ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Cathie Wood on squakbox this morning. Saw recently how her ARK's are doing nothing in the face of this rally.

Going to talk about her $2600 TSLA five yr price target.

Looks like TSLA is bouncing on the pay package news. Up 7%.
I don't see the issue with the pay package. It was agreed upon when TSLA was on the verge of bankruptcy and Elon took a 100% incentive option without any base pay. He bet and himself and TSLA and won big.

I don't see the issue with the pay package. It was agreed upon when TSLA was on the verge of bankruptcy and Elon took a 100% incentive option without any base pay. He bet and himself and TSLA and won big.
Me neither.

He met the requirements, and he is the company.

Now he can't really just walk away because that would tank the stock, which is basically his fortune, so it's a bit of a Mexican stand off, but I don't really understand trying to undermine the guy who is responsible for the huge run, and the expanded multiple.

Me neither.

He met the requirements, and he is the company.

Now he can't really just walk away because that would tank the stock, which is basically his fortune, so it's a bit of a Mexican stand off, but I don't really understand trying to undermine the guy who is responsible for the huge run, and the expanded multiple.
As Josh Brown said.....if you don't like the agreed upon pay package, sell the stock and walk away. You don't need to invest in TSLA (which is essentially investing in Elon).

Do you dispute the quote from Powell?

You serious, Clark?

Read his entire comments - from a few years ango - instead of relying on out-of-context sound bites.

If you want to discuss some of the actual details of the jobs report, such as differences between surveys of employment or the labor force participation rate or part-time versus full-time workers, have at it.

But amplifying deranged opinion pieces from the likes of Snowden and Zerohedge is a waste of precious brain cells.

If you want to discuss some of the actual details of the jobs report, such as differences between surveys of employment or the labor force participation rate or part-time versus full-time workers, have at it.

But amplifying deranged opinion pieces from the likes of Snowden and Zerohedge is a waste of precious brain cells.
That is so Nathan of you.

Any opinions on SMCI, TSM, PANW, Broadcom or LLY?
SMCI is maybe the one outlier there, but those are all great established companies.

But SMCI is in the midst of massive rev and earnings growth, and thus the stock has launched. It has been stuck in a range of late though.

TSM is basically a monopoly.

PANW was considered the top player in cyber security, CRWD may have taken that mantle, but Dan Ives thinks PANW is merely in a pit stop, and will come back flying. This recent lull might be a good buying opportunity.

The only concerns with LLY and Broadcom is they are just so on fire at the moment.

Last edited:
Do you consume any non-conspiratorial news sites? Zerohedge is bonkers.

Curiously - the "conspiracy" people have been been doing quite well the last years.

Only the sleepiest normies roll with MSM and still think Ukraine is winning, the border is secure and the economy is on fire . This week the FBI claimed a "historic" decrease in violent crime but the aware people know the big blue cities stopped reporting crimes (and FBI fudges what's left).

How can one of the most important economies in the world keep spewing "official" garbage stats? Now DC mafia is stealing Russian investors funds. Obviously US trustworthiness is being undermined intentionally. When CCP owns DC this is what happens.

The Fed is fed up with data revisions​

Reactions: Postman_1
Anyone have thoughts on Intel as the next big turnaround story - could it be Apple in the 90s with huge potential returns ahead?
I'm in preservation here and have positioned to be safe and make money if it goes or down. do not like these mkts as there are definite cracks in the consumer

Anyone have thoughts on Intel as the next big turnaround story - could it be Apple in the 90s with huge potential returns ahead?
I’m long Intel, but they have a lot of work to do. They are behind AMD and are trying to catchup. ARM is trying to muscle in on the PC market. So they are far from a sure thing. This is a wait and see. Not seeing Apple like potential yet, but they have a huge opportunity ahead.

Don’t look at the price of the shares. Look at the potential to increase profits. I’m investing new capital in Nvidia, AMZN, GOOG, AAPL, and MSFT.

Last edited:

With the Taiwan situation making tech fabs nervous, Intel should have been poised to make-up some serious ground. However the radicals running the gov have been wrecking the once bi-partisan chip initiatives due to DEI. Even TSMC couldn't survive the kooks.

"Because equity is so critical, the makers of humanity’s most complex technology must rely on local labor and apprentices from all those underrepresented groups, as TSMC discovered to its dismay...

Tired of delays at its first fab, the company had 500 employees from Taiwan. This angered local workers, since the implication was that they weren’t skilled enough. With CHIPS grants at risk, TSMC caved in December, agreeing to rely on those workers and invest more in training them. A month later, it postponed its second Arizona fab.

Now TSMC has revealed plans to build a second fab in Japan. Its first, which broke ground in 2021, is about to begin production. TSMC has learned that when the Japanese promise money, they actually give it, and they allow it to use competent workers. TSMC is also sampling Germany’s chip subsidies, as is Intel.

Intel is also building fabs in Poland and Israel, which means it would rather risk Russian aggression and Hamas rockets over dealing with America’s DEI regime. Samsung is pivoting toward making its South Korean homeland the semiconductor superpower after Taiwan falls.

In short, the world’s best chipmakers are tired of being pawns in the CHIPS Act’s political games. They’ve quietly given up on America. Intel must know the coming grants are election-year stunts — mere statements of intent that will not be followed up. Even after due diligence and final agreements, the funds will only be released in dribs and drabs as recipients prove they’re jumping through the appropriate hoops"

https://thehill.com/opinion/4517470-dei-killed-the-chips-act/

THIS is why we cant have nice things

This chart keeps making the rounds in the crypto world as prices there chop. Found it fascinating that missing the top 10 market days over a 20 year time period cuts your return in half.

Crypto world? But that’s not really investing now is it?
That’s a level-headed article discussing investing in cash flow positive (in the long run) equity securities.
I’m not saying Ponzi schemes aren’t popular…but…in the long run…

Reactions: RU in IM
That’s a level-headed article discussing investing in cash flow positive (in the long run) equity securities.
It’s the concept of time in the market vs timing the market, regardless of the investment vehicle.

BTC is definitely an investment like all recognized commodities.

Reactions: Rutgers Chris
All of my accounts are at screaming ATHs. Too hard to time the market. You will likely miss out instead.

I can see a pullback of 3-5% in the upcoming weeks, but not enough to start pulling a lot of money out of the market. I used this time to sell some losers and match trimming some winners to create cash that can be deployed elsewhere. Definitely no mass selling, but trimming around the edges.

Reactions: T2Kplus20 and RU-05
I can see a pullback of 3-5% in the upcoming weeks, but not enough to start pulling a lot of money out of the market. I used this time to sell some losers and match trimming some winners to create cash that can be deployed elsewhere. Definitely no mass selling, but trimming around the edges.
I really need to get into the mentality of killing the losers. Oh I bought you one week ago and you're down 10%? Head chop.

I let them effers leach on.

I have gotten a little better though. Threw BABA into the wood chipper this week.

I really need to get into the mentality of killing the losers. Oh I bought you one week ago and you're down 10%? Head chop.

I have gotten a little better though. Threw BABA into the wood chipper this week.
Stop losses are your friend. I normally set a 10% max decline before automatically selling. I very well may restart the position, but if it falls a quick 10%, the trend may continue a bit longer than I expected.

Reactions: RU-05

That is probably the most difficult thing to do in the market especially after doing research on a stock, it goes the other way than expected. It’s all about the ego.
Stop losses are your friend. I normally set a 10% max decline before automatically selling. I very well may restart the position, but if it falls a quick 10%, the trend may continue a bit longer than I expected.
10% is random but I see your point.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT