ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Around round of stock issuance really is a downer when you try to pump the stock.

A curious thing is that a few years ago NYSE also threatened to move to Texas when the politicians were getting ready to drop higher taxes on Wall St. activities. Goldman was threatening to move to Miami.

As NYC continue its slide into decay I was expecting some relocation talk. NYC becoming a zoo. Last week traffic was stopped as Anti-Israel crowd was tangled-up with the identity disoriented crowd. Today the illegals took over streets with protests. Off-the-hook crime continues (with white women the usual target) and a few months ago I was at 125th St and a guy was murdered there a few days later (and another one killed a few days before). There are no good politicians who can do anything.

It makes sense to have a soft, drama reduced opening in TX that I would bet is just a start. Handwriting is on the wall in NYC.

But to my point $120m doesn’t seem like a serious effort.

I have a feeling Roaring Kitty’s days in the spotlight may be numbered. He’s starting to look like an even bigger clown than he was before between his appearance and lack of meaningful information/insight re: GME. Eventually followers will lose interest.

I have a feeling Roaring Kitty’s days in the spotlight may be numbered. He’s starting to look like an even bigger clown than he was before between his appearance and lack of meaningful information/insight re: GME. Eventually followers will lose interest.
It was a genius move on the 1st go around. This time, he is just scamming people

Another year of a quiet WWDC for Apple? So far it seems so.

Apple announced its long-awaited artificial intelligence push, Apple Intelligence. CEO Tim Cook emphasized the need for privacy and personalization, “beyond artificial intelligence,” into “personal intelligence.

Apple’s Craig Federighi said that the generative models behind Apple Intelligence would be available across iOS, iPadOS and macOS.

Here are some of its capabilities:

• Context-driven notifications: Apple Intelligence can recognize which notifications are important to your personal context.
  • Writing improvements: Apple Intelligence will introduce system-wide proofreading and style improvements across third-party and native apps.
  • Image generation: Apple Intelligence can create generative photos based on your photo library, similar to some other platforms. There are three styles: Sketch, Illustration, and Animation.
  • Cross-application tasking: Apple Intelligence can delve into your apps and execute tasks on your behalf. One of the examples Federighi gave was asking Apple Intelligence to pull up files sent by a contact in a certain time period.
  • Focus on personal context: Apple Intelligence can draw upon the full suite of your activity but also on what’s on your screen. For example, you can ask it whether a shifted meeting will cause you to be late to a personal commitment, Federighi said.
  • Private Cloud Compute: Apple Intelligence will leverage cloud-based models on special servers using Apple Silicon to ensure that user data is private and secure. If a request needs to go to a cloud server, Apple says it will only send a limited selection of data in a “cryptographically” secure way.
Federighi said that privacy was a top priority for Apple. He described Apple Intelligence as a collection of “highly-capable” large language and “diffusion models,” as well as an “on-device semantic index” which worked across apps, to identify data and feed it to models.

Many of those models will run on-device. For those models that need to be stored in the cloud, Federighi touted Apple’s ability to let users control the kind of data you store in the cloud and how it can be accessed.

“We want to extend the privacy and security of your iPhone into the cloud,” Federighi said.

Apple announced its long-awaited artificial intelligence push, Apple Intelligence. CEO Tim Cook emphasized the need for privacy and personalization, “beyond artificial intelligence,” into “personal intelligence.

Apple’s Craig Federighi said that the generative models behind Apple Intelligence would be available across iOS, iPadOS and macOS.

Here are some of its capabilities:

• Context-driven notifications: Apple Intelligence can recognize which notifications are important to your personal context.
  • Writing improvements: Apple Intelligence will introduce system-wide proofreading and style improvements across third-party and native apps.
  • Image generation: Apple Intelligence can create generative photos based on your photo library, similar to some other platforms. There are three styles: Sketch, Illustration, and Animation.
  • Cross-application tasking: Apple Intelligence can delve into your apps and execute tasks on your behalf. One of the examples Federighi gave was asking Apple Intelligence to pull up files sent by a contact in a certain time period.
  • Focus on personal context: Apple Intelligence can draw upon the full suite of your activity but also on what’s on your screen. For example, you can ask it whether a shifted meeting will cause you to be late to a personal commitment, Federighi said.
  • Private Cloud Compute: Apple Intelligence will leverage cloud-based models on special servers using Apple Silicon to ensure that user data is private and secure. If a request needs to go to a cloud server, Apple says it will only send a limited selection of data in a “cryptographically” secure way.
Federighi said that privacy was a top priority for Apple. He described Apple Intelligence as a collection of “highly-capable” large language and “diffusion models,” as well as an “on-device semantic index” which worked across apps, to identify data and feed it to models.

Many of those models will run on-device. For those models that need to be stored in the cloud, Federighi touted Apple’s ability to let users control the kind of data you store in the cloud and how it can be accessed.

“We want to extend the privacy and security of your iPhone into the cloud,” Federighi said.
Elon weighs in…

I didn't see the Apple announcement, but I'd assume they'd be leveraging closed versions of GPT4.0. That is what effectively every company that's deployed GenAI does (it's analogous to being "on prem") so all company information is protected / not used to train broader GPT model. If that's the case, Elon is spectacularly wrong.

I didn't see the Apple announcement, but I'd assume they'd be leveraging closed versions of GPT4.0. That is what effectively every company that's deployed GenAI does (it's analogous to being "on prem") so all company information is protected / not used to train broader GPT model. If that's the case, Elon is spectacularly wrong.
Elon sounds like a sore loser.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Gotta agree with you on this one. Why would Apple create their own AI from scratch if a partnership will help them commercialize and bring new features to the market faster? I was very happy with their announcements.

Gotta agree with you on this one. Why would Apple create their own AI from scratch if a partnership will help them commercialize and bring new features to the market faster? I was very happy with their announcements.
Better question/concern (aside from Elon’s comment) is how haven’t they been able to create a working AI product on their own? Siri is relatively unusable. I’m running out of room on the back of my phone for new cameras so they need a new trick.

Better question/concern (aside from Elon’s comment) is how haven’t they been able to create a working AI product on their own? Siri is relatively unusable. I’m running out of room on the back of my phone for new cameras so they need a new trick.
But do they need to create their own AI product?

Or as Seymour pushed on fastmoney, because of Apples Iphone user base, they just act as the conduit of others AI product.

But do they need to create their own AI product?

Or as Seymour pushed on fastmoney, because of Apples Iphone user base, they just act as the conduit of others AI product.
That’s exactly what they’re doing and it will likely work. But does this mean that they are scrapping Ajax? It’s at least a little concerning that they tried for so long and failed if so.

I don't think he's a sore loser (what is he even losing here) but is misunderstanding how companies and ecosystems are leveraging ChatGPT. His reaction would be appropriate if everyone's data was fed into public GPT model, but I can't imagine that's Apples plan.

I don't think he's a sore loser (what is he even losing here) but is misunderstanding how companies and ecosystems are leveraging ChatGPT. His reaction would be appropriate if everyone's data was fed into public GPT model, but I can't imagine that's Apples plan.
He is being a sore loser because he has a competing product (xAI) to ChatGPT. Banning iPhones at Tesla is being petty. Does he ban anything in his factories and showrooms in China where the government openly surveils their citizens?

Reactions: T2Kplus20
He is being a sore loser because he has a competing product (xAI) to ChatGPT. Banning iPhones at Tesla is being petty. Does he ban anything in his factories and showrooms in China where the government openly surveils their citizens?
I don't view it that way at all. It's more so his belief of what Apple is doing. If every device is feeding data to GPT's public model, the security concerns and his comments (while bolt) at least make sense. I don't belie that is what they're doing.

I don't view it that way at all. It's more so his belief of what Apple is doing. If every device is feeding data to GPT's public model, the security concerns and his comments (while bolt) at least make sense. I don't belie that is what they're doing.
Trying to find it explained somewhere, but I believe that’s exactly what Apple is doing.

then id be entirely incorrect
From Forbes…
“While the financial terms of Apple’s partnership with OpenAI are unclear, the collaboration seems to favor OpenAI over Apple. How so? Open AI will get access to 2.2 billion handheld devices from Apple, the Journal reported.”

“If Apple “integrates OpenAI at the OS level,” Musk will forbid Apple devices, CNBC reported. Apple countered Musk by saying its own AI is the default and OpenAI is an optional feature.”

From Forbes…
“While the financial terms of Apple’s partnership with OpenAI are unclear, the collaboration seems to favor OpenAI over Apple. How so? Open AI will get access to 2.2 billion handheld devices from Apple, the Journal reported.”

“If Apple “integrates OpenAI at the OS level,” Musk will forbid Apple devices, CNBC reported. Apple countered Musk by saying its own AI is the default and OpenAI is an optional feature.”
Got that but depends upon specifics. Apple has historically been conservative on privacy side and what I've read suggests firewall or prompts whenever data would be passed through

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
Outstanding conversation on AAPL, AI and NVDA. First 20 mins or so. You can skip the rant from Weiss. LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT