ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sunday Morning MLB Trivia: the "Jackie Was Out!!" edition

Once again, only because the pitcher and catcher allow it to happen.
Don’t forget, you can steal home when the catcher is throwing the ball back to the pitcher
Of course. Had to get the jump on the pitcher. Did it many times. Sometimes with a walking lead. Sometimes just creeping off. Sometimes you had to beat the tag. Sometimes the pitcher would throw it in the dirt trying to hurry up his delivery. I know one thing, all hell would break loose when you went.

Of course. Had to get the jump on the pitcher. Did it many times. Sometimes with a walking lead. Sometimes just creeping off. Sometimes you had to beat the tag. Sometimes the pitcher would throw it in the dirt trying to hurry up his delivery. I know one thing, all hell would break loose when you went.
How about you study the pitcher and see he turns his back to you and home plate when he gets the ball back from the catcher....off you go!

How about you study the pitcher and see he turns his back to you and home plate when he gets the ball back from the catcher....off you go!
Didn't do it. Not so sure I like the odds there. They yell to him & he can wheel & fire home. Off the rubber he's got to go through with the windup & delivery or it's a balk.

What player, mentioned profusely in this thread, earned a 1967 MVP vote to deny Yaz unanimous recognition?

Okay guys here you go. The team mates who both stole home in the same inning were a Rod Carew and Mr. I'll Play All 9 positions in a game........Cesar Tovar.

May 18, 1969
Detroit at Minnesota with two of the best pitchers in the AL that year: eventual 19 game winner Mickey Lolich for the Tigers and eventual 20 game winner Dave Boswell for the Twins.
Bottom of the third , Tigers lead 2-0. Tovar leads off with a single and is balked to second by Lolich. Carew follows with a walk. First and second nobody out with your #3 hitter up. Both runners take off stealing second and third. With the same batter up Tovar takes off for the plate and Carew follows to third. Now, still with the same batter up Carew steals home. So 5 stolen bases including two steals of home during a single at bat. The batter ends up being the AL MVP with 49 HRs and 140 RBI: Harmon Killebrew.
So what nutty manager is letting these guys run wild with Killebrew up. A rookie manager in his only year with the Twins, Billy Martin.
I have to say.. I thought of Carew for some dang reason but didn't remember past Killibrew on that team.. who would never steal home. I do remember Strat-o-Matic baseball and Kilibrew's disk.. I always wanted that disk in my lineup.

My bad.. not stratomatic.. Cadaco asll-star baseball..
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Google is scary.

I am guessing that because I looked up that Jackie Robinson - Yogi video on youtube to post.. I found this video from 2015 in my feed on the right while watching a tech video... (hint: he goes after the 4th pitch.. I'll cue it up better)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT