ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Grasso dropping some short term bullishness.

The first 15 days of July are the best 2 weeks for the market going back to 1928.

The last time the Nasdaq was down in July was 2007.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Is RIVN the next Tesla going to $300? Or is it the next Fisker going bankrupt?

I might sell some tomorrow and keep like half to see where it goes.

I missed out on purchasing call options as well. I already own a lot of RIVN stock. I may sell some call options tomorrow.
Sadly, I almost bought calls yesterday, but decided to tweak some of my biotech holdings instead (and then the market closed). Oh well! :)

What are your thoughts on starting a new position? Wait for a pullback?

Sadly, I almost bought calls yesterday, but decided to tweak some of my biotech holdings instead (and then the market closed). Oh well! :)

What are your thoughts on starting a new position? Wait for a pullback?
Was over $18.50 for a bit last night.

Got below $15 this morning.

I missed my chance to sell (I had an order in for $18.50 last night but it didn't hit) but if I had sold, I'd be buying back this morning.

Was over $18.50 for a bit last night.

Got below $15 this morning.

I missed my chance to sell (I had an order in for $18.50 last night but it didn't hit) but if I had sold, I'd be buying back this morning.
I see Dec 2026 calls are available. Small bet on RIVN becoming the next TSLA? :)

By the way, looks like the first $1B from Volkswagen will convert to RIVN shares in Dec. Is that dilution or already baked in?

I see Dec 2026 calls are available. Small bet on RIVN becoming the next TSLA? :)

By the way, looks like the first $1B from Volkswagen will convert to RIVN shares in Dec. Is that dilution or already baked in?
I don't know the details, but if it is dilution, the market is gladly accepting it.

GM's stock looks pretty good of late.

And a couple stories the last 2 days that are interesting.

1)They are dipping a toe into the idea of using their battery technology for military use.

2)A new ceo for their Cruise division.

I don't know the details, but if it is dilution, the market is gladly accepting it.
MarketWatch article speculates a lot of the bump is due to short interest. $1 billion is a quarter of burn for Rivian, it will be interesting to see how much impact this has and if this is an exclusive deal or if they can keep doing this. Seems like a good deal for VW to get access to their tech to use in their own vehicles

MarketWatch article speculates a lot of the bump is due to short interest. $1 billion is a quarter of burn for Rivian, it will be interesting to see how much impact this has and if this is an exclusive deal or if they can keep doing this. Seems like a good deal for VW to get access to their tech to use in their own vehicles
It was the 1st qtr burn, but they were hoping to get fcf positive by the second half of this year. But even if they don't, they should be much better then a $1b burn.

But yes I did see talk about this being fueled by shorts getting out. But does that not suggest the shorts are wary of the stock price staying higher?

GM is in my SELL stock screener. Down 5% in last 10 days, declining RelStr and below 20D MA.
Almost all of that was yesterday. Granted following up with another down day today. But it's up 30ish% ytd, and I think it cleared a significant hurdle at around $40. And another at around $45, which may provide some support. Still above the trend line off it's Nov lows as well.

In the midst of a $16b buy back. It's only a $53b market cap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT