ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I got out of miners before the halving. I’m not confident in their growth with the reduced mining rewards
My big issue is.....do we need a proxy (miners) when you can buy a spot ETF instead? I just think demand for these stocks are going to be lower.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
You can’t fight inflation and have a soft landing. Higher for longer is here to stay. Death by thousand cuts

What makes ZETA a special company for you guys?
Growth and not expensive on price to revs.

The run up is now extreme but i like the overall momentum as well. The one year but also since the 2022 lows.

If you’re asking what i like about the actual company I can’t say ive heard of it away from the ticker.

We’ll see. GS CEO calls no rate cut this year.
GS CEO is dumb. Multiple cuts this year, Powell is itching to start. Also, the market will continue to do fine. Higher rates are blasting the economy with free money and all the spending is driving up earnings.

Growth and not expensive on price to revs.

The run up is now extreme but i like the overall momentum as well. The one year but also since the 2022 lows.

If you’re asking what i like about the actual company I can’t say ive heard of it away from the ticker.
It is a small cap company. So, what products do they have they you envision the growth coming from? Fundamentals and technical are great but for a small cap company, need to look at the actual company and the products that generate the revenue.

What makes ZETA a special company for you guys?
As Peter Lynch said - "This sucker is going up!"

Seriously, I learned about ZETA from a webinar via FS Insights (Tom Lee's shop). Outstanding presentation and a long Q&A with members, including me. I had a lengthy Zoom chat with the CFO. What clicked with me is their work applying AI to marketing, promotions, and managing customers. I am a marketing professional. I can use this big-time. It makes perfect sense what they are doing.

Reviewed their IR materials and love that they are building a propriety database, which gives them a legit moat. I even spoke to my ad agency (one of the biggest on Madison Ave) and key strategic consultant companies about ZETA. Both have direct experience with them and gave their services high marks.

And as RU-05 said, the fundamentals look good, so I'm bullish. I may become one of their customers in the future.

Reactions: Postman_1
In other news, my PFE calls are blowing up again. Keep it going! Up 40% on my position.

GS CEO is dumb. Multiple cuts this year, Powell is itching to start. Also, the market will continue to do fine. Higher rates are blasting the economy with free money and all the spending is driving up earnings.
A lot of dumb bank CEOs out there.

It is a small cap company. So, what products do they have they you envision the growth coming from? Fundamentals and technical are great but for a small cap company, need to look at the actual company and the products that generate the revenue.
Im just rolling on the inertia train. For now anyways. But they probably got stuff.

Seriously, I learned about ZETA from a webinar via FS Insights (Tom Lee's shop). Outstanding presentation and a long Q&A with members, including me. I had a lengthy Zoom chat with the CFO. What clicked with me is their work applying AI to marketing, promotions, and managing customers. I am a marketing professional. I can use this big-time. It makes perfect sense what they are doing.

Reviewed their IR materials and love that they are building a propriety database, which gives them a legit moat. I even spoke to my ad agency (one of the biggest on Madison Ave) and key strategic consultant companies about ZETA. Both have direct experience with them and gave their services high marks.
this is what I meant to say

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
NVDA continues to do what it does.....blow out all expectations:

Nvidia reports a 262% jump in sales, signals continuing AI boom

Nvidia reported first fiscal-quarter earnings on Wednesday that beat expectations for sales and earnings, and the stock rose slightly in extended trading.

Nvidia said it was splitting its stock 10 to 1.

Earnings Per Share: $6.12 adjusted vs. $5.59 adjusted, per LSEG consensus estimates.
Revenue: $26.04 billion vs. $24.65 billion expected by LSEG

Nvidia said it expected sales of $28 billion in the current quarter. Wall Street was expecting earnings per share of $5.95 on sales of $26.61 billion, according to LSEG.

Nvidia reported net income for the quarter of $14.81 billion, or $5.98 per share, compared with $2.04 billion, or 82 cents, in the year-ago period.

Nvidia reported first fiscal-quarter earnings on Wednesday that beat expectations for sales and earnings, and the stock rose slightly in extended trading.

Earnings Per Share: $6.12 adjusted vs. $5.59 adjusted, per LSEG consensus estimates.

Nvidia said it expected sales of $28 billion in the current quarter. Wall Street was expecting earnings per share of $5.95 on sales of $26.61 billion, according to LSEG.

Nvidia reported net income for the quarter of $14.81 billion, or $5.98 per share, compared with $2.04 billion, or 82 cents, in the year-ago period.
Amazing all the way around. This stock is a massive wealth creator.

SNOW popping as well. Rev's and customer count.

" Quarterly revenue climbed to $828.7 million from $623.6 million, topping analyst projections for $788.1 million, according to FactSet.

Product revenue was up 34% while revenue retention more than doubled.

Snowflake said it now has 485 customers generating more than $1 million in product revenue per year, up 30% from a year ago."

Actually missed on the bottom line.

Last edited:

And as RU-05 said, the fundamentals look good, so I'm bullish. I may become one of their customers in the future.
Ok. I will track this stock and see what it is all about. For me, AI has become a buzzword used by a lot of companies, but the real winners will likely be the one that use generative AI. ZETA is 18.14 at the close of today.

Last edited:

The alpha trade here is going to be in the companies that will be successfully using the NVDA chips to generate revenue. I am back into DELL and some of the software companies. Some of those companies are already going up in the after-hours piggybacking on NVDA results.

SNOW popping as well. Rev's and customer count.

" Quarterly revenue climbed to $828.7 million from $623.6 million, topping analyst projections for $788.1 million, according to FactSet.

Product revenue was up 34% while revenue retention more than doubled.

Snowflake said it now has 485 customers generating more than $1 million in product revenue per year, up 30% from a year ago."

Actually missed on the bottom line.
Very happy with SNOW. Last quarter was brutal, mostly due to the surprise CEO change. Glad I stuck with it. I already had a full position. CB=$146.

The alpha trade here is going to be in the companies that will be successfully using the NVDA chips to generate revenue. I am back into DELL and some of the software companies. Some of those companies are already going up in the after-hours piggybacking on NVDA results.
Very good point. What were your small-cap AI plays again?

From FS Insights. Stocks correlated with NVDA:

Last edited:
Very happy with SNOW. Last quarter was brutal, mostly due to the surprise CEO change. Glad I stuck with it. I already had a full position. CB=$146.
Has given some of the pop back, but I think if it finishes a couple % in the green, keeping the recent upward trend intact, I'm happy

Any idea why Zeta is down in pre-market?

Any idea why Zeta is down in pre-market?
It's down, so I can buy more! :)
Seriously, no idea. I don't see any specific news or press releases. It's only down 4%, so can simply be profit taking after the recent rally. Let's see how the day goes.

Reactions: RU-05
It's down, so I can buy more! :)
Seriously, no idea. I don't see any specific news or press releases. It's only down 4%, so can simply be profit taking after the recent rally. Let's see how the day goes.
It’s down more than 5% right now. How many stocks are you buying?

It’s down more than 5% right now. How many stocks are you buying?
In my personal account? I have both FS Insights stock lists via Fidelity's custom basket tool. The majority of money is in these. Otherwise, about 12-14 other positions. Several biotechs, a few call plays, tech stocks, etc.

SNOW sells off right at the opening bell.

Is that because big institutions didn't like the earnings but they don't trade in after hours? I find that odd if so.

SNOW sells off right at the opening bell.

Is that because big institutions didn't like the earnings but they don't trade in after hours? I find that odd if so.
Probably too many people buying NVDA! Need to free up cash. :)
Don't see any news, just revised price targets.

Heck of a bounce back post earnings by ELF which was down 10% initially, but is now up 20%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT