ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I did a couple dozen M&A deals in the ‘90s, all in the dot.com space. You’re right, most companies had no earnings and many had little or no revenue. Valuations and what people were paying for companies was beyond absurd. Also, many non-dot.com companies were buying dot.com companies thinking they get higher higher valuations by being “in the dot.com space.” That’s the only similarity I see (I.e., companies not in AI today trying to become associated with AI.)
The metric was “eyeballs” back then. Whenever a new metric is being hyped, back off. Eyeballs had no value

Segment on UNH coming up on fast money.

Sounds like this dip is in regard to their medicaid business.

"Could be squeezed on a multi qtr cycle" so says their CEO.

AI Stonks
Cat Vibes GIF by Evergreen Cannabis

Got in at $223 yesterday. Added some more at $218 today.
Just added to CRM, NOW, ZS, and SNOW. Also started a new MDB position. The stock is down due to Salesforce, so I think/hope that mitigates any downside risk with the earnings report. We shall see! Can add if needed.

Reactions: Postman_1
Just added to CRM, NOW, ZS, and SNOW. Also started a new MDB position. The stock is down due to Salesforce, so I think/hope that mitigates any downside risk with the earnings report. We shall see! Can add if needed.
Yeah, about that.

SNOW continues to drop in extended as well.

Price to rev's starting to approach reasonable? Below 15x I believe.

Yeah, about that.

SNOW continues to drop in extended as well.

Price to rev's starting to approach reasonable? Below 15x I believe.
SNOW had a nice beat and raise last quarter. Happy to hold and add to the position. Buying dips due to other company's reports is normally a good move.

SNOW had a nice beat and raise last quarter. Happy to hold and add to the position. Buying dips due to other company's reports is normally a good move.
I had S with a double beat, Q2 guidance in line, but slightly lower on 2025 guidance, and thus sold off, this after a pretty big move downward move heading in.

Bought more during the day, bought more in after hours. 40% growth, price to rev's is going to be sub 10x after this dust settles.

DELL getting crushed.

Gap up big.

ZS popped nicely.

AI up big.

So all sorts of moves in both directions.
ZS = BOOM
And I bought more today. This pop gets me back into the green. Cybersecurity is only going to get bigger and bigger and bigger.

I had S with a double beat, Q2 guidance in line, but slightly lower on 2025 guidance, and thus sold off, this after a pretty big move downward move heading in.

Bought more during the day, bought more in after hours. 40% growth, price to rev's is going to be sub 10x after this dust settles.
S is a very good company. On my watchlist.

Interesting day. Seems like it took folks until mid-afternoon to read the new PCE report and realize, wait, this was good news. LOL!

They should have been doing this a long time ago. Seems like there is always a MSFT hack they they send out an emergency patch to resolve.
Yeah. MSFT seems to be turning the corner as far as missteps go. I was partial to Alphabet for a long time and thought they would become the undisputed tech leader (ever since Chrome began dominating)…but now it seems like Alphabet is the one making unforced errors.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Yeah. MSFT seems to be turning the corner as far as missteps go. I was partial to Alphabet for a long time and thought they would become the undisputed tech leader (ever since Chrome began dominating)…but now it seems like Alphabet is the one making unforced errors.
Alphabet has a few potential home runs in the pipeline through Other Bets and X Moonshot. Obviously Waymo is moving along but Isomorphic Labs is the one you keep hearing about as being its next massive company.

Alphabet has a few potential home runs in the pipeline through Other Bets and X Moonshot. Obviously Waymo is moving along but Isomorphic Labs is the one you keep hearing about as being its next massive company.
AI drug discovery is certainly an amazing area. Seems there are many small startup types in the space and the mega-big tech players seem to all be involved through joint ventures or in-house or both.

Morgan Stanley keeps an overweight rating on S. Price target of $25.

"We think that the stock at ~5X EV/CY25 sales is currently trading at a steep valuation discount for 30%+ topline growth. Remain OW."

Just a little anecdote.

Usually im smart enough not to go to costco on a sunday in june but today I wasn’t. Place was jammed.

Just a little anecdote.

Usually im smart enough not to go to costco on a sunday in june but today I wasn’t. Place was jammed.
We just joined went on a Wednesday night it was like Black Friday in there. I don’t know how people do it. Worst part was we got meat that was bad when I went to grill it last night. They told me to take a pic of it and I can get refunded.

We just joined went on a Wednesday night it was like Black Friday in there. I don’t know how people do it. Worst part was we got meat that was bad when I went to grill it last night. They told me to take a pic of it and I can get refunded.
I joined a little over a year ago in large part to get glasses. Didn't go so much at first but have been going moreso of late.

I only get certain things there, I won't sacrifice taste for value, so something like Salsa which I do eat in bulk, I won't buy there because all they have is some wimp ass mild mango salsa or something. I do get paper products like TP there, and gas, got regular today for 3.15 a gallon which is the best around. Can't beat their prices on almonds and Walnuts. And lately every time I go I get a pair of pants, shorts or shirts. Really good work pants for $20. Shorts for $15.

And at the end of the year you get money back, which this year I hope will fully offset the membership fee's.

I joined a little over a year ago in large part to get glasses. Didn't go so much at first but have been going moreso of late.

I only get certain things there, I won't sacrifice taste for value, so something like Salsa which I do eat in bulk, I won't buy there because all they have is some wimp ass mild mango salsa or something. I do get paper products like TP there, and gas, got regular today for 3.15 a gallon which is the best around. Can't beat their prices on almonds and Walnuts. And lately every time I go I get a pair of pants, shorts or shirts. Really good work pants for $20. Shorts for $15.

And at the end of the year you get money back, which this year I hope will fully offset the membership fee's.
COST has stepped up their online game. We order all of our paper products via their website. Also, things like vitamins and single serving snacks are a few clicks away.

Reactions: RU-05
It would be good to see what he paid for that option. Not a bad way to pump and dump.

ETA option volume is a great way to tell if something shady is about to go down.
CNBC and many hedge funds are all about pump and dump or fear and short. No reason for retail not to play the same game.

GME currently up 73% in premarket. LOL!

Last edited:
CNBC and many hedge funds are all about pump and dump or fear and short. No reason for retail not to play the same game.
Except those guys have to at least present a logical explanation for the pump, not a meme of someone sitting up 😀. I would not invest in a company that’s someone’s personal piggy bank. Love the stupid headline that says he has a 180mm position. His real basis is probably like 1mm.

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT