ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

V is a name I've liked for a long time (MA as well)..about as close to the financial sector as I get after the big crash. Broke through the 200DMA a little while back and has tried to retake it but been rejected. If it continues to drop, that's one that can be interesting in the future.

MA is just hovering around its 200DMA

Reactions: drewbagel423
Was wondering if NVDA might approach closer to the 200DMA in the mid 80s area or even possibly pierce it.. Went as low as 90 this morning but no 8 handle. It's about 30% off its highs now but mid 80s would put it at 40%. I think it went down as much as 67% during the tech crash a few years ago.

I think they should be okay with the Blackwell delay and I still like the company.

Another note:
AMD only green on my tech watchlist. Not sure why.
NVDA looks poised for a monster earnings report at the end of the month - based on META capex, AMD, and TSM reports.

Honestly, those orders were put in a few weeks ago. Didn’t think they would get hit after the quick spike.
I don't think it's a terrible spot to add a little. I think there's some support in this low to mid 90s area. It held the area you acquired it most of the day, except at the open. Round number-ish area of 100 too. Longer term I still think the company is fine and who knows where the bottom ultimately ends up.

When days or periods like this happen I'll give wider berth with regards to a range and even put an order out that might seem a little ludicrous but you know when volatility spikes, panic sets in and now the addition of algos doing their thing you never know. If it doesn't get hit that's fine but there are occasions you get an executed order lol, especially with a higher PE stocks like the tech sector.

My mind is if you like the stock at the price you bought and have belief in the company or a turn down the line, don't worry too much about it. And I'll just be planning other areas I may add if it goes down more.

Nope. Unless it opened below 98 which I don’t think happened

ETA just checked and got hit at the open for 92. Hell yeah

ETAM the QQQs got done at 424.22.

Almost made me forget I lost shit load of money today 😀
Well there you go then you got NVDA at an area in the low-mid 90s support area. Whether it's the ultimate bottom or not, it's not a terrible spot to step in.

Tom and team held an unscheduled webinar this afternoon. Bottom line, the market is scared, but the fear is based on a recession that isn't going to happen. ISM services reported today and looked really good. The consumer is strong. Earnings are strong. It won't take much for the market to realize the economy is fine and the Feds have massive room for cuts. As such, this will end with a face-ripping rally back to ATHs. Just a matter of when.

Reactions: Postman_1
Which Techs are the best value and would buy first? MSFT, META, GOOG, APPL, AMZN, CRM, or NVDA or any other stocks

Last edited:
Which Techs are the best value and would buy first? MSFT, META, GOOG, APPL, AMZN, CRM, or NVDA or any other stocks
That's a very good question. I literally added to all of these over the past 2 trading days. I think AAPL is going to be the big AI application winner due to their customer base and iPhone ecosystem. But seriously, can't argue with MSFT, NVDA, or AMZN. META hasn't dropped as much and CRM is a play on AI application as well.

That's a very good question. I literally added to all of these over the past 2 trading days. I think AAPL is going to be the big AI application winner due to their customer base and iPhone ecosystem. But seriously, can't argue with MSFT, NVDA, or AMZN. META hasn't dropped as much and CRM is a play on AI application as well.

Just saw this. I agree with GOOG and META since their PE is in the 20’s. I guess if we go into recession p/e go up but will come down over a period.

If anyone wants to get a CD at 5+% now is probably the time to get one. The news is talking about the feds cutting rates earlier in September than planned. CDs don't gain as much as some other investments but CDs carry no risk.

look at the charts. It spikes then dips. Its currently at 4 year highs. Is it going to go much higher?

I wouldn’t bet on a return to lower volatility anytime soon (next 3 to 6 months). We’re headed to a closely contested presidential election with deep concerns about widened conflicts in Ukraine, Israel, Iran, South China Sea, etc. I hope this just a short-term trade for you.

He is full of shit. He post like 70% of all the messages in this thread and it’s 764 pages long. This guy never loses market goes up he wins market goes down he wins too. Successful people do not have the time to be posting hourly multiple times. They are busy working and being successful. He is another Cali and Bac. I can’t wait to go back to work tomorrow. Time off can be a curse too lol. You see things that are BS too much.

...and it's always see above, cuz to "important" (lazy) to do any work. I call BS.

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
V is a name I've liked for a long time (MA as well)..about as close to the financial sector as I get after the big crash. Broke through the 200DMA a little while back and has tried to retake it but been rejected. If it continues to drop, that's one that can be interesting in the future.

MA is just hovering around its 200DMA

Family $ is in V. Done very well over the last eight years or so. My Dad hated selling this stock more than any other. I am more of an index fund guy, doe.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
If anyone wants to get a CD at 5+% now is probably the time to get one. The news is talking about the feds cutting rates earlier in September than planned. CDs don't gain as much as some other investments but CDs carry no risk.
Too late. Can’t find any duration on fixed income. I tried but got boxed out by institutional money.

I wouldn’t bet on a return to lower volatility anytime soon (next 3 to 6 months). We’re headed to a closely contested presidential election with deep concerns about widened conflicts in Ukraine, Israel, Iran, South China Sea, etc. I hope this just a short-term trade for you.
i think lower then 35ish a good bet. Hoping it is a short termer.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Global conflict is always a concern, but rarely a significant impact on the market.

Reactions: Joey Bags
None of those global concerns are new.

I guess Kamala is a new consideration but that is not why volatility spiked.
Agreed. Regarding Kamala, Tom Lee and team said the market doesn't like uncertainty. It doesn't know if she will be like Biden or better/worse for the markets and the election looks like a coin toss. She may be perfectly fine, but Kamala needs to make a few speeches to clarify.

Reactions: RU-05
Tom and team held an unscheduled webinar this afternoon. Bottom line, the market is scared, but the fear is based on a recession that isn't going to happen. ISM services reported today and looked really good. The consumer is strong. Earnings are strong. It won't take much for the market to realize the economy is fine and the Feds have massive room for cuts. As such, this will end with a face-ripping rally back to ATHs. Just a matter of when.
I was a big Lee fan but his prediction of 50% gains in small caps looks like a total bust. He did not mention small caps on his last interview. He got one prediction correct in 2023 but has been wrong on small caps BIG TIME this year.

I was a big Lee fan but his prediction of 50% gains in small caps looks like a total bust. He did not mention small caps on his last interview. He got one prediction correct in 2023 but has been wrong on small caps BIG TIME this year.
I don’t understand how such a massive rotation can occur when all you need to do is pull the holdings of major funds and you see over and over again Apple, MSFT, Alphabet, etc. Large Caps and Big Tech are held by everyone.

CMG seems to be one of the few that buck the trend with the consumer being more value conscious.

Taco Bell did fine, which again feeds into that same theme. I probably haven't been to one since high school but I often see lines of cars around the fairly new one near me.

I’ve been buying CMG and also started a position in SweetGreen. It seems like home-cooking may be dying a slow death as the younger generations aren’t interested in spending time cooking and it’s not like it saves you money thanks to inflation. Then you have these new pop-ups like Wonder (Marc Lore’s new thing) pumping meals out of stores like Walmart and you have to “wonder” if home-cooking and fine dining will ever make a come back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT