ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Take out deals in NJ

I just picked up smoothies for my staff this AM from Tropical Smoothie in Hamilton, owned by our own @ruhoopscrazy . He did a great job packing them up in ice for my 30 minute drive and my staff was very happy.
happy to support a local business AND a RU faithful fan
Thank you @MrsScrew, was great seeing you this morning. Thank you to you and your staff for all the hard work you do especially during these unprecedented trying time we are facing.
I hope we’re all making our mental checklists for people and businesses like @ruhoopscrazy during the craziness and when things get better.

I know where to go now when I’m in the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsScrew
Anyone in the area of Robbinsville/Hamilton this Friday-Sunday, stop in at Tropical Smoothie Cafe on Route 33, or have it delivered. For every smoothie we sell, we will donate and deliver one to a local Hospital, EMS, Firehouse or Police Department next week. Our goal is a minimum of 500 smoothies to donate but would love to go over a 1,000. Thanks in advance for your help.

If I use the shipnow code will you drive it over for free? Lol.
Kidding...I need to get out so ill have you leave it on the property somewhere to grab
We make it easy to pick up, Dennis. After you order someone will reach out to ask when to expect you, and then you call when you're in the parking lot. We throw it in the trunk. All the details for our "quarantine protocols" are here:
https://unionvillevineyards.com/pages/find-unionville-today

I tried Papa's once. Meh. It's okay, but nothing memorable. Just another pizza joint.
In the past, would have considered Delo's on Hamilton Avenue the best in Trenton. Delo's in Robbinsville is for the more boutique crowd who believe traveling a hour for pizza is a good thing. Pizza lover's go to Papa's.

Reactions: MrsScrew
In the past, would have considered Delo's on Hamilton Avenue the best in Trenton. Delo's in Robbinsville is for the more boutique crowd who believe traveling a hour for pizza is a good thing. Pizza lover's go to Papa's.
I love pizza and don't even remember Papa's, it's just meh. De Lo's in Robbinsville is the best of the best - thin crisp crust, wonderful tomatoes, thick cut pepperoni. I go there for lunch when I have some extra time during the workday. Always crowded, but never had to wait for a seat.

I love pizza and don't even remember Papa's, it's just meh. De Lo's in Robbinsville is the best of the best - thin crisp crust, wonderful tomatoes, thick cut pepperoni. I go there for lunch when I have some extra time during the workday. Always crowded, but never had to wait for a seat.

I can watch people lining up in the evening from my window. The smart move is to order ahead and ask for it half baked. You finish it off in your oven at home and avoid the crowd and the surley staff.

I can watch people lining up in the evening from my window. The smart move is to order ahead and ask for it half baked. You finish it off in your oven at home and avoid the crowd and the surley staff.
Do they have a different staff for dinner? At lunch, everyone is nice and welcoming. I've been going once or twice a month for about 2 years and the lunch crew is always friendly. Most of the time it's just me, but sometimes I bring some work colleagues.

Sounds like you guys are living in one of the Sharbell townhouses! I know Tom well. We partnered on a few projects in my town. I did a De Lo lunch with him last year.

Do they have a different staff for dinner? At lunch, everyone is nice and welcoming. I've been going once or twice a month for about 2 years and the lunch crew is always friendly. Most of the time it's just me, but sometimes I bring some work colleagues.

Sounds like you guys are living in one of the Sharbell townhouses! I know Tom well. We partnered on a few projects in my town. I did a De Lo lunch with him last year.

One of the condo buildings. Tom knows me.
I've never been at lunch so I'm not sure but it's very busy in the evenings and they seem to not know how to deal with the stress.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Thank you to the board members who have bought some wine from Unionville. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bottles. After chatting with @LETSGORU91 I decided that all profits from Dry Riesling sales over the next two months will go to buying lunch of coffee break spreads for Covid wings of affected hospitals. Basically, every bottle bought will buy a lunch for the next two months.
https://unionvillevineyards.com/collections/all-wines/products/2016-dry-riesling

91025617_10159568428489606_5438157487045869568_n.jpg

Thank you to the board members who have bought some wine from Unionville. I'm sure you'll enjoy the bottles. After chatting with @LETSGORU91 I decided that all profits from Dry Riesling sales over the next two months will go to buying lunch of coffee break spreads for Covid wings of affected hospitals. Basically, every bottle bought will buy a lunch for the next two months.
https://unionvillevineyards.com/collections/all-wines/products/2016-dry-riesling
Anyway to donate the wine too? Sure they can use a drink.

Awesome Johnny and to the others in supporting the healthcare workers who are busting their asses!! I'm not a big Riesling/white fan but I enjoy reds and port occasionally. How can you factor that into your giveback as long as it isn't too complicated?

Reactions: RUJohnny
Awesome Johnny and to the others in supporting the healthcare workers who are busting their asses!! I'm not a big Riesling/white fan but I enjoy reds and port occasionally. How can you factor that into your giveback as long as it isn't too complicated?
If you wanted to order , Ill contribute something substantial that I can live with to the cause. We're not a big winery and most of my reds are low inventory after the disastrous 2018 season (wet, humid) so I have to be careful going broader than the one or two labels I have enough inventory on to let go of the profit.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Carlucci's in Whitehouse Station is running $8 pizza pies and 2/$20 chicken or pasta dishes.
I think they are closed Sundays and Mondays.

Sorella's in Whitehouse Station is holding a fundraiser for the brave workers at Hunterdon Medical Center Hospital thru April.
Purchase any of their "family dinners" and they will donate a third of the total directly to the hospital. In turn they can use the money to help feed staff or purchase medical supplies. $1000 raised thus far.
I think they are closed on Sundays.

Reactions: goru1869
Warning: Grubhub/Seamless (they're the same company) has been hit hard by scammers. "Drivers" are accepting the jobs through the app, immediately marking them "delivered" without picking the food up and delivering it. Several restaurants in JC and Hoboken had to turn off Grubhub/Seamless over the weekend because they had dozens of orders that were never picked up. Story: https://www.nj.com/news/2020/03/som...y-this-might-just-put-me-out-of-business.html

We've been using Uber Eats and although their pricing ends up being a bit higher, we haven't had any problems with them at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT