ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

AI Relies On Mass Surveillance, Warns Signal Boss​

Well, I guess they have $2B to figure it out. They should add Roaring Kitty to the board.
I don’t know about GME. But as for MSFT, I like the stonk.
MSFT…same as before…but now with AI!
Cathie Wood probably likes Palantir better because it has a PE of 165.😂

Reactions: T2Kplus20
So, I listened to a podcast yesterday with the MongoDB CEO (Patrick O's Invest Like The Best). Great episode. Dev/CEO has a clear and exciting vision for the future of databases and AI.

MDB has experiences a nice dip over the past few months. Starting a position today! Dan Ives loves this company.

Reactions: rurahrah000
Doesn't the current "AI" frenzy seem eerily similar to the "Dot.com" hysteria of a couple decades ago? Or is "this time different"?

No. The biggest AI players are making money beyond our wildest dreams. In 1999/2000, 17 of the biggest 20 Nasdaq companies were unprofitable.

Apples vs. oranges my bearish friend.
Well... sure. But it comes down to earnings and valuations, doesn't it?

Well... sure. But it comes down to earnings and valuations, doesn't it?
Sentiment and earnings matter the most. But for those that like valuations, last I checked, NVDA is cheaper at $1150 than it was at $200 due to earnings.
:)

And there were a ton of dot.com companies with NO REVENUE at all and huge market caps. This is so apples and oranges.
There are some similarities, and if by next year NVDA has a $6T market cap, and it pulls the rest of the market up along with it, then it would be even more similar.

But right now, even with some similarities, this is very different.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
ANF up 17% on earnings. Up 50% for the month. Double YTD. 5x 1 yr.

24x P/E. Not even expensive.

Also saw UNH with a 9% pullback after that nice bounce. Continuing a sideways trend. Definitely base building but who knows when it will break out. Based for 2 years 2018-2020 before an excellent 2 year run in which it was up 80ish%.

There are some similarities, and if by next year NVDA has a $6T market cap, and it pulls the rest of the market up along with it, then it would be even more similar.

But right now, even with some similarities, this is very different.
I would be more than happy to deal with such a "problem" in a few years.
😁

I would be more than happy to deal with such a "problem" in a few years.
😁
Especially if, after that market cap double, it's yet again cheaper after a huge run, then it was before it.

Compound talked about it yesterday though, they thought for sure this most recent gap would get filled, though each thought it could keep running for now, $1350 was mentioned(not sure why that would be a level).

Especially if, after that market cap double, it's yet again cheaper after a huge run, then it was before it.

Compound talked about it yesterday though, they thought for sure this most recent gap would get filled, though each thought it could keep running for now, $1350 was mentioned(not sure why that would be a level).
I saw that one last night. Great episode. I have to admit, I'm watching things closely. I have tremendous exposure to NVDA. My second biggest holding across our entire portfolio (MSFT is still a little ahead). Not talking personal account, but our "real" money.

Go check out the holdings of my 2 largest funds - FDGRX and FBGRX. LOL! Steve Wymer is the longtime manager on Fidelity Growth Company and one of the best ever. He pushed hard on NVDA. It has greatly paid off. He did the same with TSLA in 2018 thru 2020/21 and got out at the right time. I trust him and his sidekick at Fidelity Blue Chip Growth, but sooner or later these funds need to get NVDA back to a neutral position.

Reactions: Postman_1 and RU-05
I saw that one last night. Great episode. I have to admit, I'm watching things closely. I have tremendous exposure to NVDA. My second biggest holding across our entire portfolio (MSFT is still a little ahead). Not talking personal account, but our "real" money.

Go check out the holdings of my 2 largest funds - FDGRX and FBGRX. LOL! Steve Wymer is the longtime manager on Fidelity Growth Company and one of the best ever. He pushed hard on NVDA. It has greatly paid off. He did the same with TSLA in 2018 thru 2020/21 and got out at the right time. I trust him and his sidekick at Fidelity Blue Chip Growth, but sooner or later these funds need to get NVDA back to a neutral position.
The question is, when do the likes of Msft, Apple, Tesla, etc become successful in making their own chips and how does NVDA react. Comparisons to Cisco seem to be the bear case.

The question is, when do the likes of Msft, Apple, Tesla, etc become successful in making their own chips and how does NVDA react. Comparisons to Cisco seem to be the bear case.
Agree, nevermind AMD, or whoever else.

But there was a lady on CNBC this morning(not sure who she was) who thought NVDA was just so far ahead that the competition isn't coming any time soon.

Other concern would be double ordering by the big guys driving up this run.

I doubt they will ever "catch-up" to NVDA on chip tech, but maybe they will build something "good enough" for their operations?

Someone mentioned CAVA a couple weeks ago. I thought it could run up into earnings and then sell off of a good print, and I was right......for a couple hours. Was down about 10% this morning, but has reversed and has jumped about 15% since.

Also saw UNH with a 9% pullback after that nice bounce. Continuing a sideways trend. Definitely base building but who knows when it will break out. Based for 2 years 2018-2020 before an excellent 2 year run in which it was up 80ish%.
I'll do another UNH trade if it creeps down a little lower.

I'll do another UNH trade if it creeps down a little lower.
Brought 100 at $481. I wish I sold all of it at $520 but kept a little but too much. All the analysts confirmed it should be higher the last time is sunk. Willing to wait but it seem it doesn’t take long to recovery.

And there were a ton of dot.com companies with NO REVENUE at all and huge market caps. This is so apples and oranges.
I did a couple dozen M&A deals in the ‘90s, all in the dot.com space. You’re right, most companies had no earnings and many had little or no revenue. Valuations and what people were paying for companies was beyond absurd. Also, many non-dot.com companies were buying dot.com companies thinking they get higher higher valuations by being “in the dot.com space.” That’s the only similarity I see (I.e., companies not in AI today trying to become associated with AI.)

Brought 100 at $481. I wish I sold all of it at $520 but kept a little but too much. All the analysts confirmed it should be higher the last time is sunk. Willing to wait but it seem it doesn’t take long to recovery.
It will be back to $550 in short order. Let's see how tomorrow goes. One more day of weakness and I'll rebuy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT