ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

What data? PCE core is 2.8% YoY and heading lower next week (likely 2.7%). This is the metric for the Fed's 2% target. Pretty damn close. CPI is garbage and irrelevant.

Probably a cut in July and another one in Dec (after the election).
FWIW, at the 17:30 mark they discuss that we might be close to heading toward the next move being a hike versus a cut.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
What data? PCE core is 2.8% YoY and heading lower next week (likely 2.7%). This is the metric for the Fed's 2% target. Pretty damn close. CPI is garbage and irrelevant.

Probably a cut in July and another one in Dec (after the election).
everything is spending and employment and spending stopped falling and has trended up 2months now. we are heading into summer, historically a high spending time and as energy costs rise.

We invested our entire retirement savings account in an IPO with a ticker symbol DJT at the offering price of $40. I did notice today that it is down about $5 to $27. My question for you is should I average down or .Martingale.

Please LMK.

We invested our entire retirement savings account in an IPO with a ticker symbol DJT at the offering price of $40. I did notice today that it is down about $5 to $27. My question for you is should I average down or .Martingale.

Please LMK.
It wasn’t an IPO, it was a SPAC. Initial offering was $10-10.50. Should have bought it then and sold in the $90’s. Sounds like you might be late to the trade

My RIVN gamble has not gone well... I just bought some more at $8.50. This will be my last buy for a while. I guess this is why you're supposed to research when stock picking, rather than just thinking the cars look cool and hoping it bounces back.

My RIVN gamble has not gone well... I just bought some more at $8.50. This will be my last buy for a while. I guess this is why you're supposed to research when stock picking, rather than just thinking the cars look cool and hoping it bounces back.
Once it finally broke the $10 level it was look out below! Seriously, I'm still planning to buy and take a swing, but being patient for now.

Please LMK.
Martingale if you’re not a weakling. Haven’t you seen the memes showing how DJT is actually King Midas?

• Love
Reactions: thegock
Last edited:

Medical cost ratio below 84% when you back out the temporary loosening of preauthorization due to the hack. So that's seen as a positive and it's up 5% currently premarket.

edit: I'm looking to get out of it in this mid 470s to low 490s area.
I'm in with a CB of $443. Let's see how today goes. It had a low bar to clear. FYI, lots of bullish talk on all 3 baby GEs. Buy all of them? :)

I'm in with a CB of $443. Let's see how today goes. It had a low bar to clear. FYI, lots of bullish talk on all 3 baby GEs. Buy all of them? :)
UNH I got just under 450 and a little more at 437 but I'm not intending to hold it too long. I gave the range I'm looking to get rid of it at.

GEs I sold a 1/3 of GE said this 150s to 160s area would be stiff resistance, still holding GEHC (have sold some in the past after spinoff and it had a run) and my sell order for GEV didn't get hit so holding that. I'm looking to sell 1/2 to maybe all of GEV. I think it should be okay longer term with energy transition. GS initiated a buy for it this morning.

I think they all have solid to good prospects longer term but GE is the one I like the best but I wouldn't get into it here. It's a had a huge run, a pullback and consolidation would be normal and expected.

Other note:
TSLA said they're laying off 10% of work force yesterday, broke 160 area today in early trading.

UNH I got just under 450 and a little more at 437 but I'm not intending to hold it too long. I gave the range I'm looking to get rid of it at.

GEs I sold a 1/3 of GE said this 150s to 160s area would be stiff resistance, still holding GEHC (have sold some in the past after spinoff and it had a run) and my sell order for GEV didn't get hit so holding that. I'm looking to sell 1/2 to maybe all of GEV. I think it should be okay longer term with energy transition. GS initiated a buy for it this morning.

I think they all have solid to good prospects longer term but GE is the one I like the best but I wouldn't get into it here. It's a had a huge run, a pullback and consolidation would be normal and expected.

Other note:
TSLA said they're laying off 10% of work force yesterday, broke 160 area today in early trading.
TSLA’s long term chart is in a classic Everest formation. Poor Elon is already destroying X and now he’s stuck making too-expensive-for-the-mass-market cars.

TSLA’s long term chart is in a classic Everest formation. Poor Elon is already destroying X and now he’s stuck making too-expensive-for-the-mass-market cars.
take your politics out of this please, stop validating the board thinks you're a dope. X is doing great and user feedback scores are higher and advertising fees going up. Elon bought it to open it up to free communication and he's succeeds unless you're good with nazi style media control

so please, stfu and just talk stocks

take your politics out of this please, stop validating the board thinks you're a dope. X is doing great and user feedback scores are higher and advertising fees going up. Elon bought it to open it up to free communication and he's succeeds unless you're good with nazi style media control

Yeah. Good points.

What should we do with our DJT stock that comprises most of our retirement portfolio. With a cost basis of $66.60 and the last trade at $22.75 my wife is starting to get nervous. She saw Barry Diller say that DJT is a "scam and the people who bought it are dopes."

X isn’t worth
Yeah. Good points.

What should we do with our DJT stock that comprises most of our retirement portfolio. With a cost basis of $66.60 and the last trade at $22.75 my wife is starting to get nervous. She saw Barry Diller say that DJT is a "scam and the people who bought it are dopes."
Diller is correct.

Reactions: thegock

That’s why Musk paid four times what X’s current value happens to be.😂 Some people REALLY live in a bubble. Jeesh!🙄

Yeah. Good points.

Yeah. Good points.

You obviously have not put your life savings into DJT, but there are some unfortunate folks who have followed the false messiah. DJT is not investable. There are stocks that are vulnerable to key person risk such as Elon Musk with TSLA. However if something was to happen to Musk, even though TSLA's stock would drop a significant amount, it would not go to zero. TSLA still has viable products, intellectual properties, patents, etc that make the company worth something. In the case of DJT, the stock goes to zero if Trump drops dead tomorrow (rememberer he is in his late 70's). That is not even taking into account the horrible fundamentals of the company. No serious investor or even a human with IQ above 60 should be buying this stock.

With a 5% pullback in the S&P 500, today was a good day to buy some stocks. I bought my first tranche of AI software stocks. I will be looking for more buying opportunities especially if we have a full 10% correction.

Reactions: RU-05 and T2Kplus20
With a 5% pullback in the S&P 500, today was a good day to buy some stocks. I bought my first tranche of AI software stocks. I will be looking for more buying opportunities especially if we have a full 10% correction.
+1
I was eyeing a lot of stocks today. Need at add to PLTR. Was hoping to get more at under $20, but that doesn't seem likely. Looking to add MDB and those other AI stocks you mentioned before.

Any ones in the buy zone? :)

Got a nice bounce with my UNH play today.

Reactions: Postman_1

Other note:
Out of UNH at 485. 50DMA is in that area and I think that's an okay area to take the profit. It's gone a little higher and I could see a move into the low 490s possibly.

Other news: LLY weight loss drug seems to do everything lol...but of course a lot of health issues derive from obesity/weight

If you look at their numbers, they are inching more and more to a one model company. The Y. Which is their cheapest model, and I'd say relatively inexpensive.

But aside from the Y which was up slightly in Q1, all the other models were down, some significantly.

The legacies seem to have focused on higher end EV models, and this looks to have cut into the sales of the higher end Tesla models.

So lower overall sales for Tesla, and a higher portion of those sales being their lower end models? Sounds like their rev's and margins are going to be down much worse then just the overall delivery numbers. Unless their energy storage can pick up the slack this upcoming earnings report is going to be brutal.

Out of UNH at 485. 50DMA is in that area and I think that's an okay area to take the profit. It's gone a little higher and I could see a move into the low 490s possibly.

Other news: LLY weight loss drug seems to do everything lol...but of course a lot of health issues derive from obesity/weight

Buy on a breakout through that 50 day?

Obviously this has been a long term winner.

Still a ton of strong buys out there. Seeing price targets in the high $500.'s.

Diamond hand that bizatch back to $550! LOL. In meetings all day, so I will assess after the close.

If you look at their numbers, they are inching more and more to a one model company. The Y. Which is their cheapest model, and I'd say relatively inexpensive.

But aside from the Y which was up slightly in Q1, all the other models were down, some significantly.

The legacies seem to have focused on higher end EV models, and this looks to have cut into the sales of the higher end Tesla models.

So lower overall sales for Tesla, and a higher portion of those sales being their lower end models? Sounds like their rev's and margins are going to be down much worse then just the overall delivery numbers. Unless their energy storage can pick up the slack this upcoming earnings report is going to be brutal.
Chinese EV’s are already dominating the low-price EV segment in Europe.

Buy on a breakout through that 50 day?

Obviously this has been a long term winner.

Still a ton of strong buys out there. Seeing price targets in the high $500.'s.
Yea I saw some PTs revised slightly down and some slightly higher but still all quite a bit above current price and in the 500s 1B+ dollar cost related to the cyber attack but they still overcame that and medical cost ratio was slightly better than expected when you back out some temporary changes. DOJ antitrust issue out there though.

I feel like above that 490s area but then there's resistance after that so you know lol. It's had a great run but I'm not sure if it's not leveling off a bit for a period to a point where it might be range bound for awhile if that double top doesn't confirm(for now it's bounced off that support after earnings which is a good sign). Range bound would mean the recent lows to maybe mid 500s so you can still make money even if it is range bound.

Other healthcare note:

I mentioned above JNJ and KVUE really haven't done much since their split. JNJ was suppose to be the fast grower and KVUE the slow and steady. Both have been kind of eh or worse. I think JNJ medical devices showed some growth according to their ER. It's broken a long term MA support that's held for 13 years and it seems definitive to me. It tried to retake and looks like it's been rejected. JNJ looks like it has some support in this 140s area but if that breaks I think 120s could come into play.

At least as of now, its split hasn't mimicked the ABT/ABBV split but I can't say I remember how that went in it initial stages.

An attack on both fronts.

There was the rumor of TSLA bailing on the model 2. Elon pushed back against that. But even still that is again high volume, low margin. That is not going to get this stock going.

Yea I saw some PTs revised slightly down and some slightly higher but still all quite a bit above current price and in the 500s 1B+ dollar cost related to the cyber attack but they still overcame that and medical cost ratio was slightly better than expected when you back out some temporary changes. DOJ antitrust issue out there though.

I feel like above that 490s area but then there's resistance after that so you know lol. It's had a great run but I'm not sure if it's not leveling off a bit for a period to a point where it might be range bound for awhile if that double top doesn't confirm(for now it's bounced off that support after earnings which is a good sign). Range bound would mean the recent lows to maybe mid 500s so you can still make money even if it is range bound.

Other healthcare note:

I mentioned above JNJ and KVUE really haven't done much since their split. JNJ was suppose to be the fast grower and KVUE the slow and steady. Both have been kind of eh or worse. I think JNJ medical devices showed some growth according to their ER. It's broken a long term MA support that's held for 13 years and it seems definitive to me. It tried to retake and looks like it's been rejected. JNJ looks like it has some support in this 140s area but if that breaks I think 120s could come into play.

At least as of now, its split hasn't mimicked the ABT/ABBV split but I can't say I remember how that went in it initial stages.
At some point though, do you not say, this is an all time winner, this is likely a short term dip? So even if you don't nail the technicals this is going to be a good investment.

Unless you see something in the long term fundamentals which suggest this is not the investment it once was.

Last edited:

There was the rumor of TSLA bailing on the model 2. Elon pushed back against that. But even still that is again high volume, low margin. That is not going to get this stock going.
Reminiscent (these Chinese EV’s) of how Japan got their foot in the American market door by dominating the four cylinder small car starting from the 70’s forward. It took a decade for people to notice and then suddenly all you saw were the small Hondas in that segment.

I don't pay attention to autos much at all but I'm kind of surprised. I can't say I'd ever buy a Chinese made car or EV any time soon. I'd be worried about reliability etc....after a dwelling a car is about the largest purchase most people make.

Is that market share dominance centralized in eastern Europe or across the board and also in western European countries?

I don't pay attention to autos much at all but I'm kind of surprised. I can't say I'd ever buy a Chinese made car or EV any time soon. I'd be worried about reliability etc....after a dwelling a car is about the largest purchase most people make.

Is that market share dominance centralized in eastern Europe or across the board and also in western European countries?
The next phase of chinese expansion is plants in Mexico with sales in the US.

Would people pay $10K to buy a chinese EV even if they question it's long term durability? At that price they might.

At some point though, do you not say, this is an all time winner, this is likely a short term dip. So even if you don't nail the technicals this is going to be a good investment.

Unless you see something in the long term fundamentals which suggest this is not the investment it once was.
I think fundamentally it seems fine. I just don't want to hold it longer term if I don't have to right now. I've made 2 trades in it recently for some gains in and out. It just seems like it might be leveling off for a bit as I said above maybe range bound for a bit....from say the recent lows to say mid 500s.

It could be kind of like AMZN some years back. It had a really good run then it was like range bound for a few years. It tanked in the big tech crash and now on the big tech rebound it looks like it has broken above that range from those few years. What will UNH do? I don't know. Similarly like big tech, it's big in its space and when you get big there's the potential for gov't to come after you like this DOJ antitrust thing. So how much of a damper that puts on things in the short term I don't know.

Reactions: RU-05

I caught an anecdote about Denmark and how three years ago nobody could have guessed that Danes would buy Chinese EV’s…yet today they are buying in droves. I didn’t bother looking up hard numbers but China already has a few companies in the same market segment.

Reactions: rutgersguy1

Not sure what is the better idea - Model 2/low cost model or Robo Taxis. Those taxis can be valuable even prior to FSD.

Not sure what is the better idea - Model 2/low cost model or Robo Taxis. Those taxis can be valuable even prior to FSD.
The platform used to make both is the same. The “postponing” of the lower priced model seems a bit overblown. Robotaxi will essentially be that model

Is it possible that people are just tired of the Tesla car's style? To me its gotten old and boring since they really haven't updated their look since they first went to market. So many of the other EV's just look so much better.

Reactions: RU205 and T2Kplus20
Is it possible that people are just tired of the Tesla car's style? To me its gotten old and boring since they really haven't updated their look since they first went to market. So many of the other EV's just look so much better.
The TLSA Model 3 and S are solely in need for an update/remodel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT