask and booster requirement just to enter the venue.

Just pointing that out..thats not political, its asking questions and saying wait a minute what actually is going on here.

Your lack of self awareness in calling out one side and then deflecting that your side here is above reproach and takes some kind of moral ground is telling. Fear? people are selling fear....yeah they have been selling fear for 3 years you included..own that please

I dont know why we are getting alot of drop dead deaths all of sudden and clotting issues, I do read up on alot of different sources. Its too soon to say definitely and anyone saying otherwise is being political and not even following science.
See, you just don't get it. I am not on anybody's side, Bac. I'm not on anybody's team. I don't GAF about sides or teams.

I only care about facts and the quantity and quality of facts that support vaccinations dwarf the facts that don't. That's not choosing sides. That's choosing facts and math and logic over paranoia and half-truths and disinformation.

Last edited:
My cardiologist told me there is a far greater chance I would have negative issues with my heart if I caught Covid than by getting the vaccine

My wife’s doctor told her the same
My parent’s doctor told them the same
My siblings doctors told them the same

I have not read any studies that disputed that

Today there is a study out detailing how effective the vaccine was in reducing both deaths and hospitalizations

I am very comfortable in my decision to listen to my doctors. Doctors I researched over the years before I selected them. There was universal agreement that the vaccine had far more benefit than risk.
And you should be comfortable with it. The nay-sayers will cling to each tidbit of counter-evidence fully ignoring how limited it is versus the vast trove of vaccine supporting data at this point.

And there's just no convincing folks do that. I don't even bother. If we see the emergence of a particularly deadly COVID variant, or some entirely new vaccine-treatable type of infection, then the at-risk anti-vaxxers will either get on board or will become subject to Darwinism. Meanwhile, they will keep citing more tidbits that are fed to them by whomever profits from their self-imposed ignorance, thinking they're actually making a valid point.

And you should be comfortable with it. The nay-sayers will cling to each tidbit of counter-evidence fully ignoring how limited it is versus the vast trove of vaccine supporting data at this point.
And there's just no convincing folks do that. I don't even bother. If we see the emergence of a particularly deadly COVID variant, or some entirely new vaccine-treatable type of infection, then the at-risk anti-vaxxers will either get on board or will become subject to Darwinism. Meanwhile, they will keep citing more tidbits that are fed to them by whomever profits from their self-imposed ignorance, thinking they're actually making a valid point.
At least the “cut and paste Kaczynski’s” will continue to send us articles from websites that used to post articles about martians and now are experts in epidemiology

Travel anyplace in the world with sketchy water and be less than careful.
You'll thank God for it

I travel all over the world. I just don't drink the water in sketchy places.

I've been poisoned exactly once in my traveling life and that was in London. At an Italian restaurant. And I'm quite convinced, given the prevailing circumstances of our dining experience, that it was purely intentional.

Used the wrong word and was corrected. Isn't the first time. Won't be the last. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV. Doesn't change my point.

You're likely not a statistician, immunologist or an virologist either....and yet you are leading the fear mongering parade in this thread by posting anecdotal information about people dying and information from a conspiracy website and delivering it in a clever cult-like manner - making vague references to attribute it to the COVID Vaccine ....of which therapeutic and cellular delivery mechanism you likely know nothing about. Then trying to cover yourself pretending to be innocent by saying things like......"Hope I'm Wrong". LULZ.

Reactions: Kbee3
Used the wrong word and was corrected. Isn't the first time. Won't be the last. I'm not a doctor and don't play one on TV. Doesn't change my point.
Yeah, no.

Considering the correct word in this case undermines your entire "point," you're either attempting to mislead or are an unapologetic member of the misled. Your choice.

I’m a PharmD grad from RU, a licensed pharmacist. Also have been in industry for 20+ years and was heavily involved with remdesivir.

I write unequivocally that ivermectin cannot work for Covid. I feel for the gullible people who deny science, think but clearly don’t understand clinical data, and fell for the stupid BS about it.

It has a lot of side effects. I used to dispense occasionally it years ago as a per diem pharmacist for people with worms. Not a joke.

Reactions: fg7321 and Kbee3
You're likely not a statistician, immunologist or an virologist either....and yet you are leading the fear mongering parade in this thread by posting anecdotal information about people dying and information from a conspiracy website and delivering it in a clever cult-like manner - making vague references to attribute it to the COVID Vaccine ....of which therapeutic and cellular delivery mechanism you likely know nothing about. Then trying to cover yourself pretending to be innocent by saying things like......"Hope I'm Wrong". LULZ.
I'm guessing everybody here towing the party line are "icians" and "ologists" then huh? Or should I dismiss everything they say out of hand simply because we disagree? I may not know every detail about therapeutic value and cellular delivery mechanisms. Point taken. I do have to point out though that the guy who invented the technology, who I would consider an expert if there is one, thinks using MRNA for this purpose is a huge mistake. One that can and will go sideways. So there's that.
You might even get to hear from him now since he got reinstated to Twitter just today. He got banned for talking all truth and science and stuff. Couldn't have that. There was a trillion dollars that needed stealing.

Calling me disingenuous for saying I don't want people to be injured or die makes you a know nothing and a real dick. Just saying.

I want nothing more than to be wrong about what is going on. I'll enjoy being called every name in the book by all you guys. Might even join in and call myself bad things.

You are wrong
If the situation were reversed and a great preponderance of data, versus a very small minority, suggested that mRNA vaccines were too dangerous and should be avoided, then something close to 100% of us making fun of you anti-vaxxers would instead be arguing against people getting those vaccines.

Except that we wouldn't have to do so because the CDC, WHO, virtually all of our doctors, and the vast majority of experts on the subject would've long since banned those vaccines and forced the drug makers to produce something safer.

So how do you explain the fact that none of that has happened? What possible motivation would all those organizations and doctors and other experts have to push vaccines that are more dangerous than beneficial?

Are they all out to get you for some reason? What makes your small minority of experts so much more qualified than the vast majority of experts?

I’m a PharmD grad from RU, a licensed pharmacist. Also have been in industry for 20+ years and was heavily involved with remdesivir.

I write unequivocally that ivermectin cannot work for Covid. I feel for the gullible people who deny science, think but clearly don’t understand clinical data, and fell for the stupid BS about it.

It has a lot of side effects. I used to dispense occasionally it years ago as a per diem pharmacist for people with worms. Not a joke.
The arrogance you have. Why do you think you know more than the kid who failed biology and they would not let take chemistry. He read 5 articles on the internet and his landscaper sent him some articles so he clearly understands this better than you ever could.

I mean how do you not see the truth

If the situation were reversed and a great preponderance of data, versus a very small minority, suggested that mRNA vaccines were too dangerous and should be avoided, then something close to 100% of us making fun of you anti-vaxxers would instead be arguing against people getting those vaccines.

Except that we wouldn't have to do so because the CDC, WHO, virtually all of our doctors, and the vast majority of experts on the subject would've long since banned those vaccines and forced the drug makers to produce something safer.

So how do you explain the fact that none of that has happened? What possible motivation would all those organizations and doctors and other experts have to push vaccines that are more dangerous than beneficial?

Are they all out to get you for some reason? What makes your small minority of experts so much more qualified than the vast majority of experts?

Why would they ever admit they got anything wrong?

Remember they desperately want to hide the origins of covid

Why would they ever admit they got anything wrong?

Remember they desperately want to hide the origins of covid
Who is they? We are talking about thousands and thousands of people all across the planet. Scientists and doctors who have the education and background to form educated conclusions about the subject matter.

Is it your contention that all those people are engaged in covering up the dangers of mRNA vaccines?

The origins of COVID is irrelevant to the question of vaccine safety and efficacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT