ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texas at Michigan, 2024

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
7 September 2024 Texas at Michigan football. Now that’s can’t miss college football.
We host Akron and their head coach Joe Moorhead.
It would be nice if it was Deion Sanders and Colorado.
Being in the Big Ten is great — one of these days we will be in a marquee matchup.

7 September 2024 Texas at Michigan football. Now that’s can’t miss college football.
Being in the Big Ten is great — one of these days we will be in a marquee matchup.
Everyone wants to be in a marquee matchup until we get one and lose by 45

OOC is reversed compared to the last few years between OSU and Michigan. OSU has Akron, WMU and Marshall next year.

Cool, we kicked off the last two seasons with Power 5 opponents. Nothing wrong with starting next year as a warm up against Akron.

Wanna see a bad OOC schedule? Take a look at Michigan’s 2023 OOC line up.
Still the best college football team in 2023. Sour grapes? Take a look at SEC teams OOC games.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I think I’m confused- since 2014- we have played PSUMI/OSU every year- what matchup are you looking for?

Maybe next year we should schedule the national champion. We haven’t played one of them in a while. 🙄

The two B1G games that will have NC implications are Texas - Michigan and OSU - Oregon. Not sure about Michigan challenging for a B1G or NC in 2024 as they lose a lot - especially on offense and it was announced that Harbaugh is leaving for the Chargers.

The other 3, however, Texas, OSU and Oregon - all have been mentioned strongly as NC contenders .... especially OSU now with those monster Portal additions

Alabama is also playing Western Kentucky and Mercer(never heard of them)
Alabama plays Mercer, and other smaller programs, in order to secure an almost guaranteed win, and provide those smaller colleges with guaranteed money for their athletic departmen.

I know other succesful programs do as well.

Alabama plays Mercer, and other smaller programs, in order to secure an almost guaranteed win, and provide those smaller colleges with guaranteed money for their athletic departmen.

Even better if they are in-state and public.

Everybody does it. I was replying to Virginiarufan and rutgersguy1 who were implying that Michigan and even Rutgers just play powderpuffs.

Everybody does it. I was replying to Virginiarufan and rutgersguy1 who were implying that Michigan and even Rutgers just play powderpuffs.
I didn’t imply anything about anyone. I posted Michigan has played a weak OOC schedule the last few years (meaning no P5) and they’ve reversed with OSU. OSU had played Oregon and ND as their P5 games the last few years while Michigan didn’t have a P5 game. Next year Michigan has Texas and OSU doesn’t have a P5.

Also posted some notable OOC games in the SEC. For a change they’re leaving SEC country and playing on the road in other parts of the country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT