ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

They forecast that inflation is moving higher then they cut anyway. Makes no sense.

I think the real reason is the banks need the cuts.
They now expect 2.2 for 2025 vs previous of 2.0.

Cutting to me in light of that leads me to believe they are more concerned with a slowdown of the economy then they are with slightly above target inflation.

Cut in half some underperforming dogs who were way too big positions.

INDI, SOFI, NOC.

Looking at STNE too, but feel that is at some support, looking for a move up before trimming.

I did well adding at lows, need to do better cutting back when they run.

They forecast that inflation is moving higher then they cut anyway. Makes no sense.

I think the real reason is the banks need the cuts.
Inflation is well under control. Time to cut or central banks risk unnecessarily hurting economies. Can't play the puck where it is, but rather where it is going.

Cut in half some underperforming dogs who were way too big positions.

INDI, SOFI, NOC.

Looking at STNE too, but feel that is at some support, looking for a move up before trimming.

I did well adding at lows, need to do better cutting back when they run.
I bought a modest amount of SOFI $7 Jan 2026 calls last month. Down a little, but I think a turnaround rally is possible. Positive signs with the last earnings report. We shall see!

DEFTF is rolling. Im up 50%. Small position.

Good call by @ScarletNut
Yes and its popping based on news, not speculation.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
He’s a f’ing legend.
Depends on what legacy. He could be the guy that makes people distrust the stock market. Not sure that’s the legend he wants to be. However, he’s made a ton of money so he might not care.

Funny thing is the short squeeze is over. They issued a bunch of shares so all the shorts can cover. When there is a rush to sell, this will get ugly quick.
Hopefully it is still going up in the morning so I can buy some puts.

Month out $20 strikes were pretty cheap at close today.

Hopefully it is still going up in the morning so I can buy some puts.

Month out $20 strikes were pretty cheap at close today.
Sometimes you just need to go for it and press your luck!

nowhammies-gameshow.gif

Maybe I'll go 2 months out.
I'm finding it hard to bet against Roaring Kitty right now. I'll be watching the livestream. He should come out and say he's spent the last year with top wall street lawyers and former SEC officials. We are legally protected and now will fight back against the insiders so the little guys can earn tendies in the same way. Call to action! :)

• Haha
Reactions: jtung230
"The exchange, which has raised about $120 million"

I dunno, but that doesn't sound like enough.

A curious thing is that a few years ago NYSE also threatened to move to Texas when the politicians were getting ready to drop higher taxes on Wall St. activities. Goldman was threatening to move to Miami.

As NYC continue its slide into decay I was expecting some relocation talk. NYC becoming a zoo. Last week traffic was stopped as Anti-Israel crowd was tangled-up with the identity disoriented crowd. Today the illegals took over streets with protests. Off-the-hook crime continues (with white women the usual target) and a few months ago I was at 125th St and a guy was murdered there a few days later (and another one killed a few days before). There are no good politicians who can do anything.

It makes sense to have a soft, drama reduced opening in TX that I would bet is just a start. Handwriting is on the wall in NYC.

Fake jobs revised again...its all part of the disintegration ...

"... not only has the US labor market been appallingly weak, with most of the jobs "gained" in 2023 and meant to signal how strong the Biden "recovery" has been, about to be revised away (as first the Philly Fed and now Bloomberg both admit), but more shockingly, all the job growth in the past few years has gone to illegal aliens."

Reactions: Postman_1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT