ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Bob Pasani noted (around 11 AM) that while the S&P was up fairly modestly, that Advance-Decline was 4-1. Yesterday when the S&P was down advance decline was 3-2.

The RUT leading the indexes today as well up 1.6%

So the broadening continues.
Very healthy for the bull market. Love to see my value stocks, funds, and ETFs play catch up.

Reactions: RU-05
PRU like MS, breaking out past long term resistance.

A stock I bought early off the Covid lows. Not an epic NVDA like performer, but 140% off the initial buys(I did add along the way) and pays a pretty fat dividend, currently 4%.
I bought a good amount of PRU in February. It’s been a great addition to my long term taxable holdings and generates great income via the dividend. I plan to keep adding.

The TSLA robot talk had me looking around at other autonomous companies. I've heard of SERV in recent months, and then a couple derivatives of SERV.

SERV, which NVDA invested money in this year, sending the stock on a tear. Micro cap at below $400mil, barely any revenue yet, but that is expected to grow, and if estimates are true (and I've fallen for these estimates before which don't pan out) then it's there could be significant upside in the next couple years. As noted below they don't actually make robots so In California they already deliver for 7-11 they just signed a deal with Uber, for whom SERV will operate(not sell) 2000 delivery robots.

OUST makes the lidar for SERV. Another micro cap. But it does have rev's, is pretty cheap on those rev's at less then 4x, and those rev's have grown nicely, and expected to grow at even better rate looking fwd. Came public during the height of the Covid run, and has tanked since. Not a falling knife though as it has been basing around current levels for a year and a half. Currently a money loser, and that definitely plays into the stock tanking, but I don't think this is a stock which one would expect to make money. Way too early in the process for that.

MGA. A legit company, a "global automotive supplier" that has been in business and actually made money for years. The actual robots for SERV though this is only a drop in the bucket of their overall rev's. Cheap on P/E at 12x, big juicy 4.5% div, not much rev growth, but earnings are expected to grow substantially in the coming years. Chart looks like crap, 60% off Covid, so I'd probably make sure it has bottomed before buying in, but it is below pre Covid levels, and down near 10 year support levels. If it can get those margins/earnings to meet expectations this "should" go up.

WOLF was up 7%, but now cooling a bit, only up 2%.

I'd buy some short terms puts, but they are pretty pricey. I do still like the price to sales multiple and the potential for growing rev's but I don't want to chase this rip. Would like to see it come back a bit.

Bought some of that OUST. Noticed it was up 20% in the past month or so.

Small position, and thinking of adding some calls to juice it.

I'd buy some short terms puts, but they are pretty pricey. I do still like the price to sales multiple and the potential for growing rev's but I don't want to chase this rip. Would like to see it come back a bit.
I bet WOLF will drift back down to $10'ish.

The TSLA robot talk had me looking around at other autonomous companies. I've heard of SERV in recent months, and then a couple derivatives of SERV.

SERV, which NVDA invested money in this year, sending the stock on a tear. Micro cap at below $400mil, barely any revenue yet, but that is expected to grow, and if estimates are true (and I've fallen for these estimates before which don't pan out) then it's there could be significant upside in the next couple years. As noted below they don't actually make robots so In California they already deliver for 7-11 they just signed a deal with Uber, for whom SERV will operate(not sell) 2000 delivery robots.

OUST makes the lidar for SERV. Another micro cap. But it does have rev's, is pretty cheap on those rev's at less then 4x, and those rev's have grown nicely, and expected to grow at even better rate looking fwd. Came public during the height of the Covid run, and has tanked since. Not a falling knife though as it has been basing around current levels for a year and a half. Currently a money loser, and that definitely plays into the stock tanking, but I don't think this is a stock which one would expect to make money. Way too early in the process for that.

MGA. A legit company, a "global automotive supplier" that has been in business and actually made money for years. The actual robots for SERV though this is only a drop in the bucket of their overall rev's. Cheap on P/E at 12x, big juicy 4.5% div, not much rev growth, but earnings are expected to grow substantially in the coming years. Chart looks like crap, 60% off Covid, so I'd probably make sure it has bottomed before buying in, but it is below pre Covid levels, and down near 10 year support levels. If it can get those margins/earnings to meet expectations this "should" go up.
Only 2 wall street analysts covering SERV, but both have strong buy ratings. Very interesting. Can be a small/home run play.

Or you could short a put with a strike price equal to the price at which you'd like to buy the stock. If it comes back to the strike price your cost would be the strike price minus the put premium. If it doesn't come back to the strike price you keep the premium

I don’t pay attention to the stock really other than because it comes up here. How much of that boom off the gov’t news could have short covering?

I’ve been messing around with SMR and OKLO. I kind of like them as nuclear plays but hard to pass up 30% gains in a day/week

Or you could short a put with a strike price equal to the price at which you'd like to buy the stock. If it comes back to the strike price your cost would be the strike price minus the put premium. If it doesn't come back to the strike price you keep the premium
I did this with WOLF last week $10 strike. I’ve already closed the position as I was up 90%(netting 10% of the coverage money). in a couple days.

Just sold puts in OUST with this strategy as well. Currently in the money. But a big premium. So if it runs i pocket the premium. If it doesn’t Im in the stock 10% below where it currently is.

Reactions: Vlife
As I know people love tales of loss. I did sell out of my PDD position. Down 20% in a couple weeks.

Still in BABA. In the red on that too.

Nice quarter for NFLX:
I cancelled my NFLX, but will probably resubscribe before the Christmas NFL games.

I'm surprised HBO isn't doing well. I watch a ton of it and it is why I was willing to cancel NFLX.

Also anyone notice that NFL is literally in Netflix's ticker?

Last edited:
I cancelled my NFLX, but will probably resubscribe before the Christmas NFL games.

I'm surprised HBO isn't doing well. I watch a ton of it and it is why I was willing to cancel NFLX.

Also anyone notice that NFL is literally in Netflix's ticker?
FYI - Alert from TL/FS Insights. Homebuilders entering the golden 6-month time period. From 10/20 to 4/28 average growth is almost 20% over the past 25 years (vs. -3% during the other half of year). Very interesting. ITB is the play, especially with rates coming down.

NFLX = copyright violation? :)

Reactions: Postman_1 and RU-05
Anyone know anything about GEVO? I didn't get in as some guy I met at work was telling me about it. He said his son works in the energy industry and it was gonna be a good one. That was at $1.60 about 3 weeks ago now its $2.92. I read some saying it was a pump and dump but some said it wasn't. It looks like they got a government loan recently and shot up

Anyone know anything about GEVO? I didn't get in as some guy I met at work was telling me about it. He said his son works in the energy industry and it was gonna be a good one. That was at $1.60 about 3 weeks ago now its $2.92. I read some saying it was a pump and dump but some said it wasn't. It looks like they got a government loan recently and shot up
My initial read on GEVO - it's an overpromise but underdeliver clean energy company. The government loan is nice, but do they even have a legit product yet? Seems purely like a sentiment and momentum trade as of now. Future is probably highly dependent on the upcoming election.

My initial read on GEVO - it's an overpromise but underdeliver clean energy company. The government loan is nice, but do they even have a legit product yet? Seems purely like a sentiment and momentum trade as of now. Future is probably highly dependent on the upcoming election.
Don't think there product is ready yet from the little I read. I wanted to get into something new. Seems like ITB might be the better choice.

Don't think there product is ready yet from the little I read. I wanted to get into something new. Seems like ITB might be the better choice.
High risk, high reward. Kind of like QS. If they figure out a viable product, the company might 50x. Maybe put a few bucks on it as a lottery ticket? Real money should go to ITB.

Reactions: Postman_1
My Tesla puts expired worthless today. 130% wasn’t enough for me. Was looking for 10x. Onik onik
Meh. That's what options are for. Small bets that swing for grand slams. I was up about 75% on my recent RIVN calls, didn't think about selling with the delivery report looming. Eventually expired worthless. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT