ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

So WTI down to $74 today on news some of the opec restrictions will be phased out.

52 week range of $66.80 to $93. Obviously we are closer to the lower end of that range. Does that mean look for a bounce? Or that inflation does continue to be tamed?

Either way combine lower gas prices with a little bit of fed cuts and the belt loosens up on the economy.

I do own a fair amount of energy(mostly a bunch of dogs) so i was in the red today.

So WTI down to $74 today on news some of the opec restrictions will be phased out.

52 week range of $66.80 to $93. Obviously we are closer to the lower end of that range. Does that mean look for a bounce? Or that inflation does continue to be tamed?

Either way combine lower gas prices with a little bit of fed cuts and the belt loosens up on the economy.

I do own a fair amount of energy(mostly a bunch of dogs) so i was in the red today.
Energy has been a dog with fleas, but probably a rally coming soon.

By the way, Link called out MMM on The Compound last Friday. She was very early on GE and said MMM is GE 2.0. They finally have the right CEO to get it turned around.

Energy has been a dog with fleas, but probably a rally coming soon.

By the way, Link called out MMM on The Compound last Friday. She was very early on GE and said MMM is GE 2.0. They finally have the right CEO to get it turned around.
Yup listened to it, great show, as per usual, but the Linkster definitely get's into the nuts and bolts.

I was in and out of the stock, I think back in late 22, when it was trying, but inevitably failed to break the down trend at around the $107 mark. That downtrend is not officially broken, though it probably could trade sideways for awhile before deciding whether to go up or down. 2.8% div.

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
CNBC and many hedge funds are all about pump and dump or fear and short. No reason for retail not to play the same game.

GME currently up 73% in premarket. LOL!

Except those guys have to at least present a logical explanation for the pump, not a meme of someone sitting up 😀. I would not invest in a company that’s someone’s personal piggy bank. Love the stupid headline that says he has a 180mm position. His real basis is probably like 1mm.

Of course folks come on CNBC to pump and dump. Having a "logical" explanation does not justify a pump and dump.

The Najarian brothers are no longer allowed on CNBC because of their involvement with a crypto company. It turns out that the Najarian brothers would get a kickback each time they mentioned this crypto company on air and it resulted in an increase in sign ups for the company. Never disclosed on CNBC and only caught because the company went back bankrupt and had to disclose the details other finances

My hedge fund and I am sure @jtung230 's hedge fund trades around their 13F reports.

So called 'experts' that come on CNBC will report their disclosures but it does not include their investment in the derivative market which in some instances is worth a lot more than the investment in the actual stock.

Roaring kitty hasn't done anything illegal. If etrade kicks him off the platform, they will have a lawsuit on their hands and will end up using big time. Morgan Stanley is not that stupid.

Of course folks come on CNBC to pump and dump. Having a "logical" explanation does not justify a pump and dump.

The Najarian brothers are no longer allowed on CNBC because of their involvement with a crypto company. It turns out that the Najarian brothers would get a kickback each time they mentioned this crypto company on air and it resulted in an increase in sign ups for the company. Never disclosed on CNBC and only caught because the company went back bankrupt and had to disclose the details other finances

My hedge fund and I am sure @jtung230 's hedge fund trades around their 13F reports.

So called 'experts' that come on CNBC will report their disclosures but it does not include their investment in the derivative market which in some instances is worth a lot more than the investment in the actual stock.

Roaring kitty hasn't done anything illegal. If etrade kicks him off the platform, they will have a lawsuit on their hands and will end up using big time. Morgan Stanley is not that stupid.
Great post, thanks. I bet Roaring Kitty lawyered up for a while and learned what exactly he can do and not do. He's back because he has clear guidance on the rules.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Why would I let puts that are in the money expire? Puts even on the day of expiration have a premium and I almost never exercise the option... definitely not a stock like GME.
Thanks for the clarification. It was the way you worded the last post that made me think you sometimes let contracts expire. I always read not to let that happen (due to premiums and tax issues).

E*trade can fire clients. Nothing illegal about that.

@rurahrah000 didn’t know that about the Najarian brothers. Was wondering what happened to them. Not surprised. This business is built on the art of not lying and not telling the truth.

Great post, thanks. I bet Roaring Kitty lawyered up for a while and learned what exactly he can do and not do. He's back because he has clear guidance on the rules.
You sure it’s him? Check out Matt Levine article from yesterday.

Thanks for the clarification. It was the way you worded the last post that made me think you sometimes let contracts expire. I always read not to let that happen (due to premiums and tax issues).
If I write/sell call options (almost always covered) then I let them expire (hopefully worthless). Writing call options is like selling insurance. However, I almost never write put options.

If I buy call or put options, then I will often close them when I feel like they have peaked. I almost never exercise my call or put options.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
I thought that after the first post, but it's been way too long and easy for him to publicly say....."yo, it's not me".
Right but did he really go borrow that money to get that exposure? I assume he hasn't made enough on the last pump and dump to finance this outright. Someone has to be financing this trade.

Reactions: jtung230
Lol
ncuv39gakk4d1.jpeg

Right but did he really go borrow that money to get that exposure? I assume he hasn't made enough on the last pump and dump to finance this outright. Someone has to be financing this trade.
He was up over $40m at one time during the first run. That was 3 years ago. DCA'ing index funds since then would have gotten him close to $100m.

How did they get this data? Do congressmen and congresswomen make weekly disclosures?
They do have to make disclosures, not sure if it’s weekly or within a timeframe of making trades…

I don't know much about ZETA so can't comment. HPE maybe a dark horse candidate in this server market for AI. I know they have the money to invest, but not a 100% sure about their product. I know they have been trying to upgrade their products to prepare for competition with SMCI and DELL, but time will tell if they can make a dent. I have a very small position for now.
HPE reported great earnings today with a bright guidance. It should go higher from here. I would like to see more of a PLTR type of rise rather than a DELL type of rise. Even though DELL reported good earnings, it was priced for perfection. I expect DELL to eventually get back to $155. As for HPE, there is some resistance at $20-21 and I will sell some upside calls for $22-23 tomorrow.

HPE reported great earnings today with a bright guidance. It should go higher from here. I would like to see more of a PLTR type of rise rather than a DELL type of rise. Even though DELL reported good earnings, it was priced for perfection. I expect DELL to eventually get back to $155. As for HPE, there is some resistance at $20-21 and I will sell some upside calls for $22-23 tomorrow.
Sounds like HPE is a good candidate for leap calls. This earnings report may start a steady uptrend. Never sold upside calls before. Do you need 100 shares in your account per contract?

Sounds like HPE is a good candidate for leap calls. This earnings report may start a steady uptrend. Never sold upside calls before. Do you need 100 shares in your account per contract?
You will need a 100 shares for each covered call. You can always sell naked calls, but the risk is unlimited.

He either didn’t disclose all of his original position or is funded by a 3rd party. He made a lot of money the last go around. But no way he has this much after paying taxes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT