ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

WMT's a dud, up about 150% over 10 years.

Costco is up 600% over that time frame.
Maybe use leap calls to get some extra juice from WMT. That's one of the companies that's not going anywhere. It's a US institution.

Bought a little tiny bit of FFIE. Another meme that's up 2000% in a week, but sold off a bit late yesterday.

Reddit is polluting my mind.

Edit: was rejected at $1.00 yesterday, see if it breaks through today. Pushing up against it now.

In the real world, I added to HII.

Sold off pretty big off it's earnings, not sure why, can't find much by way of analysis on it, but rev's growing EPS growing, 14x P/E.

Broke through long term resistance at around $250 a month or two back. Ran up to $300 before selling off. Guess where it held.

It was already a pretty big position, and the stock is pretty stodgy, but figure it's a textbook add on a pullback.

What theGreat quarter. Can't go wrong buying Walmart and Costco.
Just noticed Walmart’s PE multiple is over 30.😳
Come On Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just noticed Walmart’s PE multiple is over 30.😳
Come On Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live
I'm seeing 40x.

Unfortuneately E-Trade is unable to figure out it's historical P/E due to the recent split. Or at least I think that's the reason I'm seeing a 5x P/E in 2014.

Just a quick look but that chart looks like it wants to have a bottoming out, not a quick reversal.

P/E of 18, which is near the lower range on a 10 year. EPS, at least in terms of analyst consensus, does look to have strong growth moving fwd, though the market appears to be questioning that.
Or not. lol.

I guess at this point you wait and see what it does with that $550 level.

Bought a little tiny bit of FFIE. Another meme that's up 2000% in a week, but sold off a bit late yesterday.

Reddit is polluting my mind.

Edit: was rejected at $1.00 yesterday, see if it breaks through today. Pushing up against it now.
Up 110%. Sold half.

Up 110%. Sold half.
Up 220% sold the rest.

Little bit of that Reddit lightning.

It was a tiny position and i never wished I had bought more given its a meme’r, lets see if I regret selling too soon.

Up 220% sold the rest.

Little bit of that Reddit lightning.

It was a tiny position and i never wished I had bought more given its a meme’r, lets see if I regret selling too soon.
Diamond hands…….

Keep an eye on DEFTF, an OTC, which Wall St is just starting to notice. Numbers coming out after hours and the predictions are that they’ll blow by estimates. Worth putting in a few bucks at .72/share

Reactions: T2Kplus20
The cloud of what FTX is doing with its holdings is becoming irritating. Otherwise confidence is unswayed.
Speaking of FTX, all creditors are now getting their principle back PLUS positive returns. $12B needed to be repaid and the assets are worth $15B. SBF actually made everyone money (while breaking the law). LOL!

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Good day for good ol’ DELL. Rising tide lifts all boats.

Overall long term outlook is still great although this quarter maybe a challenging one. They might miss. I don’t think they have completely built the infrastructure for such rapid growth. I can see investors punishing them for that. I would consider that a buying opportunity.

DELL is the one I am looking at as well.

BAH, HUBS, SOUN, RXRX all reporting soon. Except for BAH, they are all reporting this week.
Quite a ride for DELL. It is up 20+% just in the past 11 days at more than 75% in 3 months. I think it maybe time to take some profit. There is mild resistance at the $150-155 level.

Speaking of FTX, all creditors are now getting their principle back PLUS positive returns. $12B needed to be repaid and the assets are worth $15B. SBF actually made everyone money (while breaking the law). LOL!
They’ve been trying to push that narrative to get SBF a reduced sentence, but eff that. Imagine you loaned them 100 $sol pre-collapse, valued around $3k. You got your $3k back which is better than nothing, but that 100 $sol is worth $17k now so you got royally screwed anyway. Settling everything in USD worked to their benefit.

Quite a ride for DELL. It is up 20+% just in the past 11 days at more than 75% in 3 months. I think it maybe time to take some profit. There is mild resistance at the $150-155 level.
Any thoughts on ZETA? Started buying in the high $15's. I think this can be a big AI application winner. Stepping on CRM's toes. Only $3.5B cap.

Doing well on my PFE calls. Also bought SOFI $7 leap calls a few weeks ago. So far so good.

They’ve been trying to push that narrative to get SBF a reduced sentence, but eff that. Imagine you loaned them 100 $sol pre-collapse, valued around $3k. You got your $3k back which is better than nothing, but that 100 $sol is worth $17k now so you got royally screwed anyway. Settling everything in USD worked to their benefit.
Yeah, supposedly if everyone wasn't forced to sell at the FTX implosion, assets would have been 3-4x by now.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Reactions: T2Kplus20
It's an interesting thought.

Unfortunately the article is paywalled. I assume the idea is centered around housing?
That's weird, there wasn't a paywall on my phone. Found a summary statement:

BlackRock Inc.’s Rick Rieder has some advice that bucks conventional wisdom: The best way for the Federal Reserve to temper inflation will be to lower rates, not hold them higher. That’s because well-heeled Americans are earning more than they have in years from fixed-income investments, given that benchmark rates remain on hold at their highest level in a generation, according to Rieder, BlackRock’s chief investment officer of global fixed income. “I’m not certain that raising interest rates actually brings down inflation,” Rieder told Bloomberg’s David Westin

Weed stock SNDL has been trending the past couple days on Reddit. For those that may want to throw a wager down on a meme.

It jumped off it's lows in March and is up a near double. Has consolidated down and then up since and trying to break out past that early April high.

The long term chart is terrible, the one year though looks pretty good. Built a base, took a run, consolidated, and is now looking to break out.

I guess there is a fundamental story hear, but they don't actually report earnings consistently. Or at least E-Trade doesn't post their earnings.

That's weird, there wasn't a paywall on my phone. Found a summary statement:

BlackRock Inc.’s Rick Rieder has some advice that bucks conventional wisdom: The best way for the Federal Reserve to temper inflation will be to lower rates, not hold them higher. That’s because well-heeled Americans are earning more than they have in years from fixed-income investments, given that benchmark rates remain on hold at their highest level in a generation, according to Rieder, BlackRock’s chief investment officer of global fixed income. “I’m not certain that raising interest rates actually brings down inflation,” Rieder told Bloomberg’s David Westin
But is that any different then any other time when rates were high? And whatever rate we are currently at, isn't all that high historically. It's just high compared to the post financial crisis era.

But is that any different then any other time when rates were high? And whatever rate we are currently at, isn't all that high historically. It's just high compared to the post financial crisis era.
Well, it's probably a matter of perspective. The last two times Fed rates were 5% or higher (2005/2006 and 2000) inflation was running between 3-4%. However, back then nobody gave a shit. The Feds artificial 2% "target" is a rather new idea and has no basis in economic theory. Just Powell winging it.

not hight at all

PCE stopped falling and CPI 3.4 yoy is bad

I don't know about all of you or what you see but I just got back from Florida and plane was full, hotels were full, restaurants were full etc etc

Here, all our restaurants are full, streets are full, people are roads

heading into summer there is no way spending subsides. Fed needs to raise rates 50bps and get his over with

not hight at all

PCE stopped falling and CPI 3.4 yoy is bad

I don't know about all of you or what you see but I just got back from Florida and plane was full, hotels were full, restaurants were full etc etc

Here, all our restaurants are full, streets are full, people are roads

heading into summer there is no way spending subsides. Fed needs to raise rates 50bps and get his over with
PCE Core = 2.8% YoY
This is a perfectly fine level (and based on last week's PPI and CPI, will likely tick down again at the end of the month).

Life it good. Time for the Fed to get back to a neutral level. Probably 3.5% to 3.75%.

Well, it's probably a matter of perspective. The last two times Fed rates were 5% or higher (2005/2006 and 2000) inflation was running between 3-4%. However, back then nobody gave a shit. The Feds artificial 2% "target" is a rather new idea and has no basis in economic theory. Just Powell winging it.
target first spoke about in late 80s and became official under Ben. you don't want higher than 2% long term as it creates tremendous disadvantages for trade and balance of payments in addition to general economic issues.

the only positive sign I'm seeing, which may sound bad, is that people are starting to default in revolving credit and car loans in numbers that are catching the eyes of the powers that be. This is good, maybe the credit spending slows which is driving all of this

PCE Core = 2.8% YoY
This is a perfectly fine level (and based on last week's PPI and CPI, will likely tick down again at the end of the month).

Life it good. Time for the Fed to get back to a neutral level. Probably 3.5% to 3.75%.
you want 3.5 neutral inflation target????? stop, just step away for a while

PCE Core = 2.8% YoY

From all indications they want to cut. Just not rushing to do so. Economy looks good, no rush.

The rate cut is the carrot. Let it lead the way.

From all indications they want to cut. Just not rushing to do so. Economy looks good, no rush.

The rate cut is the carrot. Let it lead the way.
I'm fine with that. Powell knows that holding at this restrictive level may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. So, 2 cuts this year would be fine. Just start slowly moving back to neutral.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT